• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
We had actually decided not to add a sad / angry (or similar) emote due to the fact that it can be used to negatively react to posts. So I'm afraid we'll have to pass on this idea :\
Wait, this voltorb isn't supposed to be an angry emote? :annoyedVoltorb:

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Wait, this voltorb isn't supposed to be an angry emote? :annoyedVoltorb:
We're fine with emotes as it's more clear cut as to what someone is doing (and it's actually something a user could report).
Which is unlike a reaction, which you often miss unless you're the recipient.

Reaction score
On the subject of adding emotes, could we maybe get a laughing reaction? Or was that skipped for similar reasons?

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
I've seen sites have to remote laughing reactions because users abused them to troll people they disagreed with.

Champion
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to ask you guys if its possible that you restore the configuration of the video game forums from 2015, when I registered here. Back then, the main VG Forum was called "Current Pokémon Videogames" and there was a sub-forum dedicated to all the previous generations from Gen I to Gen V.

I think people like me that care about the older games more than for the newer ones, would really appreciate if there was a separate sub-forum for discussion the games we most care about.

Last edited:
AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
It was consolidated a long time ago because they weren't seeing very many posts apparently. I'm sure there's a thread on it somewhere...

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
I'm not too confident about my suggestion, but I'd personally like it if the online symbol (the green circle) didn't overlap with the user avatar and could be moved elsewhere, like beside the username or in a corner. I find the overlapping annoying and it gets in the way of my round avatar aesthetic.

Reaction score
I'd like to leave the suggestion to be possible to have the user's country flag as a display option in our information when we post (I don't know the name of the left <- box) in order to be able to find countrymen.

Informed Casual
Reaction score
Would you consider adding some sort of “haha” emote under the options for the “like” button? Sometimes I just want to acknowledge that a post made me laugh/smile and the closest I can find is “Whaaaat?” which may be misinterpreted.

I looked up “laughing Pokémon” on google images and got Haunter, Gengar, Mew and even Sabrina. My initial thought was the laughing animation for Tom Nook from Animal Crossing but I assume it would have to be Pokémon related.

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Would you consider adding some sort of “haha” emote under the options for the “like” button? Sometimes I just want to acknowledge that a post made me laugh/smile and the closest I can find is “Whaaaat?” which may be misinterpreted.

I looked up “laughing Pokémon” on google images and got Haunter, Gengar, Mew and even Sabrina. My initial thought was the laughing animation for Tom Nook from Animal Crossing but I assume it would have to be Pokémon related.
The reason we don't have a laughing like emoji for reactions is because it could be used negatively. Say someone posts "I dropped my phone and the screen broke" and a lot of people react to it with :LOL: it wouldn't really work in their favour.

Although I'd love to have a

the power of fluffy boys shines within you
Reaction score
give me that latias emote and give it to me now that is so cute

Informed Casual
Reaction score
The reason we don't have a laughing like emoji for reactions is because it could be used negatively. Say someone posts "I dropped my phone and the screen broke" and a lot of people react to it with :LOL: it wouldn't really work in their favour.

Although I'd love to have a
That is more than fair and I did think about something like that happening afterwards. Guess I’ll just have to use words....lame...

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
This is kind of nitpicky, but is it possible to make the green Pokeball by our usernames not green? Such as the colors of a regular Pokeball or colors/styles that match the current theme in use? While it's not the end of the world, the green does look rather unsightly on several themes, including Bulbagarden default. It also sort of breaks the "immersion" of the theme as well, having this weirdly colored dot that doesn't fit with it at all. Thank you.