• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Foreign voice actors

electAbuzzzz

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post in the forums so some may not know me, but I'm a longtime contributor to Bulbapedia.

Anyway, I'll get to the subject: we have articles for many Brazilian, Italian, Portugese and Spanish voice actors. We didn't use to. I don't remember ever seeing a discussion on the topic, so I'm bringing it up: are we to do individual pages for each foreign voice actor in every language Pokémon is dubbed to? Or has it already gone to far? Isn't the list of international voice actors enough?

~electAbuzzzz

Last edited:
There has been some minor discussion about this topic in the past, but it never really went anywhere. Obviously, as this is an English wiki, we would prefer to have everything in English, and obviously mention the original Japanese. Now, I have no problem with mentioning who plays who in different languages, but some of this is getting out of hand. Initially, it was just Japanese, English and Brazilian voice actors. I'm not sure when the other countries started getting their VAs listed. Heck, we even have two articles about Italian singers who sang the Italian dub's theme songs. And there are English and Japanese VA articles that have little more than who the person is and the roles they play (ie, Joanna Burns).

I don't want to delete the articles, because some of them actually have a ton of content on them. But I agree that we have to decide when enough is enough.

Yet on the other hand, we can't accept some countries but deny others. I think it should be an "all-or-nothing": either we keep everything and allow for Korean, Russian, French, Israeli, Dutch, etc. users to add their countries' VAs, or we delete them all.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom