• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

NEWS: Former VA Kawakami Tomoko passes away

J J M

never ever giving up
Reaction score
Tomoko Kawakami, who used to work for the anime until she was admitted for a unknown illness, died the day before. She voiced many characters like Misty's sister Violet, the DP PokéDex, Marian, Misty's rival in the Whirl Cup etc before she was replaced by Satsuki Yukino in 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Oh dear. It's always tragic when someone dies. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Sweet Veil

Bright Days
Reaction score
R.I.P Ms.Kawakami

It's always sad to hear these kind of things happen.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
I knew something was up when she never returned to the show. That's a shame. RIP

Sheep

cute patootie
Reaction score
I had a feeling something wasn't quite right when she didn't return to the show for such a long time. RIP. :/

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
She was so young. Also, she voiced my favourite Bleach character (Soifon). My thoughts are with her friends and family.

Insanish Danish

grass princess
Reaction score
Aww, that's so sad. :[ She voiced some pretty good characters, too. May she rest in peace.

Ampharos King

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
Time cannot heal all wounds, so the best that I can do is to give my condolences to the deceased's family and friends.

Flynn

Reaction score
Very sad. I wondered why she never returned, as well.

I really enjoyed her performance as Momoan. RIP.

jda95

remember me
Reaction score
That's so sad.... I will always remember her for her amazing work as Misuzu in Air, which is one of my favorite anime ever....

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
I never really watched the Japanese episodes when she voiced the Pokedex as well as people and Pokemon, so I never got to hear her. But a death is still a terrible thing to have happen, so R.I.P and my condolences go out to her and everyone to her family and everyone that loved and cared for her.

JennaJayfeather

It's Fishing Time~
Reaction score
:( R.I.P. Kawakami Tomoko. It's unfortunate when something like this happens :-( my heart goes out to her friends and family.

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
R.I.P Kawakami Tomoko. My heart goes out to you and to all of your loved ones.

TFSpock

It's all ogre now.
Reaction score
Rest in Peace, Ms. Tomoko. My thoughts and condolences lie with you and your family. Best wishes to all of you.