• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

We had actually decided not to add a sad / angry (or similar) emote due to the fact that it can be used to negatively react to posts. So I'm afraid we'll have to pass on this idea :\

Wait, this voltorb isn't supposed to be an angry emote? :annoyedVoltorb:

Wait, this voltorb isn't supposed to be an angry emote? :annoyedVoltorb:
We're fine with emotes as it's more clear cut as to what someone is doing (and it's actually something a user could report).
Which is unlike a reaction, which you often miss unless you're the recipient.

On the subject of adding emotes, could we maybe get a laughing reaction? Or was that skipped for similar reasons?

Hi, I just wanted to ask you guys if its possible that you restore the configuration of the video game forums from 2015, when I registered here. Back then, the main VG Forum was called "Current Pokémon Videogames" and there was a sub-forum dedicated to all the previous generations from Gen I to Gen V.

I think people like me that care about the older games more than for the newer ones, would really appreciate if there was a separate sub-forum for discussion the games we most care about.

Last edited:
I'm not too confident about my suggestion, but I'd personally like it if the online symbol (the green circle) didn't overlap with the user avatar and could be moved elsewhere, like beside the username or in a corner. I find the overlapping annoying and it gets in the way of my round avatar aesthetic.

I'd like to leave the suggestion to be possible to have the user's country flag as a display option in our information when we post (I don't know the name of the left <- box) in order to be able to find countrymen.

Would you consider adding some sort of “haha” emote under the options for the “like” button? Sometimes I just want to acknowledge that a post made me laugh/smile and the closest I can find is “Whaaaat?” which may be misinterpreted.

I looked up “laughing Pokémon” on google images and got Haunter, Gengar, Mew and even Sabrina. My initial thought was the laughing animation for Tom Nook from Animal Crossing but I assume it would have to be Pokémon related.

Would you consider adding some sort of “haha” emote under the options for the “like” button? Sometimes I just want to acknowledge that a post made me laugh/smile and the closest I can find is “Whaaaat?” which may be misinterpreted.

I looked up “laughing Pokémon” on google images and got Haunter, Gengar, Mew and even Sabrina. My initial thought was the laughing animation for Tom Nook from Animal Crossing but I assume it would have to be Pokémon related.
The reason we don't have a laughing like emoji for reactions is because it could be used negatively. Say someone posts "I dropped my phone and the screen broke" and a lot of people react to it with :LOL: it wouldn't really work in their favour.

Although I'd love to have a
534617373764878336.png

The reason we don't have a laughing like emoji for reactions is because it could be used negatively. Say someone posts "I dropped my phone and the screen broke" and a lot of people react to it with :LOL: it wouldn't really work in their favour.

Although I'd love to have a
534617373764878336.png

That is more than fair and I did think about something like that happening afterwards. Guess I’ll just have to use words....lame...

This is kind of nitpicky, but is it possible to make the green Pokeball by our usernames not green? Such as the colors of a regular Pokeball or colors/styles that match the current theme in use? While it's not the end of the world, the green does look rather unsightly on several themes, including Bulbagarden default. It also sort of breaks the "immersion" of the theme as well, having this weirdly colored dot that doesn't fit with it at all. Thank you.

There isn't, no. Is it a problem exclusive to mobile?

Edir: Tried desktop and still nothing. And the last time I changed my username was in 2016.

Last edited:
There isn't, no. Is it a problem exclusive to mobile?

Edir: Tried desktop and still nothing. And the last time I changed my username was in 2016.
I've passed it on up the chain.

It's possible a policy has changed, or forum updates could have caused a setting to be changed. They'll look into it.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom