• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forgotten characters in the Pokémon anime?

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's happening with you, guys? I'm just wanting to know which of the main, major, recurring and supporting characters, including humans, Pokémon and various other worldly beings, you think have been or will be forgotten in the Pokémon main anime? Why? Please let me know, thanks. ;)

In a nutshell, pretty much everyone.

Tracey is the worst case though, because he should be with Oak and we still get a glimpse of Oak here and there.
I mean if we can get Matori cameos whenever Giovanni is contacted I don't see why Tracey can't whenever Oak is contacted.

I wish some of the Pokémon from other regions can be more involved. Like I understand that they are more focused on the series of their home region, but it would not hurt for them to make cameos to check up on Ash/call the current region professors to discuss something/appear in the background of an episode I do not know. Professor Oak is probably the one that does this the most, since he makes several appearances in SM and in Journeys (although Kanto is his region after all, but Cerise is the one in the spotlight right now.) This also works well with the previous comment of:

I don't see why Tracey can't whenever Oak is contacted.

So many characters can use this window of opportunity to appear as well! Like Dawn when Rowan is calling, or Bianca when Juniper is making an appearance! Really would add to the whole feeling that Ash didn't just leave them for good lol

I don't think any of the main, major, recurring and supporting characters are forgotten, the producers just have no intention to bring them back (for many reasons).

To be honest, while temporary return of one of the companions/classmates would be nice, I'd rather see one of the supporting characters or (better yet) one of the more iconic CotD to make a cameo.

None have been forgotten. It just comes down to whether the writers want to highlight that portion of Ash's history.

Like Dawn when Rowan is calling, or Bianca when Juniper is making an appearance! Really would add to the whole feeling that Ash didn't just leave them for good lol
Why would those professors call anyone? They're less relevant than Ash's companions.

Judging from the new series so far, a past character needs to promote a popular Pokemon (Korrina and Lucario) or make a new character look superior (Lance vs. Leon) in order to appear again. Hopefully there are some exceptions later down the road.

In addition to producer's decisions, it's also dependent if the Voice Actors would be available to return for those characters. Though there are few exceptions, such as Steven Stone.

Including all of those remaining @ Professor Oak's Laboratory, @ Professors Kukui and Burnet's home, and in training by others, and besides all of those traded and given away, do you think that there are any of Ash Ketchum's released and reserved Pokémon that will be forgotten by everybody in the anime?
Well, they are technically forgotten until they need them for whatever reason.

Tracey is the one I find odd since we still see Oak at times but Tracey seemingly vanished.

Forgotten or dead?...
I'm not saying that the league kickers, once Ash is gone, take a few steps off camera and then spontaneously shut down, their sole mission in life accomplished leaving them no longer needed, their soulless, robotic eyes gazing up at the sky forever after...

...but I'm not saying it isn't true.

Why would those professors call anyone? They're less relevant than Ash's companions.

Judging from the new series so far, a past character needs to promote a popular Pokemon (Korrina and Lucario) or make a new character look superior (Lance vs. Leon) in order to appear again. Hopefully there are some exceptions later down the road.

Well... i don't think that is true, since Dawn and Brock were suspiciously absent from the Piplup and Croagunk episode, despite them being popular (Brock is arguably the second most popular male behind Ash - i say arguably because of James) and having those Pokemon.

Really the reason why Kenji, Yamato, and Kosaburou haven't appeared in a decade because their voice actors are probably too expensive to get back for future appearances, unless they want them to have a larger, multi-episode that warrants the expense.

This series only has five main permanent characters; Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James, and Meowth. Everyone else is disposable, although getting rid of Oak and Ash's mother would be damaging.

This series only has five main permanent characters; Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James, and Meowth. Everyone else is disposable, although getting rid of Oak and Ash's mother would be damaging.
I know I'm almost a year late, but there's also Wobbuffet.

Cassidy and *Biff* are already gone for a while. :( Replaced by Matori and her team. Even the Alolan Meowth seems to be gone again. (On paper a succesful task of TRio, who got the organisation a pokémon.)

And Ash's Kingler. (I cross my fingers for friday.)

Last edited:

To be honest, Jessie, James and Meowth are more recurring characters instead of main characters the last couple of years. Still a bigger part than Oak and Delia of course, but still...

And they already were considered to dissapear after Jotho I read in the past.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom