• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
My last suggestion is why not disable post count for Forum games section? Because that is the most casual forum where people can chill out.
Post count used to be disabled for that section. I don't remember why it was changed, but to be honest, I prefer it this way. I feel that even relaxed "chill out" posts should count towards the post count.

A fierier, spikier Drednaw
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right place for this, but I think it'd be nice to have a general "favorite Pokemon" option that we can select in our profile details.

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right place for this, but I think it'd be nice to have a general "favorite Pokemon" option that we can select in our profile details.
hello, spinyshell! o/

so, to give you an update on this: initially, when i came across the idea last night, i was like "huh, can't be that hard". little did naive me think, i would eat my words mere moments later when going through the actual backend of the forums to add the option. i found out that, much to my chagrin, that i would have to instead fill out every pokemon's name individually... close to 900 times (we're at 890 pokemon, right?). i severely underestimated what i had gotten myself into.

so far, i managed to add up to everyone in the hoenn region, but i'm taking this break to figure out whether it's worth doing the other idk 500+ or nuke the whole thing LOL

Update 2: got done with the sinnoh region, only to find out that the forums will not let me add past a certain number (i'm guessing past like 400 different options), so yeah... sorry u__u
Update 3: i made it a field to fill out, instead. that's way easier.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hello, spinyshell! o/

so, to give you an update on this: initially, when i came across the idea last night, i was like "huh, can't be that hard". little did naive me think, i would eat my words mere moments later when going through the actual backend of the forums to add the option. i found out that, much to my chagrin, that i would have to instead fill out every pokemon's name individually... close to 900 times (we're at 890 pokemon, right?). i severely underestimated what i had gotten myself into.

so far, i managed to add up to everyone in the hoenn region, but i'm taking this break to figure out whether it's worth doing the other idk 500+ or nuke the whole thing LOL

Update 2: got done with the sinnoh region, only to find out that the forums will not let me add past a certain number (i'm guessing past like 400 different options), so yeah... sorry u__u
Update 3: i made it a field to fill out, instead. that's way easier.
Thats awesome. Thanks so much for looking into my suggestion and implementing it.
1589384116892.png

Reaction score
You know how on our account details there is an option to put friend codes for the Switch, 2DS/3DS, and GO? I was wondering if there could be an option there for Pokemon HOME friend codes as well. Thanks.

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
You know how on our account details there is an option to put friend codes for the Switch, 2DS/3DS, and GO? I was wondering if there could be an option there for Pokemon HOME friend codes as well. Thanks.
this is done~