• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Flying Over Hoenn?

firepanda said:
Corocoro could easily be overstating how many legendaries are accessible.
There is only one way to interpret "all".

Actually, I think the article said something along the lines of being able to catch all the Legendaries if you have X, Y, OR and AS. So I don't think Yveltal, Xerneas and Zygarde will be in ORAS for example and that there will be version exclusives among the others. For example Lugia, Palkia, Darkrai and Zekrom in one game and Ho-Oh, Dialga, Cresselia and Reshiram in the other.

Yes, we know it's between all four games... so XY took care of gens 1/6, leaving gens 2-5 for ORAS (and yes probably spread over the two) unless they do patch XY to include some of these as Silktree suggested
(and I'm gonna ignore some people's comments about BW2 from now on, it is not a third version and it is a proof we can't always predict what would happen based on the past, cause no one saw that coming)

Yeah I overthought this whole thing. If one lati is available, its a nice post game feature. But like I said, its obvious you go over a minimap and then fly around selected area. I'm assuming the storm cloud is part of this as well. One last thing. I wonder if this opens the possibility for a surprise in the post game.

(and I'm gonna ignore some people's comments about BW2 from now on, it is not a third version and it is a proof we can't always predict what would happen based on the past, cause no one saw that coming)
I actually saw it coming, especially after Mana Ibe had said that there would be no third version. Masuda downplayed her statement, but only because she had said too much.

This is the kind of thing this game really needed, a surprising, game changing feature that adds content to post game. Plus I always wanted to fly in the overworld since Guardian Signs. Color me hyped.

I think this is a hint that ORAS are the last games of Gen VI. Corocoro says that all non event legendaries will be available via this method. Game Freak is very generous with legendaries near the end of Generations. Remember BW2 and HGSS?

I hope that the Latis finally get a unique battle theme.

I highly doubt this, it would feel kind of shoehorned if all of the 2nd-5th gen legendaries were crammed into ORAS, plus there's a few loose ends in Kalos that haven't been explored yet such as Thousand Waves/Arrows and Eternal Flower Floette. I think what it's saying is that the remaining legendaries will be divided between ORAS and the next Kalos game.

Ever since Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, I always wanted a Fly feature like the one found in that game. One where you could fly on the Pokemon yourself, pilot through the skies, and catch flying Pokemon. If this is what will happen... I think I might explode from excitement right now.

Well, in a region where we can dive, it's not surprising that we could soar to the skies. It's surprising that we as a fanbase never thought of the possibility before.

This is the kind of thing this game really needed, a surprising, game changing feature that adds content to post game. Plus I always wanted to fly in the overworld since Guardian Signs. Color me hyped.

I think this is a hint that ORAS are the last games of Gen VI. Corocoro says that all non event legendaries will be available via this method. Game Freak is very generous with legendaries near the end of Generations. Remember BW2 and HGSS?

I highly doubt this, it would feel kind of shoehorned if all of the 2nd-5th gen legendaries were crammed into ORAS, plus there's a few loose ends in Kalos that haven't been explored yet such as Thousand Waves/Arrows and Eternal Flower Floette. I think what it's saying is that the remaining legendaries will be divided between ORAS and the next Kalos game.
I think it's even more likely that there will be ORAS exclusive items that activate events to capture legends in XY. Sea Spirit's Den screams Lugia.

Ever since Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, I always wanted a Fly feature like the one found in that game. One where you could fly on the Pokemon yourself, pilot through the skies, and catch flying Pokemon. If this is what will happen... I think I might explode from excitement right now.

Well, in a region where we can dive, it's not surprising that we could soar to the skies. It's surprising that we as a fanbase never thought of the possibility before.

I've thought about this since I played Gold for the first time and I saw Goldenrod train line going out of sight. I wanted to see "beyond" and innocently when I got HM02 I thought I could float over the map. It was disappointing back then, haha. Later I did it with Gameshark and it was even more disappointing :lol:

I've thought about this since I played Gold for the first time and I saw Goldenrod train line going out of sight. I wanted to see "beyond" and innocently when I got HM02 I thought I could float over the map. It was disappointing back then, haha. Later I did it with Gameshark and it was even more disappointing :lol:

I've actually never wondered about that in the earlier games LOL Maybe I'm weird. The only regions I've ever wanted to explore past the boundaries are Kalos (the Rhyhorn track East of Santalune) Unova (Anvil Town's train lines) and Sinnoh (pretty much every boundary).

I wonder though, is this GF testing out a morr dynamic version of fly? Cause it would suck to go back to the old system after this.

I have, especially after they put it in Guardian Signs I've always wanted the main games to do this.

I think it's even more likely that there will be ORAS exclusive items that activate events to capture legends in XY. Sea Spirit's Den screams Lugia.

That doesn't sound likely at all, it sounds really convoluted.

I actually saw it coming, especially after Mana Ibe had said that there would be no third version. Masuda downplayed her statement, but only because she had said too much.

I think I once considered that possibility but was leaning more to them still sticking to the same old formula... it was a nice surprise to finally see them try something new and honestly, it's probably for the better if the idea of "third versions" is dead forever (I'm definitely not going to miss rebuying the same game with a few added features that should've been there in the first place)

Sea Spirit's Den screams Lugia.

I used this exact same wording in a conversation with someone earlier today lmao... but yes, I'll never get over it if they wouldn't do something with Lugia and Sea Spirit's Den

I wonder though, is this GF testing out a morr dynamic version of fly?

More like a random seemingly-cool gimmick (that inevatibly will be super limited and poorly executed) that is only here to give us access to these past legendaries without shoving them in the actual story /existing Hoenn locations, and also a lazy way to avoid bothering to explain any plot reasons to them being there

Cause it would suck to go back to the old system after this.

By now we should expect it - they keep introducing nice features only to take them away forever starting from the next game... instead of keeping and further developing these ideas alongside the new content each game adds...

In what way? With all the open ended, unexplained events it seems very plausible.

In what way? With all the open ended, unexplained events it seems very plausible.

In the sense of having to trade an item from ORAS to randomly unlock new content.

What's so convoluted about it? They've had us trade Pokémon or transfer an item to unlock another Pokémon before (Rayquaza in HGSS, Landorus in BW and Regigigas in DPPt and B2W2). Granted, XY and ORAS are separate releases, but that hardly makes the idea more convoluted (just unpredictable). Besides, what about having to trade Diancie from XY to ORAS to unlock its Mega Stone? Is that really any different? The only surprising part is the idea of XY having extra content, but that should be a good thing.

CoroCoro confirms that only four games are needed to obtain all legendaries (explicitly mentioning XY and ORAS), so I suggest you reconsider your theory. Either new XY content will be unlocked or ORAS will have to accommodate 31 legendaries.

It's not random if we all know of the open ended events. I'm sure the games will be clear that X item activates X event at X location in Pokemon X.

This theory is way more plausible than shoving 31 legends into ORAS.

Still we don't know if X/Y will have an update with new content. Since it's known that most of new megas aren't programmed into X/Y except mega Latis*. So, either XY will get an upgrade with new megas data or will become obsolete and unable to direct trade with OR/AS. In the first case, an upgrade could include new events and even unlock/add new locations.

What's so convoluted about it? They've had us trade Pokémon or transfer an item to unlock another Pokémon before (Rayquaza in HGSS, Landorus in BW and Regigigas in DPPt and B2W2). Granted, XY and ORAS are separate releases, but that hardly makes the idea more convoluted (just unpredictable). Besides, what about having to trade Diancie from XY to ORAS to unlock its Mega Stone? Is that really any different? The only surprising part is the idea of XY having extra content, but that should be a good thing.

CoroCoro confirms that only four games are needed to obtain all legendaries (explicitly mentioning XY and ORAS), so I suggest you reconsider your theory. Either new XY content will be unlocked or ORAS will have to accommodate 31 legendaries.

You have to buy a completely unrelated game that you may or may not want to unlock the full experience, including the new form of the mascot which is tied to the Kalos region. It would be so much simpler and sensible to just put it on the eShop for a small fee like normal developers do. Trading over an event legendary is one thing, unlocking actual content that has nothing to do with what you're buying is another matter.

Does anyone remember Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs? In the game (depending on your Ranger gender) you could ride either Latias or Latios and ride above the clouds and actually navigate them (like avoiding thunderstorms and running into flying types)

I have a feeling the new feature of flying with Mega Latis might be similar.

By what I've heard it'll be exactly like the flying mechanic Pokemon Ranger 3.
What Shady says about the things that have been added and what he sees, it just sounds exactly like it. I'm not surprised they finally decided to add that in (and also it just being th e Lati twins shown in the scans seems like a hint to the ranger series, or internal advertising xD) but I am surprised they decided to add it in this gen!

Here's Shady's video.
[video=youtube;3uBdB0-2jWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBdB0-2jWQ&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20Unexpected%20end%20of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com% 2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3uBdB0-2jWQ)[/video]

You have to buy a completely unrelated game that you may or may not want to unlock the full experience, including the new form of the mascot which is tied to the Kalos region. It would be so much simpler and sensible to just put it on the eShop for a small fee like normal developers do.
I don't think anyone has the right to complain about adding optional content to XY, be it by an ORAS-related patch or paid DLC (I'm sure that the vast majority would prefer the former). The only cheap solution is to make people buy a third version (for a full price tag) just for a bit more content.

I don't think anyone has the right to complain about adding optional content to XY, be it by an ORAS-related patch or paid DLC (I'm sure that the vast majority would prefer the former). The only cheap solution is to make people buy a third version (for a full price tag) just for a bit more content.

By that logic, we should be happy to have no Contests, Secret Bases, overworld flying, post game legendaries, or anything, every game should be like RBY and have absolutely nothing except for the main quest.

It's cheap if you have to force people to buy an unrelated game to improve another. What if I don't want ORAS but I want the XY patch (hell, until today I would've fallen into this category)? It'd be an utter waste of money because I'm spending $40 just to get an expansion to the game I already have and what amount to a piece of plastic junk. That's cheap too. By far the most fair way to do this would be to put it on the eShop for $5-10 and not have to bother with ORAS at all if you don't want to.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom