• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Following Pokemon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Why wasn't this made yet? What Pokemon (other than the starter, since it will always be attached to your character) will you have following you? I'm not sure which one I'll do. Might do Arcanine once I get it.

Why wasn't this made yet? What Pokemon (other than the starter, since it will always be attached to your character) will you have following you? I'm not sure which one I'll do. Might do Arcanine once I get it.
This just made me think... Can you have something like Arcanine or Onix follow you? Or would you always be riding those when they're out? I guess they haven't really addressed that.

If I get the game (not likely), I would do it like HGSS when I played that. I didn't have just one that I always wanted with me. I rotated around my team.

Also, and this is probably the best thread for this, has everyone seen those clips of various Pokemon following? The internet is in shambles over Venusaur's legs. Poor Caterpie is so adorable it can't even keep up with the player :cry:

Bulbasaur. Not Venusaur tho. I don’t like it’s walking animation. Plus I’m still pissed I can’t ride on it.

If the Gastly line can't pass through walls while following the player then I'm gonna flip. Attention to detail, please!

How would they even do that when the player can't pass through walls? They'll follow the player's path.
They could still implement it by making it so the Ghost-type Pokémon are allowed to overlap with the same space as certain objects/NPCs. To put it simply, they wouldn't have to move around trainers and obstacles to follow the player: they could just phase through NPCs and objects.

That would be pretty pointless. It would be like "hey, look, I don't have to follow you!" rather than solving a puzzle.

There are many Pokemon I want to have travel with me in this game. One of the ones I am most excited is to ride on a Rapidash. I'll of course also have a Dragonite following me as well.

Why wasn't this made yet?

It was. Pokemon Yellow was the first to do it, to a limited degree. Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum had a special place for it, though options were limited. HeartGold and SoulSilver had it.

For some odd reason, GameFreak just doesn't seem to like it.

What Pokemon (other than the starter, since it will always be attached to your character) will you have following you? I'm not sure which one I'll do. Might do Arcanine once I get it.

Mismagius. It would also be fun if my character could pretend not to see her, just to mess with NPCs.

I believe that walking Pokemon was only brought back to emulate Pokemon Go's buddy system.
I think it's a sort of circular thing, you can't just say it's based off that. Because the GO buddy system is similar to the following Pokemon in HGSS, which is an expansion on Amity Square, which is in turn an expansion of Pikachu following you in Yellow. So in a way we've come full circle, having made it back to "the source."

Growlithe/Arcanine will probably be my top pick for who will follow me. If Umbreon was a Gen 1 Pokemon, that would be my ultimate pick (y)

For Let's Go Pikachu, I'm going to have Red's team, so I'll either fly on Charizard or have Blastoise follow me when I don't want to fly.

For Let's Go Eevee, I'm going to have a Magmar, one of my favorite Pokemon, follow me.

I wish/hope there is an option to ride or not ride on Pokemon that it automatically makes you ride on, cuz I don't ALWAYS want to fly on Charizard, and I'm sure he gets tired and just wants to take a break and go for a walk once in awhile.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom