• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Flying Over Hoenn?

Technically Mega Latios is a large bodied pokemon, it's height is 7'07" according to the official website XD

oct_p15_06_en_hhv.jpg

so you can land on the unused islands, they seem to be used for the new soaring feature

And then it gets removed in the next Pokemon game.
Probably. So lets enjoy the most of the PR3 style flying!

I'm assuming that this feature is also going to be for finally being able to catch Unown again. It would be kind of interesting for me if you had to go to several different islands to get the forms, but I doubt other people would like the idea as much.

What I don't uderstand is how pokémon who can't fly can battle in the sky.
Well, Fire, Rock, and Ground types survive perfectly well in underwater battles, so....

Anyways, I saw some screenshots on the official site, and the view looks beautiful. It's even better than Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I can't wait to see all of Hoenn from the sky.

They'd better still have the simple "press fly to go to X town" though.

It looks like the conventional way to Fly is still there, based on info we have about the Places section of AreaNav.

What I don't uderstand is how pokémon who can't fly can battle in the sky.

This. I was totally expecting Soaring battles to be wild Pokémon Sky battles, but then Shiftry and Swampert were just floating up there so NEVERMIND.

I'm just glad the Lati twins don't seem to be roaming captures anymore. Though I do wonder what happens if you release/trade your lati and then try to use the Eon Flute.

This is going to be so freakin' amazing! :D Full control! And you can land in the ocean, apparently. I wonder if you can land in the center of Mt. Chimney?

I'm really annoyed that you just befriend Latias or Latios instead of chasing them around Hoenn like in RS.

I like actually doing something for my legendaries.

The event pokemon annoy me in the same way, I liked when we weren't just handed them and we got to unlock a new area and battle them.

I suspect flying over the region will be nowhere near as interesting as people are hyped up for. I mean it's not like half of ORAS' hype train derailed or anything ¬_¬

This is going to be so freakin' amazing! :D Full control! And you can land in the ocean, apparently. I wonder if you can land in the center of Mt. Chimney?
In the middle of boiling lava? Good question. I want to see if it happens, too. In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, we could ride on Torkoals to get across lava, so they might have something similar?

In the middle of boiling lava? Good question. I want to see if it happens, too. In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, we could ride on Torkoals to get across lava, so they might have something similar?

Yep. I wonder if the Lati's would use some sort of protective bubble (like the 1st Movie Mew!) and ferry you across the fire.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom