• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Flying Over Hoenn?

ok so what if the region the backpacker of x and y was talking about is a region in the sky. And that soinvier was of rayquaza. It makes sense rayquaza is revered as a protector like the description of that item and rayquaza is always in the ozone. Its like you need rayqaza and that soiviner to enter the sky region
There is no "region in the sky"; it's just a bunch of clouds/portals. The Strange Souvenir Pokémon looks nothing like Rayquaza, which is unrelated to the flying feature (Mega Latias/Latios and the Eon Flute are the trigger).

Agreed. The backpacker clearly says that his region is not any of the six existing ones.

These are his exact words for anyone who doesn't yet know:

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! There's a facility that you wouldn't believe... Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time." (1st conversation I think)

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region! Where is it, you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!" (last conversation after receiving the Strange Souvenir)

Besides the skies and anything else above Hoenn would still be considered part of Hoenn I'd like to think.

Last edited:
The region in question will most likely be introduced in the next generation, and the Strange Souvenir was meant to foreshadow that the 3DS would accommodate another generation (thanks to the New 3DS). I doubt that there will be any more Generation VI games, so we may see the Generation VII initial versions by early 2016.

The region in question will most likely be introduced in the next generation, and the Strange Souvenir was meant to foreshadow that the 3DS would accommodate another generation (thanks to the New 3DS). I doubt that there will be any more Generation VI games, so we may see the Generation VII initial versions by early 2016.

I was honestly expecting to see the region the backpacker mentions in the X2Y2/Z game(s). There honestly seems like nothing else to do in Kalos and I doubt that Game Freak wants to make a third version that just adds some tweaks to the story of X&Y (such as Crystal, Emerald and Platinum were to the 1st two games in their generations). Hell if they wanted to do that why not just release a DLC/patch update?

How much of a big deal was Black 2 and White 2 in terms of sales? Did they sell any better than any of the previous "third versions"? I'd like to imagine since they were actual sequels and not little tweaks to an already existing story that they probably sold better (could be wrong though), they'd probably want to cash in on that again with a X2 and Y2. I am also aware that these two titles (B2/W2) came out on an already outdated handheld, the 3DS was released a year and some months earlier.

All that aside I can agree with what you're saying @Silktree. I really don't see Game Freak working on another region for a game(s) that would most likely have to come out in 2015 to then go on and work on the 7th Generation region, whose games would more than likely come out in 2016. It would just seem like a waste of time when they could just focus all of their resources working on one great region.

If anything about the new region is in this game, its through Hoopa. You can see it behind Reshiram's foot, and the portals resemble its hoops. I do wonder where the islands will be located however. Personally, I really want the islands to be located in the Sevii Region. Would make no sense for the islands to be in Hoenn, when there's no space, unless going into the cloud takes you to a small hub with portals to each island. Also would be really screwed up if the Legendary Birds aren't on Navel Island.
Edit:Or they do have space. But that J makes no sense, cause if its the one south of Pacifidlog then they just confirmed no Frontier. That little island after it would be exactly where the frontier should be, but its not. So yeah, just what the hell is that J island if not the one south of Pacifidlog?

Last edited:
I was honestly expecting to see the region the backpacker mentions in the X2Y2/Z game(s). There honestly seems like nothing else to do in Kalos and I doubt that Game Freak wants to make a third version that just adds some tweaks to the story of X&Y (such as Crystal, Emerald and Platinum were to the 1st two games in their generations). Hell if they wanted to do that why not just release a DLC/patch update?
There a few loose ends, but I agree that a patch or DLC is the way to go. Read my thoughts in the relevant thread.

How much of a big deal was Black 2 and White 2 in terms of sales? Did they sell any better than any of the previous "third versions"?
Yes, but not by a lot. They would have sold better had they not been released for a nearly obsolete system. Regardless, sequels are unfeasible if this generation is only meant to last until 2016.

I really don't see Game Freak working on another region for a game(s) that would most likely have to come out in 2015 to then go on and work on the 7th Generation region, whose games would more than likely come out in 2016. It would just seem like a waste of time when they could just focus all of their resources working on one great region.
Indeed. They need to focus on Generation VII right now. We even know that the Strange Souvenir region is far from Kalos, so I never expected it to be incorporated into Kalos sequels.

Mitchman said:
So yeah, just what the hell is that J island if not the one south of Pacifidlog?
I think it's pretty clearly that, and the Battle Frontier is located on the small island east of it. Why do you think that isn't the case? It was always a small island, as evidenced by the original in-game map.

Would make no sense for the islands to be in Hoenn, when there's no space, unless going into the cloud takes you to a small hub with portals to each island. Also would be really screwed up if the Legendary Birds aren't on Navel Island.
I think that they should at least incorporate Navel Rock and the Tanoby Ruins this way. But the portals could technically lead anywhere in the world; the mythical places aren't all islands judging from the wording.

Last edited:
Look at the positioning of the J. If that's it, the circled island is where the frontier should be:
corocoro11144.jpg
Does that look like a frontier to you or an uninhabited island?

Oh, that's what you meant. That's probably just the small islet right next to the J island (see the original map), and the Battle Frontier island is the one further east which looks potentially inhabited (you can barely see anything).

Anyway, they do have Hoenn islands to work with, but they've implied that the portals and islands are separate.

Although its too small, you can tell on the Hoenn Map from the MultiNav that the island I circled is the big island next to the J on it. So either they moved the Frontier to the giant square cloud south of Hoenn, or that ain't the same island. Whatever it is, maybe we should this to the Hoenn Region thread for the frontier. As for the islands that have no visible landmarks, I wonder if this also means that giant triangle east of Mauville also has stuff.

Frankly, the uninhabited Hoenn islands seem bland. Hopefully the portals lead to more interesting places outside of Hoenn, even if the player can only explore very little of them.

I agree with you there. I honestly want some form of international travelling, like the Sinjoh ruins in HGSS. Would be could if you go to places like Navel Island.

If the portals lead to other locations that would be really cool. Some legendaries would be on islands (Such as Naval Rock and Birth Island), but portals could take you to more interesting areas in other regions (Too bad the Kanto legendaries are already used). What if they re purposed Naval Rock, it could have Lugia at the peak with the 3 birds in different locations relating to their type also on the rock (Moltres in a volcanic area, Articuno in a snowy cave or peak, and Zapdos near an abandoned warehouse or power plant?)

I doubt that those games will be released at least until Mid 2016 and I don't expect them after Autumn of that year.

Why? Because if they planned an early 201k6 release, the ipcoming anime preview would have Ramos and even Clemont. And we almost know that we won't yet a new gym until January.

And the reason why they're making the rest of legendaries appear in Gen VI is because Nintendo doesn't allow Pokebank Pokemon in official tournaments.

Because that, Gamefreak is forced to run all the pokemon in Gen VI. Expect ALL the pokemon that are not obtained in events being available between X/Y and OR/AS and themajority of them with hidden abilities.

Also, expect the majority of tutors(at least the competitively viable ones) to appear in OR/AS for the same reasons.

Last edited:
regarding the anime comment, they can easily do both Ramos and Clemont quickly, like almost immediately one after the other, so... for all we know by March Ash would already have 5 badges, then it's just 3 left... and they do seem to suddenly speed up the pace (with Froakie already evolving, and Serena finally doing things)

So Soaring is the official English name, and we have complete footage of it on the site. Its freestyle, go anywhere land anywhere. This is huge.

It looks amazing! I though the whole flying/soaring would be very limited and mostly more more cinematic then actual gameplay.But what a pleasant suprise!! I am so hyped about this now! :D

Why? Because if they planned an early 201k6 release, the ipcoming anime preview would have Ramos and even Clemont.
That preview hardly showed much and most likely pertains to this year only. The fourth gym battle could very well happen in January.

And the reason why they're making the rest of legendaries appear in Gen VI is because Nintendo doesn't allow Pokebank Pokemon in official tournaments.
The same held true in this year's VGC but they simply restricted the usable Pokémon to those in the Kalos Pokédex. There is no reason why next year's VGC has to include all the Pokémon unless it's the last VGC for this generation. Besides, the version mascots legendaries shouldn't be usable anyway, and yet they're the ones already confirmed for ORAS.

The VGC rulesets correspond to Game Freak's plans for the games rather than the other way around.

So the Soaring feature is fully controllable. Wow. This is pretty incredible.

I don't care for the feature. They'd better still have the simple "press fly to go to X town" though. It'd be stupid to have to spend more time than necessary in the air.

If it's just a Lati thing, though, then I still don't care. It doesn't make up for no customisation and no XY patch.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom