• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Flying Over Hoenn?

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
So, because the Eon Ticket is an event, which makes the Lati Event Pokemon, I feel that its needed to have a topic on this, cause its potentially a huge debate in the waiting. The screenshots feature the Lati, but what if its not only for them? What I mean is that the Flying Over Hoenn feature in those screenshots is something of a gamechanger, and limiting it to some Event Only Mega Evolutions is a pretty nasty move is it not? And it seems like it is because its also utilizing the Megas, something only in-battle, which is another major change. Unless they decided to just tease us with the Lati's, and have them as some transportation method only. Which would be another weird decision. So what's everyone's thoughts?\
Another thing is, There seems to be 2 versions, and what I can only assume is this:
A less detailed, menu style map to select where you want to go, in other words its like fly, but with a tiny Hoenn instead of the town map, and then you get a detailed view of you flying there. Which is fine, like I said, but limiting it to the Lati's is bogus, is it not?
Edit:Just saw the Eon Flute bit. So its definitely limited. Why? This is a legitimately great feature, a fresh take on an old road, and yet they're locking it behind an event. Absolutely baffling.

Last edited:
Nothing says that the Eon Ticket is required for both Mega Stones. It is only mentioned in regard to obtaining the legendary from the opposite version, just like in the original games.

Mods need to unlock the CoroCoro thread, this is HUGE.

Befriending Lati in-game, using the Eon Flute to fly over Hoenn, and reaching the isles where Legendary Pokemon can be caught...incredible.

Does anyone remember Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs? In the game (depending on your Ranger gender) you could ride either Latias or Latios and ride above the clouds and actually navigate them (like avoiding thunderstorms and running into flying types)

I have a feeling the new feature of flying with Mega Latis might be similar.

Flying on Mega Latias/Latios and actually properly seeing it rather than the same old boring "fly" animation sounds super cool, but meh if it's just limited to visiting these islands who's only purpose seems to be housing all past legendaries...
I also wonder how can they stay in mega form outside battle, but I guess maybe that's why the Eon Flute is needed... they'll probably use that to explain it

Even if limited to event islands, it's cool enough. Back then, you had this ship that just seemed to warp from the harbor to the island.

It's me or this flying thing has DLC potential?

Where does it say the Eon Flute is an event item? The only event item I've seen mentioned is the Eon Ticket, which is only necessary to obtain the Lati not native to your game (Latias for OR and Latios for AS).

I think this is a hint that ORAS are the last games of Gen VI. Corocoro says that all non event legendaries will be available via this method. Game Freak is very generous with legendaries near the end of Generations. Remember BW2 and HGSS?

I hope that the Latis finally get a unique battle theme.

I think this is a hint that ORAS are the last games of Gen VI. Corocoro says that all non event legendaries will be available via this method. Game Freak is very generous with legendaries near the end of Generations. Remember BW2 and HGSS?

I hope that the Latis finally get a unique battle theme.
So, no Z? Or Z won't feature any new legendary? (Except what is speculated to be Zygarde's new forms and moves)

Yeah, it's getting very obvious there's no Z or XY2 or any Kalos return in the near future... remember that region we were hinted about in XY? I bet the next game will be that region - with or without a new gen (I can easily see them having a new region without necessarily doing a new gen, especially now when they can throw a bunch of new megas instead)

Does anyone remember Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs? In the game (depending on your Ranger gender) you could ride either Latias or Latios and ride above the clouds and actually navigate them (like avoiding thunderstorms and running into flying types)

I have a feeling the new feature of flying with Mega Latis might be similar.

I was thinking the same thing. It's almost the exact same concept. A concept I can't say I'm anything but excited for it coming back in the main series.

Yeah, it's getting very obvious there's no Z or XY2 or any Kalos return in the near future... remember that region we were hinted about in XY? I bet the next game will be that region - with or without a new gen (I can easily see them having a new region without necessarily doing a new gen, especially now when they can throw a bunch of new megas instead)

At risk of throwing this thread off topic on the first page, there's still the new moves and event Pokemon yet to be revealed. Corocoro could easily be overstating how many legendaries are accessible. The most convincing argument, of course, is past precedent. There have always been third versions.

I bet the next game will be that region - with or without a new gen (I can easily see them having a new region without necessarily doing a new gen, especially now when they can throw a bunch of new megas instead)
It should be a new generation. I could explain in detail why (the main reason is utilizing the New 3DS properly), but suffice to Game Freak wouldn't make all the legendaries available now if there were another game (no matter which one) planned for this generation. It isn't as if there aren't enough Mega Evolutions right now, either.

firepanda said:
Corocoro could easily be overstating how many legendaries are accessible.
There is only one way to interpret "all".

The most convincing argument, of course, is past precedent. There have always been third versions.
That logic worked wonders in the last generation.

This new feature seems like a very cool addition to the games.

The Picture from CoroCoro kind of remind me about Dragonball Z Budokai 3, hehe :p

The Mythical Places also sounds like a good and very useful idea. I think a lot of people will find it positive, that you apparently don't have to transfer as many Legendary Pokémon as before.

Also with Hoenn being a region heavily dominated by the nature and weather, I think this new flying mechanic fits perfect in the Hoenn region :)

That logic worked wonders in the last generation.

You have to admit, we did get third versions.

I do think your theory about flying being cut from XY rings of truth and I agree that no more mains series games this generation is looking likely. I just don't think it's very obvious that it's going to happen.

firepanda said:
Corocoro could easily be overstating how many legendaries are accessible.
There is only one way to interpret "all".

Actually, I think the article said something along the lines of being able to catch all the Legendaries if you have X, Y, OR and AS. So I don't think Yveltal, Xerneas and Zygarde will be in ORAS for example and that there will be version exclusives among the others. For example Lugia, Palkia, Darkrai and Zekrom in one game and Ho-Oh, Dialga, Cresselia and Reshiram in the other.

You have to admit, we did get third versions.

BW2 were brand new games, even if set in the game region... and it still proves we can't always predict what will happen based on the past

They were planned as two "third versions" though. They were ultimately only turned into sequels because Nintendo shut down the idea of having two third versions (which they wanted to do because of that stupid key feature shit).

So technically, there's always been a third version (Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, B2/W2, ???) Also, Gen. 1 (which Gen. 5 is extremely copycatting) had TWO third versions in Japan. Both Blue and Yellow. So there is a precedent for this.

Ever since Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, I always wanted a Fly feature like the one found in that game. One where you could fly on the Pokemon yourself, pilot through the skies, and catch flying Pokemon. If this is what will happen... I think I might explode from excitement right now.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom