• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forum Software Upgrade Next Weekend

Out of curiosity, is there anyone that actually wants a round avatar?

Just that, IMO, it should default to square avatars... and if you want it changed to round, then nag an admin until Dylan's addon goes live and the addon can handle that.
That's not our choice, it's the software default. We have to manually add each person to the list for square avatars until we finish the add on that let's y'all choose yourselves.

That's not our choice, it's the software default. We have to manually add each person to the list for square avatars until we finish the add on that let's y'all choose yourselves.

Why did they choose that default? Nearly every other website on the planet sticks with the squares.

I'd like to keep my square avatar too if possible. Thanks in advance~

Enzap wasn't entirely informed, it's actually a very simple switch to change it.

So since so many people are requesting square avatars we'll be putting the default on square. See you guys tomorrow :)

I want you guys to announce that it's cancelled, hasn't happened yet.

(@TapLover - still the 23rd for me - Pacific Time Zone, for almost 10 more hours)

Will miss the blogs
@AussieEevee - circle avatars look strange and cut off part of the art, just like it does in Discord

January 23 gone and passed (according to Google)...
The process is currently ongoing. It's not as simple a matter as flipping a switch and the software is different. Please be patient, it is coming.

The process is currently ongoing. It's not as simple a matter as flipping a switch and the software is different. Please be patient, it is coming.

You have to flip two switches and jiggle some wires? :p

There is a good chance the forums won't even go down today during the update today due to the process being fairly long. If it ain't done by tonight with its current phase we'll continue updating tomorrow .

I also already posted yesterday it may take 2 days. The update ain't canceled it just takes a while.

Well, the delay totally didn't give my procrastinating butt the necessary time to move things from one blog post into a Google Doc. Nope. No, sir. :p

Just to quickly follow up on some things from earlier in the thread....

Styles that didn't make the cut aren't gone forever. They will be back, just not straight away. It's a lot easier for us to create skins on Xenforo 2 than it was on Xenforo 1 or vBulletin 4, and we've got a lot of old styles that we're hoping to bring back, including some you haven't seen since early 2011! More details to come in future weeks.

Back
Top Bottom