• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

Do you know when unread alerts will be given priority in the notification box again? And maybe not lose unread status by opening the box, if at all possible?
I'm sorry I can't give an ETA on this, I hope to have this and the other "long-term" issues fixed over the course of this month & the next.

I've tried the Request Desktop Site option, but my iPhone still pulls up the mobile site. It wouldn't be a problem, but I've frequently had cases where certain buttons (Like, Quote, Edit, etc) would stop working altogether for me. (I thought it was just my phone, but moving it around the screen to a place I know is receptive or zooming in hasn't done anything) Any possible solution for either problem?

I've tried the Request Desktop Site option, but my iPhone still pulls up the mobile site. It wouldn't be a problem, but I've frequently had cases where certain buttons (Like, Quote, Edit, etc) would stop working altogether for me. (I thought it was just my phone, but moving it around the screen to a place I know is receptive or zooming in hasn't done anything) Any possible solution for either problem?
I'm sorry but this sounds like an issue with your particular phone. I don't have an iPhone my self so can't try it out either =/

Truth to be told, the Request Desktop Site button doesn’t work with me either, not even after changing browser, and it does the same with other XenForo-based sites. So, I feel like that could be an issue with XenForo itself.

Best suggestion I can give for the time being is rotating the phone for when you need a larger screen. Quite uncomfortable maybe, but it’s the closest thing I could find.

Hello... I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask has anything to do with the forum change, but I'll ask here anyway, just in case. Basically, I have two issues that I'd like to discuss here:
  1. Regarding blogs, and threads in general as well... how do we delete them? I'm not sure if there was a function to remove regular threads in the previous forums, but I do vaguely remember one being there for blogs (I could be wrong, though). I'm personally more concerned with the latter, though, because a few days ago I had accidentally posted a blog I was working on before it was finished, and I had no way of quickly getting rid of it without resorting to a rather messy and inelegant solution (basically clearing out all of the text and then saving it). If there's a solution that I'm unaware of that would prevent me from having to do something like that again, that would be great... otherwise, what should we do in a situation like the one I just described?
  2. There seems to be something weird going on with the forum's handling of images, particularly attached images (vs. hotlinked ones). In this blog of mine, for instance, I have several 640x344 JPEG images that I added to the page as attachments. I did expect that they wouldn't look too large on all displays, since most of them are usually 1280 pixels wide or greater, or at least double the width of said JPEG images. That said, the problem is that the images appear absolutely tiny — far smaller than even a 640x344 image should be — to the point where they're more or less unviewable. Meanwhile, there's another image on the top of the page that's hotlinked from Bulbapedia, and despite it being even smaller in width at 519 pxiels, it displays just fine. I should also note that the same problem is happening with an image on a regular thread that I made as well —despite said image being 1043 pxiels wide — which seems to suggest that it's possibly a site-wide problem, rather than merely a blog-related one.
Does anyone have any information or suggestions regarding either of the above? Thank you in advance!

Can someone share a screenshot on how the desktop version’s supposed to look?

Nothing happens when I request the desktop site on my iPhone and iPad for reference.

Quick question: anyone know if markdown can be disabled in the text editor? Because of some formatting I use in some posts, the switch to markdown is resulting in unwanted strikethroughs. Sorry if this has been asked already. ^^;

1. Regarding blogs, and threads in general as well... how do we delete them? I'm not sure if there was a function to remove regular threads in the previous forums, but I do vaguely remember one being there for blogs (I could be wrong, though). I'm personally more concerned with the latter, though, because a few days ago I had accidentally posted a blog I was working on before it was finished, and I had no way of quickly getting rid of it without resorting to a rather messy and inelegant solution (basically clearing out all of the text and then saving it). If there's a solution that I'm unaware of that would prevent me from having to do something like that again, that would be great... otherwise, what should we do in a situation like the one I just described?
Some sections have thread deletion turned on, this however is mostly an error on our part as we keep thread deletion off. This way if other users would like to contribute to something they can, even if the original poster doesn't want to continue the discussion. As to not silence the group, so to say.
However, for blogs this of course is different, @Zachie @Lillie unless you guys have any objection I'll turn it on for users to delete their posts in Blogs, since the above reason doesn't apply there.

1. There seems to be something weird going on with the forum's handling of images, particularly attached images (vs. hotlinked ones). In this blog of mine, for instance, I have several 640x344 JPEG images that I added to the page as attachments. I did expect that they wouldn't look too large on all displays, since most of them are usually 1280 pixels wide or greater, or at least double the width of said JPEG images. That said, the problem is that the images appear absolutely tiny — far smaller than even a 640x344 image should be — to the point where they're more or less unviewable. Meanwhile, there's another image on the top of the page that's hotlinked from Bulbapedia, and despite it being even smaller in width at 519 pxiels, it displays just fine. I should also note that the same problem is happening with an image on a regular thread that I made as well —despite said image being 1043 pxiels wide — which seems to suggest that it's possibly a site-wide problem, rather than merely a blog-related one.
You're most likely attaching the image as a 'thumbnail' instead of the full image
If you insert the thumbnail the image will display really tiny, if you hit "Full image" it should be fine!

Can someone share a screenshot on how the desktop version’s supposed to look?

Nothing happens when I request the desktop site on my iPhone and iPad for reference.
We've gotten some reports that iPhone users can't access the desktop site. This is sadly a limitation due to Xenforo's programming, we hope that the developers of Xenforo will fix this in the next update, as we can't do anything about that currently.
Quick question: anyone know if markdown can be disabled in the text editor? Because of some formatting I use in some posts, the switch to markdown is resulting in unwanted strikethroughs. Sorry if this has been asked already. ^^;
I'm afraid not. We will be looking into a way to disable this on a user-preference basis, but we haven't been able to assign any time to that yet. =/

Hi @SoaringDylan; thanks for your suggestion for the images. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me... they're still tiny even when saved as a full image. I also tried removing them from the page and putting them back in again, but I got the same result. At this point, I'll probably end up linking the images to an external hosting site and then add them to my pages from there, although I'll miss how easy it is to simply attach them. Hopefully the source of this problem can eventually be found, though, and that a solution — if there is one — won't be too difficult to implement (you've done a whole lot for this site already, after all!).

On a happier note, I'm glad that we are in fact allowed to delete blogs and that we'll most likely be able to do so soon. Meanwhile, I can certainly understand the rationale for that function being disabled for the regular forums; I'm guessing that we'll need to talk with a moderator to take care of deletions like that?

Thank you again for your help!

When will there be emoji support?
Sorry for the delay. Since this is something our host has to do on the server side it has been significantly delayed. I keep pinging Archaic every few days in hope we can get it done soon haha
239902429406035968.png

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom