• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

Curious, was something just changed on the forums in the last couple hours? I suddenly lost nearly all of my saved-up unread notifications. For what they're worth anyway
Not in the last 24 hours. We did make some updates to parts of the back-end earlier in the week (and more will be coming in the next couple of weeks).

Not in the last 24 hours. We did make some updates to parts of the back-end earlier in the week (and more will be coming in the next couple of weeks).
Weird. That said I think it's something changed in Xenforo itself related to whatever was updated earlier in the week, as I lost two more overnight without actually doing anything. It must now be auto-dismissing old notifications or something. Shrug, though. Like I said, not a huge deal, just a curiosity.

Hello! I had just logged on and noticed that the Fizzy Bubbles (or whatever) section is gone. Could someone explain why this is? Did I miss something?
Fizzy Bubbles has been archived for over a month now.

As for why it’s archived, there was an incident between members over on the Fizzy Bubbles Discord that apparently spilt over into the Bulbagarden side of things. Or, at least that’s what I’ve been told.

Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles has been archived for over a month now.

As for why it’s archived, there was an incident between members over on the Fizzy Bubbles Discord that apparently spilt over into the Bulbagarden side of things. Or, at least that’s what I’ve been told.
I see. I never realized that it was even gone until now.

Weird. That said I think it's something changed in Xenforo itself related to whatever was updated earlier in the week, as I lost two more overnight without actually doing anything. It must now be auto-dismissing old notifications or something. Shrug, though. Like I said, not a huge deal, just a curiosity.
It was always meant to, though there's a fairly long leeway for it. How many days did you expect them to remain in there?

It was always meant to, though there's a fairly long leeway for it. How many days did you expect them to remain in there?
Forever. :p They never went away before, and suddenly they all did at once. It's what made me wonder. Still, like I said, not a huge deal to me. Good to know it's by design now.

But what is a bit of one: did the stylesheets change again with the update? I noticed all avatars are now the same size, being stretched, zoomed, and cut off to fit. I remember this being a problem in a previous update too, that said.

Yeah, there's always some weirdness with the skins after an update. I prioritized getting them working rather than getting them pretty, so that the forum wouldn't be locked for longer than necessary. I'm going to be systematically going through all of them over the next couple of days.

Am I missing something or was the "search" feature for the forums removed? There's a search for bulbapedia I see, but nothing for the forums.....the search feature had always been around before.

I have a small suggestion concerning the post reactions: would it be at all possible to implement something like a "Care" reaction in the future?

I'm aware it would have a lot of overlap with the already existing "Love" reaction, but I feel like sometimes "Love" isn't really the response I want to give to a serious or negative post. From what I've seen, it's mostly used for really liking something. So in places like the Support and Advice board, or on profile posts, I think a reaction like "Care" or something similar (maybe "Here For You"?) would be much better than "Love" for showing your support for someone in sincerity.

Of course this isn't vital or anything, just an idea I've had for a while. :)

Hi, this is a problem I have since the forum was closed for a few hours for maintenance, some days ago. I can see the forum on my tablet but it doesn't allow me to comment or give reactions. In fact, for months I haven't been able to use the options to modify text on my tablet, such as emojis and spoilers for example, but I never mentioned that cause it didn't seem so bad at the time. Now I can only use the forum on my laptop, maybe these problems are my tablet's fault since it's old, but I hadn't had any problems with it until the updates started.

Another minor issue is that you can no longer see the upload percentage when uploading an image.

I'll take a look at your issues, see if I can replicate them at my end. Can I just check what OS and browser you're using on the tablet?

Another minor issue is that you can no longer see the upload percentage when uploading an image.
Just to clarify, is this only happening for you on mobile? I've been seeing upload percentage just fine on desktop.

I'll take a look at your issues, see if I can replicate them at my end. Can I just check what OS and browser you're using on the tablet?

Just to clarify, is this only happening for you on mobile? I've been seeing upload percentage just fine on desktop.
Basic Google and GNU/Linux, maybe it has become obsolete.

And about the upload percentage, it's on my laptop.

By Google, I assume you mean Google Chrome?
I'm not aware of any pure Linux tablets. Do you mean an Android tablet?

What OS and browser for that?
Yes, it's Google Chrome, and it's an Android 4.4.2

And for the laptop, Google Chrome and Windows 7. Sorry I have to go, but I'll see your answer tomorrow, thanks.

Yes, it's Google Chrome, and it's an Android 4.4.2
4.4.2? Ouch, that is quite out of date. It's very likely then that you're on a much older version of Google Chrome as well.
I'd probably suggest you first see if there's any other browsers you could perhaps switch to, as 3rd party browsers still compatible with older versions of Android are likely much more up to date than old versions of Chrome. Firefox and Vivaldi both have good Android experiences.

And for the laptop, Google Chrome and Windows 7. Sorry I have to go, but I'll see your answer tomorrow, thanks.
Windows 7 went end of life in January last year, so it's not officially supported by a lot of things anymore. I suspect the issues there are similar to your Android tablet. Software makers are no longer working to maintain compatibility with it, so more things are going to break over time. Again here I'd suggest going for a 3rd party browser, as Chrome isn't getting updates to maintain Windows 7 compatibility. Firefox and Vivaldi are good choices on desktop as well.

So, how do I delete a thread I have accidentally created in the "sticky" part? I tried looking for a delete button, but I couldn't find one.

EDIT: Never mind, it's fixed.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom