• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Forums Changelog and Feedback

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
Idk if this is the place to be asking, but please is it possible to make it so that spoiler tags stay open when reacting to a post with spoilers open?
Could you give an example of what you mean here? I'm not sure I've experienced this behaviour.

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
Hmmm. Interesting. Okay, I'll look into it. I suspect that's a Xenforo bug, but there may be a workaround.

Update 2022-01-13

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
2022-01-13
  • Forums upgraded to Xenforo 2.2.8 Patch 1
  • Reddit embeds using the media embed function and BB code now properly support darker themes
  • You can now see the local time of a user on their profile, and on the tooltip that opens up when you click on their name in a thread
  • Various bug-fixes and optimizations which should improve general loading times.
  • A new default style is in development and nearing completion...

Update 2022-01-14

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
2022-01-14
  • The Bulbanews Submissions Box is now available. Back on its old wiki-based format, Bulbanews had a proud tradition of accepting content submitted by members of the community. Now, we've brought it back, and it should be easier than ever to submit both tips and news. If you know how to write a forum post, you already know all you need to know! Posts in the Submissions Box can only be viewed by the poster, and Bulbagarden staff. See the sticky threads for more info!

Orchid

~♡~
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I've been running into a weird issue with the "Change width" button on certain styles. When it's turned on, it looks like it's making the width of the elements way too small, and it crunches a lot of text on the main page.
unknown.png
It looks like this on Bulbagarden Default (light mode, the [Alternative] style works normally), Eevee's Pride, both Let's Go! styles, Misty's Cerulean Blues, ORAS, Spring Blossoms, and Summer Break. Every other style works totally fine with it, and if "Change width" is turned off then there's no problem. And if it matters, I'm using Firefox.
Just thought I'd let you guys know :)

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
I've been running into a weird issue with the "Change width" button on certain styles. When it's turned on, it looks like it's making the width of the elements way too small, and it crunches a lot of text on the main page.

It looks like this on Bulbagarden Default (light mode, the [Alternative] style works normally), Eevee's Pride, both Let's Go! styles, Misty's Cerulean Blues, ORAS, Spring Blossoms, and Summer Break. Every other style works totally fine with it, and if "Change width" is turned off then there's no problem. And if it matters, I'm using Firefox.
Just thought I'd let you guys know :)
I believe I found the cause. A misconfigured setting which was being inherited by the "light" styles but not the "dark" styles. I've changed the settings on both, so there should now be uniform width options between the two groups of styles. Please let me know if that's fixed it for you or not.

Orchid

~♡~
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I believe I found the cause. A misconfigured setting which was being inherited by the "light" styles but not the "dark" styles. I've changed the settings on both, so there should now be uniform width options between the two groups of styles. Please let me know if that's fixed it for you or not.
yep, it's all good now! Thanks a lot for looking into it!

takoyaki

「touchdown turnaround~」
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/they
Suggestion:
Adding "Hisui" to the "Favorite Region" list to complement the release of Legends: Arceus.

This would be accomplished by adding <option value="hisui">Hisui</option> to the Favorite Region selection code.

Additionally, adding the additional Hisuian Pokemon to the Favorite Hisuian Form list would be appreciated.

This would be accomplished by adding the code below to the Favorite Hisuian Form selection code.

<option value="hisuian_voltorb">Hisuian Voltorb</option> <option value="hisuian_electrode">Hisuian Electrode</option> <option value="hisuian_arcanine">Hisuian Arcanine</option> <option value="hisuian_typhlosion">Hisuian Typhlosion</option> <option value="hisuian_qwilfish">Hisuian Qwilfish</option> <option value="hisuian_sneasel">Hisuian Sneasel</option> <option value="hisuian_dialga">Hisuian Dialga</option> <option value="hisuian_palkia">Hisuian Palkia</option> <option value="hisuian_samurott">Hisuian Samurott</option> <option value="hisuian_lilligant">Hisuian Lilligant</option> <option value="hisuian_basculin">Hisuian Basculin</option> <option value="hisuian_zorua">Hisuian Zorua</option> <option value="hisuian_zoroark">Hisuian Zoroark</option> <option value="hisuian_avalugg">Hisuian Avalugg</option> <option value="hisuian_sliggoo">Hisuian Sliggoo</option> <option value="hisuian_goodra">Hisuian Goodra</option> <option value="hisuian_decidueye">Hisuian Decidueye</option>

Thank you very much for your time!!

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
Suggestion:
Adding "Hisui" to the "Favorite Region" list to complement the release of Legends: Arceus.
Additionally, adding the additional Hisuian Pokemon to the Favorite Hisuian Form list would be appreciated.
Both easy enough fixes. Done.
(I should note though - the interface we have for editing custom user fields doesn't allow for editing in pure HTML, so that code wasn't needed. ^^; )

leetic!

Cool cat
Reaction score
Pronouns
any/all
Both easy enough fixes. Done.
(I should note though - the interface we have for editing custom user fields doesn't allow for editing in pure HTML, so that code wasn't needed. ^^; )
On that note, Kleavor, Ursaluna, Overqwil, and Enoramus should be added to favorite Gen VIII Pokémon as well

Update 2022-03-20

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
2022-03-20
  • A number of improvements have been made to the lazy loader, and to media embeds (e.g. YouTube videos, Tweets), which should significantly improve general loading times.
  • A number of other minor bug-fixes and optimizations have been implemented which should also assist to improve general loading times.
  • We're still working on that new default style. Resolving the loading time issues was our biggest priority.
  • We're also currently working on some fixes for forum layout, and are testing a number of addons which we think will help further improve the general user experience.

2022-04-16

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
2022-04-16
  • Gen 9 Starter Fan Badges have now been added. You can receive your badge by selecting your fave Gen 9 starter in your preferences. Once the system awards the badge, you'll then need to go into your badges list on your profile to enable it.
  • If you change which starter is your fave, the system will now automatically revoke the badges for other starters. You can only have one starter fan badge per generation at a time.

2022-05-26 New

Archaic

黒い王様
Reaction score
Pronouns
He / Him
2022-05-26
  • After some downtime, functionality to allow users to connect their Facebook account to their forums account, and use that to log-in, has been restored.
  • Currently, you can connect your forums account to Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Reddit. Other account providers will be made available in future.