• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Flygon vs Volcarona

Hard to say.
Flygon is a badass dragonfly and Volcarona is a badass flaming moth.

I like both, but if I have to choose one, it is Volcarona. Bug/Fire combination appeals more than Ground/Dragon to me.
Also, Volcarona seems to be a reference to Mothra, a monster of Godzilla tokusatsu franchise. I love tokus. :ksmile:

Oh crap, bug-looking Pokémon are my weak point. They are so cool. :lx012:

Volcarona because of its battling prowess. I've swept teams 4-0 or so with my moth. Flygon is good, but not as good. I prefer volcarona's design over flygon as well.

I really can't decide. I love them both. I'm voting for Flygon solely because there's a Volcarona bias here and I feel the dragonfly needs some love. With that said, I think they're both terrific Pokemon.

Volcarona is overall better though, the only thing (somewhat) holding it back being the 4x Rock weakness.

I love Flygon, but Volcarona... is Volcarona. Solar moth, a perfect display of how Bug pokémon have grown from being one of the worst, to being great.
It's powerful, and it has a great design.

That said, it would've been neat if Vibrava and Flygon were Bug/Dragon... but I guess it makes sense for them to keep the ground typing, despite being insects too.

Well, Volcarona's obviously better but I just have to vote for Flygon. I always felt Flygon deserved better, maybe a new ability like Tinted Lens or Compoundeyes?
Anyways, Volcarona is definetly more useful, though that stealth rock weakness somewhat holds it back... But Flygon is at least doing good in UU and is pretty awesome, at least in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom