• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

Reaction score
Hey there everyone!

With the new update out I'm sure many of you might have questions or suggestions regarding some of the changes in the update.
If you find yourself missing a feature, unable to find something or just have a suggestion for what to add in the future to the forums? feel free to post about it here!

We'll keep the OP up-to-date with a FAQ & Suggestions we're considering.

For appearance related questions: Please visit the Style Thread.

FAQ:
Q: How do I use the desktop version of the site on my Android / Apple / smartphone?
A: Nowadays browsers have a built in "Request Desktop Site" feature which you can use.

Apple Users:
Now, I personally don't own an iDevice so someone please check if this works for me so I can add it to the OP. But I found this online, and it should do the trick:

Android Users:
At the top right corner of your android browser you should find 3 dots (or similar) looking menu
View attachment 115277

When you tap that all you have to do is hit the "Desktop Site" Button.
View attachment 115278

Currently Investigating:
- Sprites for all Pokémon

TO-DO List:
-

Suggestions:
Could you add a down arrow that lets you skip to the bottom of the page? There’s only an up arrow.
To be investigated

Is there or could there be a way to disable Markdown? That system drives me insane enough on Discord as it is.
To be investigated

I personally preferred the Unwatched Watched Threads list to the Watched Threads list.

You mean Unread Watched threads? And I definitely agree with you there - it's hindering with my navigation between threads.
To be investigated

AussieEevee said:
@SoaringDylan Asking here rather than in the suggestions thread, but with the little tags on the top right of a post... Lone_Garurumon has one that says staff, and I assume all Staff members have that... would it be possible for Mafia threads to have Host, Co-Host and MoD tags?
To be investigated

Last edited by a moderator:
So, it looks like when I open up my alert box with unread alerts, the unread ones no longer appear at the top and I have to scroll to find them normally.
Hmm? Can you sent me a screenshot of this. For me this works perfectly fine.

Also, I wonder if it’s possible to make it so opening the alert box doesn’t instantly change all of the alerts’ status to read/seen/whatever.
For the record, this is how it's always been. But I'll have a look to see if that's an option or would be something that'd have to be created.

Why is my gravatar tiny? I mean, compare the one in this post compared to the one right above this post.

Also, I'm not a fan of the sigs being just once per thread page... It looks a bit weird to see a post without a sig.

One last final note, but the forum felt a little claustrophobic to me... I actually had to use Chrome's zoom feature to zoom out to 75% to make it feel comfortable.

EDIT: This post doesn't even have my sig... What happened?

EDIT2: My avatar keeps changing size, completely at random.

Attachments

• 2019-01-25 02_41_24-(2) The Situation Room 3.0 _ Page 155 _ Bulbagarden Forums.png
    2019-01-25 02_41_24-(2) The Situation Room 3.0 _ Page 155 _ Bulbagarden Forums.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2019-01-25 02_41_35-(2) The Situation Room 3.0 _ Page 155 _ Bulbagarden Forums.png
    2019-01-25 02_41_35-(2) The Situation Room 3.0 _ Page 155 _ Bulbagarden Forums.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
Is there a way to separate desktop and mobile versions? i hate mobile sites but I can’t switch to desktop mode for some reason
I had the same problem. The old desktop button seems to be gone with the update but there's another way: next to your adress bar and refresh button on your mobile browser there are three vertical dots. If you tap on that, there's a list and one of the options should allow you to access the desktop version. Hope that works, it did for me.

Thanks to @Lillie for suggesting this solution :)

Did the Threadmarks feature get removed with the migration? Because I'm not seeing any threadmarks anymore... and they were particularly useful in the Creative Corner section of the forums to jump to specific posts. I'm guessing they can't be implemented and, even if they could, we'd have to go back and re-create the threadmarks we had. Any way I could get a confirmation about that?

I had the same problem. The old desktop button seems to be gone with the update but there's another way: next to your adress bar and refresh button on your mobile browser there are three vertical dots. If you tap on that, there's a list and one of the options should allow you to access the desktop version. Hope that works, it did for me.
Yeah, sadly that doesn't seem to be working. Could be apple, could be firefox.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom