• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Flygon VS Yanmega

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
92px-330Flygon_Dream.png
VS
120px-469Yanmega_Dream.png

FLYGON VS YANMEGA

One is a buggy-dragon and the other is a dragony-bug.

Which design do you prefer and why?
Which do you think is the most useful?
In a battle between the two, who would win?
Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer?
Which is your overall winner?

Flygon. I really didn't like Yanmega that much.
Probably Yanmega, if only for Speed Boost.
Yanmega I guess.
Flygon, because it's not weak to the overused Stealth Rock. Besides that, Bug+Flying is not that great of a combo, nor is it unique. Ground+Dragon is much better.
Flygon.

Last edited:
Stone Edge. Fire Punch.

Bye Yanmega :p

Which design do you prefer and why? Flygon, cause it's a bug but it's not ugly as shit.

Which do you think is the most useful? Yanmega, cause of SB + dat Special Attack.

In a battle between the two, who would win? Stone Edge. Fire Punch. Bye Yanmega :p

Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer? Both have 4x weaknesses to something common. But, unlike Yanmega, Flygon can counter its weakness with regular moves instead of relying on Hidden Power.

Which is your overall winner? Flygon deserves an Emmy.

Why make me choose ;w;

OK, I'd go with Yanmega. I recently trained one and I wasn't disappointed. Good speed, good Sp.Atk and good moves too. I really do like Flygon as well, but I think I can get more use out of Yanmega. In a fight... it would depend on if it was an anime type fight or video game fight. I'd say Yanmega though.

So yeah.. Yanmega :I

Which design do you prefer and why?

Flygon, simply because I love dragons, and Flygon looks more like a dragon than Yanmega. Flygon's design suggests inspiration from Charizard, who is one of my favorites from generation 1.

Which do you think is the most useful?

Flygon, simply because it has a much better movepool then Yanmega.

In a battle between the two, who would win?

Flygon would with a single flamethrower if trained properly.

Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer?

Flygon's Type Combo. Flygon can only be taken out by dragon and ice type attacks, which aren't entirely easy to come by. Yamega can be taken down by rock, flying, ice and electric attacks. With that many weaknesses, Yanmega will have to depend on Speed Boost and an opponent who doesn't know their types to win.

Which is your overall winner?

Flygon. It's a beautiful dragon type that is highly useful in battle, and the possibilities with it are endless.

One is a buggy-dragon and the other is a dragony-bug.
Yet neither of them is Dragon/Bug... augh.

I like Yanmega. I like it a lot. I think it's pretty neat in design and concept, and it is strong enough and a much needed evolution for an otherwise unremarkable pokémon.
... but it's another Bug/Flying.
Also I like Flygon plenty too. And it definitely is the stronger pokémon, more useful and would win a battle. It has a better design and concept. It simply... is better.

Both are great, but I'll go with Flygon, as it has a better movepool and typing and looks a bit cooler.

I really like both design and battle wise, but Flygon beats out Yanmega by a tiny margin. I like Flygon's mix of a sleek draconic and bug design (too bad it isn't a partial bug type), which does make it look both cooler and cuter, imo.

Flygon because he is more easy to be sensitive with a big Dragonfly as a big Dragonfly with RED EYES that look likes a Helicopter from black phanter. Yanmega is honestly a nicer slicer because (when it was real) he can use Fly to cart you around. Types: Flygon: Dragon/ Ground why ground it has wings!? DRAGON BUG was the best opinion but nope. Yanmega: Bug Fly 4× Weakness against rock. Flygon is for me the winner because he can use Rock moves.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom