• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Former anime writer hospitalized: Takeshi Shudō to have surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Confirmed by the producer of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

RIP...

Former anime writer passes away: Takeshi Shudō passed away at the age of 61

Former anime writer passes away: Takeshi Shudō passed away at the age of 61

Takeshi Shudō, former head writer of the Pokémon anime, has passed away after being rushed to hospital after he collapsed at a railway station in Japan.

Read more on Bulbanews

RIP. We will always remember you for your work in the pokémon anime. You started it all. Have a good afterlife.

My respects...

Re: Former anime writer passes away: Takeshi Shudō passed away at the age of 61

How sad...that just sucks...as a little kid, I always loved the pokemon anime. And to find out one of the head writers passed away...RIP Takeshi Shudō

RIP Takeshi Shudo, thanks for creating one of my favorite Gen II Pokémon, and writing some of my favorite episodes of the original anime like EP017, EP020, EP070, and EP134.

That's unfortunate; he brought something positive to millions, and tried to teach children how to be a good person through his works.

A true bro. If I were a religious man I'd assume he's up there with Arceus. :)

Rest in peace, Takeshi Shudou. I definitely would NOT be the man I am today without your influence in my youth. I wouldn't have gotten interested in biology and animal rights as a kid, and I wouldn't be in medicine right now. I don't know where I would be if I didn't start watching the show.

Rest in peace.

Awful. That's just awful. We lost him... RIP.

Quite a shame that such a big part of the Pokemon franchise has died. Let's hope the anime doesn't suffer too badly from the loss.

Farewell sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

'sigh' thats just...
very sad

At least he wasn't writing on the show anymore. If he was, I'd have an even harder time accepting this.

This is just too sad. </3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom