• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Food Nostalgia

Ultra Pidgeot

good cyberdaddy
Reaction score
Exactly what it sounds like. Food that makes you nostalgia.

For me it's Tang. I went on a trip and dad brought some store brand. I drank it every morning out of those red plastic cups with brown sugar cinnamon Pop Tarts.

Macaroni and Cheese. It is amazing and reminds me of when I was a little kid.

For me, I get really nostalgic when I think of Fruit Gushers. I remember seeing a commercial for them and thinking they looked so awesome. My friend had some at his house, and we were devising a plan in which I could sneak out of my house and into his basement so we could eat the Fruit Gushers and play with his PlayStation, long after we were supposed to be in bed. Unfortunately we got caught and in a lot of trouble, but now every time I see Fruit Gushers I think of that day.

Another nostalgic thing for me is pancakes.

I remember our old house had a living room which segued into a kitchen and the kitchen had a partial bar and about ten feet from the end of this bar was a sliding glass door that lead to the backyard. Seems like every morning we'd wake up and dad'd have some hot fresh flapjacks on the griddle. We'd eat them, I'd pretend I was a T. rex, and once, Carson got syrup on her stomach (she was still a baby and ran around in just a diaper) and was so amused with sticking her stomach to the counter and watching it slowly pull away. She'd giggle and dad got video of it. God... I loved that house.

For me it has to be scones. When I was a kid, my parents didn't have much money and sometimes Mum would bake huge amounts of scones and we'd eat nothing but them for the entire day. We thought she was treating us, when really she was trying to keep us fed on store cupboard basics until they could afford to buy more food.
That just made them more special I think.

I remeber when Monster Munch used to do Beef Burger and Spaghetti flavours (the Spaghetti was my fave)

Chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese for me. Reminds me of lunches during the summer when there was no school and I could do whatever I wanted during the days.

- Jell-O makes me nostalgic. Especially the red and orange ones.
- Kinder Surprise. Oh man. I collected the toys. XD
- Swiss rolls! :D
- Loaf cake or whatever it's called.
- Oreo cookies.

Seems like I remember my fondest memories with sugary things. :p

Pizza Lunchables. I used to love having them as lunch when I was a kid, and now every time I hang with one particular friend we eat like. 5 of them. Each. And there are no regret because they're still somehow delicious.

Mac and Cheese from the blue box... So many childhood memories from eating that stuff.

Pop Tarts. Haven't had those in ages.

Also, there's this really tall Italian cake that my Nana and Grandpa used to always buy from an Italian store in town; I can't remember the name of it, but it has a lot of flour on the outside. It's delicious, but definitely one to have with a drink ready.

Also, Caterpillar cake. It's a tradition in my household that on their birthday, everyone has to have a caterpillar cake; no exceptions.

My grandmother's chocolate squares. I used to eat them for dessert almost every time she would babysit me. She would make them right after she would cook the haggis, but unfortunately she took the haggis recipe to her grave.

Pizza Happy Meals at McDs. I can't remember when they had them, but it was before I hit the double digits. Looking back they weren't anything too special in and of themselves, but at the time I thought it was neat you could get pizza at a place that primarily sold burgers and fries, along with mostly going to McDs with my grandparents and playing in the playroom.

Frosted Cheerios reminds me of the three or four day long vacation my family took to the Dells, also before I hit the double digits. Had them everyday for breakfast. Believe they came in an Olympic-themed box.

More recently, Goya Shredded Beef with Rice. For whatever reason the grocery stores in my area stopped selling these and now the only way I would be able to get them would be to order them online. Wtf guys? That was one of my favorite frozen meals evar. ;-;

Last edited:
A proper fish and chips, ya know from chippies.

Yorkshire pudding

I love my mothers apple crumble that her recipe is now mine xD

(Also.....the cold donner in the microwave thats from last night after partying xDDD)

Drinking slushies always reminds me of summer vacation at the beach back when I was little. It was my favorite drink during the summer.

Mine has to be syrup. Though it is not a real food it is kind of like food. Anyway, mine was syrup because I remember when my sister was little, she poured syrup all over herself. She was like 2 or 3 and I still remember it. It was kind of weird but funny at the same time.

Oh man Tang was definitely a big one for me. It reminded me of my Grandparents house where every morning my Grandma would be making a pitcher full of tang. Other ones are pop-tarts, toaster strudels, chicken nuggets.

Back
Top Bottom