• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

Ok well, Idek if someone already suggested this... but Is it possible to add a discord ID number next to your name on your profile? if it is, I feel like im missing something... XD

it kinda hurts my eyes tbh, I imagine it’s the same for some others, especially people with worse sight or more sensitive eyes.

other than that I can’t say I understand the connection between lightbulbs and making everything bright grayscale?

it kinda hurts my eyes tbh, I imagine it’s the same for some others, especially people with worse sight or more sensitive eyes.

other than that I can’t say I understand the connection between lightbulbs and making everything bright grayscale?
It works better when I invert colours on my phone, but, yeah, generally I’d prefer to return to my sweet dark blue classic theme.

I guess It’s to emulate black/white pictures and absence of colour.

It works better when I invert colours on my phone, but, yeah, generally I’d prefer to return to my sweet dark blue classic theme.

I guess It’s to emulate black/white pictures and absence of colour.

The premise of the style is about going vintage, back when photos and videos were monochromatic. The lightbulb is a metaphor: when you turn off the lights, your vision becomes monochromatic.

Anyway, you can invert colors with add-ons, like Dark Reader, which you can also use for other sites with light themes (like Google).

Aside from this, the style will soon become available as a standalone style and will get a Dark Mode that will look like this:

So, for anyone who likes the grayscale filter or wants to feel vintage, you will be able to use Light Gray or Dark Gray. :3

Anyway, you can invert colors with add-ons, like Dark Reader, which you can also use for other sites with light themes (like Google).
I highly recommend this addon. Like noworry, the april fools theme hurt my eyes too but I turned on Dark Reader and it looked awesome.

The screenshot that Cress shared looks like the one I took, and if so, that's with Dark Reader enabled.

Can we get Xenforo toothpaste for us? It looks great especially in day time

I put up this suggestion somewhere before somewhere around the forums. Why can't we get a haha reaction? I mean if someone posts a decent pun or joke I know I'm not the only person itching to hit a funny reaction. I've heard that it was removed as it could be misused for trolling.

If that is considered, then like button can also be misused. Rule breaking posts and posts that attack others can be liked. Considering this, many websites including Bulbagarden punishes for liking rule breaking posts.
Liking a rule-breaking post may be treated as breaking that same rule.

Similarly a rule for haha emote can be added "giving haha to a serious post will be considered as trolling"
So finally I ask this. Are we going to miss a 9999 funny posts for one rule breaking post that is probably going to be reported or seen by the mods?

However shall I suggest a poll to be held whether the funny reaction should be added back?.

My last suggestion is why not disable post count for Forum games section? Because that is the most casual forum where people can chill out.

:bulbagarden:

I put up this suggestion somewhere before somewhere around the forums. Why can't we get a haha reaction? I mean if someone posts a decent pun or joke I know I'm not the only person itching to hit a funny reaction. I've heard that it was removed as it could be misused for trolling.

If that is considered, then like button can also be misused. Rule breaking posts and posts that attack others can be liked. Considering this, many websites including Bulbagarden punishes for liking rule breaking posts.

Similarly a rule for haha emote can be added "giving haha to a serious post will be considered as trolling"
So finally I ask this. Are we going to miss a 9999 funny posts for one rule breaking post that is probably going to be reported or seen by the mods?

However shall I suggest a poll to be held whether the funny reaction should be added back?.
Just adding my two cents but what you might not know is that the forums has a Support and Advice section, where people might be venting or talking about tough things they could be going through, someone reacting with "haha" would really hurt their feelings. It isn't just the matter of "oh you thought this serious post was funny and that's against the rules". It's more because there are actual people who post on these threads and someone laughing at that could do a lot of damage to their mental health, psyche and wellbeing.
Now I'm not forums staff here, but I do advocate for those who's voices may not always be heard. I'm strongly against such a reaction getting added, perhaps if you find a post funny or amusing you can simply like the post or even comment or reply to it. I'm sure a forums staff member could explain it better than I could, as they know more about it, but I wanted to speak out about this.

Just adding my two cents but what you might not know is that the forums has a Support and Advice section, where people might be venting or talking about tough things they could be going through, someone reacting with "haha" would really hurt their feelings. It isn't just the matter of "oh you thought this serious post was funny and that's against the rules". It's more because there are actual people who post on these threads and someone laughing at that could do a lot of damage to their mental health, psyche and wellbeing.
Now I'm not forums staff here, but I do advocate for those who's voices may not always be heard. I'm strongly against such a reaction getting added, perhaps if you find a post funny or amusing you can simply like the post or even comment or reply to it. I'm sure a forums staff member could explain it better than I could, as they know more about it, but I wanted to speak out about this.
I feel like a mean laughing reaction is in the same league as a mean comment. If someone so desired, they could go into the Support section and bully users. Despite that possibility, comments are still allowed in that section, presumably because the staff can remove harassing comments and ban abusive users. An inappropriate laughing reaction could be treated like an offensive comment. The website keeps track of who does what reaction to a post so I feel like the staff could penalize someone who uses the reaction inappropriately as it would be on record and possibly even remove said reaction. Alternatively, the staff could possibly disable the reaction in the Support forums or any other forums where it is/can be abused (a certain subforum would probably also need a restriction on the laughing reaction if it were implemented).

At any rate, I can definitely see the problems a laughing reaction would cause, but I feel the forums have a way to deal with any abuses of said reaction.

Last edited:
my personal opinion (not reflective of staff's as a whole) is that modding reactions is a massive pain in the neck. determining whether or not a "haha" reaction is used in good faith or not seems like work that i (again, personally) do not feel like making the judgment and then potentially warning members for. what i'm getting at is that this sort of requires staff to reach out to users as for whether or not their reaction was used in good faith, then making final judgments... it's just not enjoyable stuff.

at least with a comment it can be more or less clearer depending on the content.

Last edited:
colours and ZinnLav basically summed up why we don't have one. The idea has been tossed around before. I know the vast majority of people would use it legitimately and without any ill intentions, but even good intentions could be misconstrued. Even outside of Support & Advice, conversations and debates can get a bit heated, and in a case like that a "haha" reaction would be one more tool a troll (or just a normally good user frustrated to the point of being mean spirited) could easily use to get under someone's skin. This conclusion is based on the years of collective experience our staff members have managing the site.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom