• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forme changes through items?

Reaction score
You see, whenever a Pokemon is introduced that uses an overworld item, or an inventory item to change it's forme, that item always HAS to be in the next games.

Examples-

Deoxys Meteorites - They have been in every game since Gen III, as to not **** up a trainer who just got a Deoxys.
Creation Trio orbs - Dialga, Palkia and Giratina's orbs have been given in strange plot situations or just sitting in the middle of nowhere the games that followed one way or another.
Shaymin's Gracidea.
Magma stone for Heatran.
Lunar Wing for Cresselia.
Rotom's orange hoard of electrical appliances.
Relic Song (Move) for Meoletta.

I'm probably missing more.

And there's no reason to think that the DNA splicers and Reveal Gas will be featured in X & Y for Black/White Kyurem and the Kami Trio respectively. And probably Mewtwo will also switch forms with some things like these.

My question being, should these items/things be used as methods of changing forms/better stats for future Pokemon?

We get ALL of these things one way or another anyway, in every game. And the list is getting bigger and bigger.

What would you use in lieu of items or locations?

I believe what he meant was: Should new items be introduced to affect upcoming Pokemon, or should they use the same ones for new Pokemon? (Please correct me if I'm wrong, Shadow Raikou.)

I think that these items will have to remain specific for the One Pokemon it was made for, especially in the case of forme changing. Usually most forme changes are introduced in the sequels (Platinum and BW2). Examples include Deoxys, Giratina, Rotom, Shaymin, Kyurem, the Kami trio, and Keldeo. Therefore, the items have to be available in the sequel and not in the original.

@epicparker Yes, that's kind of what I meant.

But I think they should allow for more, well, other methods of changing forms. Like weather based form changes, or maybe a whole new way of triggering form changes.

@epicparker Yes, that's kind of what I meant.

But I think they should allow for more, well, other methods of changing forms. Like weather based form changes, or maybe a whole new way of triggering form changes.

Yes, I agree. Castform's weather based formes are cool and I think there should be more Pokemon with unique form changes. What I said above was only regarding forme changes thru items.

Gamefreak may have introduced the Reveal Glass just for this purpose.

"A glass that tells the truth. It is a mysterious glass that returns a Pokémon back to its original shape."

Since it doesn't specify any specific species or set and it just says Pokémon in general it is conceivable that this item could possibly be used to initiate the forme changes of future Pokémon.

You have missed Arceus's forme changes to each type of Pokémon by holding plates which can be found in the Abyssal Ruin in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. I think there should be a new Fairy type plate in Generation VI for Arceus to change into a Fairy type Pokémon. I'm guessing that it will be called the Pixie Plate. I've also made my own image of Arceus's Fairy type forme in GIMP as shown below. This image is also viewable in the Bulbagarden Digital Artwork gallery. Please note that this is not official artwork.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom