• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

I checked my Postings tab and noticed a lot of my posts aren't showing up. Is this happening to other people? I looked at the tab on a few other random users' profiles and their posts seemed to be showing up fine.
It looks like for me anything greater than a year old shows up, but nothing within the last year is there

EDIT: Actually looking at more of these with other people, I don't think the issue has anything to do with a year, its just coincidence. It looks to me like its cutting off what would amount to the first group of them we would have seen before (if I recall correctly its like 10 pages you saw before, then you had to click "see older posts" or something like that). I have just randomly looked at like 10 people or so, and it looks like this is a universal problem. I wonder if it has to do with the search function not working, since looking at someone's posts is essentially a "search" function.

Anything after the update is showing up, then everyone has a gap, the period of time varies due to activity, but I would assume its the exact same amount of posts (my guess is 200) that are missing, then all the old ones show up - then again maybe not, I've seen some now that don't fit this theory, but either way there are gaps in every one I have looked at. I do hope this is something that can be solved, because it is quite nice to be able to look at old posts in one place.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually I think it just seems to date back to March of 2018, with just a few people that are outliers for some reason. So basically there is a gap from early March 2018 until the update. For some reason a few people have some posts showing up in December, but otherwise nothing. I've looked at like 20 now, not saying that is enough to be sure everyone has this problem, but hopefully the research can at least help out to determine what the problem is.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong thread to inform about this, but I think there might be an issue with logging in or something. There's been a whopping 151-161 guests compared to around 30 actual members from what I've seen in the home page and a fellow user I've been chatting with on discord has said that they keep getting "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." as they are attempting to log in

Any plans to re-add the search function?

Yes, the search function will be added soon enough. It has been temporarily disabled due to some technical difficulties.

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong thread to inform about this, but I think there might be an issue with logging in or something. There's been a whopping 151-161 guests compared to around 30 actual members from what I've seen in the home page and a fellow user I've been chatting with on discord has said that they keep getting "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." as they are attempting to log in

If your friend had been trying to login through a social media plugin (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), ask them to try again. All social media logins should be working properly now.

Short night sleep, and a ton of questions. Here we go!
Is there or could there be a way to disable Markdown? That system drives me insane enough on Discord as it is.
If I recall correctly, there's a BBCode for interpreting text literally, that way you can type bbcode as text instead of it turning into bbcode.
I... don't remember this from the top of my head though. So if someone knows the answer to this / has the time to google it, feel free to tell us. Otherwise I'm afraid we can't.

Is there a way to separate desktop and mobile versions? i hate mobile sites but I can’t switch to desktop mode for some reason
Nowadays browsers have a built in "Request Desktop Site" feature which you can use.

Apple Users:
Now, I personally don't own an iDevice so someone please check if this works for me so I can add it to the OP. But I found this online, and it should do the trick:

Android Users:
At the top right corner of your android browser you should find 3 dots (or similar) looking menu

When you tap that all you have to do is hit the "Desktop Site" Button.

I personally preferred the Unwatched Watched Threads list to the Watched Threads list.
This may have been an old add-on. But I do agree that this is an important feature. I will add it to the list to investigate.
animated sprite avatars seem to be broken here. :c

....and pixel art avatars in general.
I'll add this to the list to investigate.

Why is my gravatar tiny? I mean, compare the one in this post compared to the one right above this post.

Also, I'm not a fan of the sigs being just once per thread page... It looks a bit weird to see a post without a sig.

One last final note, but the forum felt a little claustrophobic to me... I actually had to use Chrome's zoom feature to zoom out to 75% to make it feel comfortable.

EDIT: This post doesn't even have my sig... What happened?

EDIT2: My avatar keeps changing size, completely at random.
I have noticed the avatars going wonky from time to time. I'll be taking a look at this once all immediate issues have been resolved.

I noticed that in each forum, you can't see who moderates that particular forums. Why is that?
This used to be an add-on. I'll add to the list to search for a replacement.

Did the Threadmarks feature get removed with the migration? Because I'm not seeing any threadmarks anymore... and they were particularly useful in the Creative Corner section of the forums to jump to specific posts. I'm guessing they can't be implemented and, even if they could, we'd have to go back and re-create the threadmarks we had. Any way I could get a confirmation about that?
Oh! It seems we totally forgot about threadmarks during our test installation. We're looking into this right away.

Oh! It seems we totally forgot about threadmarks during our test installation. We're looking into this right away.
We'll be installing the Threadmark add-on soon.

This used to be an add-on. I'll add to the list to search for a replacement.
We've found an updated version for this. We'll be looking to add it soon.

Last edited:
I have noticed the avatars going wonky from time to time. I'll be taking a look at this once all immediate issues have been resolved.
I have located the issue and will have it fixed in no-time. But it's first time for breakfast now :ROFLMAO:

Is there a way to make it so that avatars don't randomly get expanded to a bigger size on threads? Can their sizes be reverted back to normal?
The bigger version is what is currently our default. If you'd prefer a smaller size please post about it over in the style thread, if enough people suggest it we'll hold a poll to decide if we want to change it or not.

Welp, I’m here.

Had some problems trying to log in via Twitter to the point where I even had to send an e-mail asking why but glad to see it’s working now.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom