• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forums Changelog and Feedback

Could you give an example of what you mean here? I'm not sure I've experienced this behaviour.
If you open this spoiler, and react to this post, the spoiler closes and makes the page jump awkwardly. Especially if the spoiler has a large image.

Update 2022-01-13
2022-01-13
  • Forums upgraded to Xenforo 2.2.8 Patch 1
  • Reddit embeds using the media embed function and BB code now properly support darker themes
  • You can now see the local time of a user on their profile, and on the tooltip that opens up when you click on their name in a thread
  • Various bug-fixes and optimizations which should improve general loading times.
  • A new default style is in development and nearing completion...

Update 2022-01-14
2022-01-14
  • The Bulbanews Submissions Box is now available. Back on its old wiki-based format, Bulbanews had a proud tradition of accepting content submitted by members of the community. Now, we've brought it back, and it should be easier than ever to submit both tips and news. If you know how to write a forum post, you already know all you need to know! Posts in the Submissions Box can only be viewed by the poster, and Bulbagarden staff. See the sticky threads for more info!

I've been running into a weird issue with the "Change width" button on certain styles. When it's turned on, it looks like it's making the width of the elements way too small, and it crunches a lot of text on the main page.
unknown.png
It looks like this on Bulbagarden Default (light mode, the [Alternative] style works normally), Eevee's Pride, both Let's Go! styles, Misty's Cerulean Blues, ORAS, Spring Blossoms, and Summer Break. Every other style works totally fine with it, and if "Change width" is turned off then there's no problem. And if it matters, I'm using Firefox.
Just thought I'd let you guys know :)

I've been running into a weird issue with the "Change width" button on certain styles. When it's turned on, it looks like it's making the width of the elements way too small, and it crunches a lot of text on the main page.

It looks like this on Bulbagarden Default (light mode, the [Alternative] style works normally), Eevee's Pride, both Let's Go! styles, Misty's Cerulean Blues, ORAS, Spring Blossoms, and Summer Break. Every other style works totally fine with it, and if "Change width" is turned off then there's no problem. And if it matters, I'm using Firefox.
Just thought I'd let you guys know :)
I believe I found the cause. A misconfigured setting which was being inherited by the "light" styles but not the "dark" styles. I've changed the settings on both, so there should now be uniform width options between the two groups of styles. Please let me know if that's fixed it for you or not.

I believe I found the cause. A misconfigured setting which was being inherited by the "light" styles but not the "dark" styles. I've changed the settings on both, so there should now be uniform width options between the two groups of styles. Please let me know if that's fixed it for you or not.
yep, it's all good now! Thanks a lot for looking into it!

Suggestion:
Adding "Hisui" to the "Favorite Region" list to complement the release of Legends: Arceus.
Additionally, adding the additional Hisuian Pokemon to the Favorite Hisuian Form list would be appreciated.
Both easy enough fixes. Done.
(I should note though - the interface we have for editing custom user fields doesn't allow for editing in pure HTML, so that code wasn't needed. ^^; )

Update 2022-03-20
2022-03-20
  • A number of improvements have been made to the lazy loader, and to media embeds (e.g. YouTube videos, Tweets), which should significantly improve general loading times.
  • A number of other minor bug-fixes and optimizations have been implemented which should also assist to improve general loading times.
  • We're still working on that new default style. Resolving the loading time issues was our biggest priority.
  • We're also currently working on some fixes for forum layout, and are testing a number of addons which we think will help further improve the general user experience.

2022-04-16
2022-04-16
  • Gen 9 Starter Fan Badges have now been added. You can receive your badge by selecting your fave Gen 9 starter in your preferences. Once the system awards the badge, you'll then need to go into your badges list on your profile to enable it.
  • If you change which starter is your fave, the system will now automatically revoke the badges for other starters. You can only have one starter fan badge per generation at a time.

2022-05-26
2022-05-26
  • After some downtime, functionality to allow users to connect their Facebook account to their forums account, and use that to log-in, has been restored.
  • Currently, you can connect your forums account to Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Reddit. Other account providers will be made available in future.

2022-06-09
2022-06-09
  • Several backend settings were tweaked to try and speed up page loading
  • Two major updates to the forums are currently planned for late this month, and sometime next month. A new default style will be implemented along with the first of these updates. More details on new features, etc, will be announced at a later date.

I wish there also would be a way to search through the Archives through the forum, and maybe even our main page. Would maybe draw a bit more attetion to them, too.

2022-07-04
2022-07-04
  • We have launched a new default style for the forums today, Mysterious Garden
  • The styles previously known as Bulbagarden Default and Bulbagarden Default [Alternative] are now Bulbagarden Classic and Bulbagarden Classic [Alternative]
  • The style previously known as Bulbagarden Classic is now known as Bulbagarden Retro
  • The previously announced forum upgrades are still in the pipeline, but have been delayed a little due to issues needing to be resolved on Bulbapedia. We'll give more details on those updates once we're able to nail down a specific date for when they'll go in.

2022-07-16
2022-07-16
  • Backend software has been upgraded to Xenforo 2.2.10.
  • You can now see a list of all reactions you've given to other people's content. You'll find the link to this in the dropdown menu under your username in the navigation bar, as well as in the menu sidebar on your account options and settings pages.
  • Changes have been made to password minimum requirements, and password validation.
    • Passwords must now be minimum 8 characters in length. If your password is shorter, the system should allow you to retain it, but we strongly suggest you change your password to match these new requirements.
    • More stringent checks for passwords have now been implemented, including pwned password validation.
    • If your password has been compromised, you will receive a notification every time you login to the forums until you change the password to something more secure.
  • Additional enhancements have been made to account security options.
    • Support for WebAuthn / FIDO2 security keys as two-step authentication, including hardware devices such as YubiKeys.
    • Ability to see/manage trusted devices under your account settings (under Account -> Password and security -> Two-step verification).
    • Ability to see the IP addresses used for your account (under Account -> Password and security).
    • Ability to see/manage remembered sessions for your account (under Account -> Password and security).
  • Other minor bug-fixes and optimizations have been implemented.
  • Functionality allowing users to connect their Facebook account to their forums account, and use that to log-in, is currently disabled due to some ongoing issues with the implementation of that feature. Login via Twitter, Google, and Reddit accounts is still working properly.
User experience changes for public testing
These changes should be considered to be in public testing, and may be removed at any time depending on user feedback.
  • Changes have been made to display of user signatures.
    • User signatures will now only be shown once per page in any given thread or conversation.
    • Users can now manually show or hide any user's signatures.
Upcoming features and changes
  • We're currently exploring some options to integrate our forums and Discord communities better. This would include some or all of the following:
    • Enabling users to register and login to forums accounts using their Discord account.
    • Automated syncing of user nicknames across the forums and Bulbagarden Discord.
    • Automatically giving forum users a special role to identify themselves on the Bulbagarden Discord.
      • This could come together with a special icon or username style on the Discord.
    • Automatically giving Bulbagarden Discord users a special Badge on the forums.
    • Auto-posting of new forum thread notifications from select forums to appropriate channels on the Bulbagarden Discord (e.g. notifications of new threads posted to Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet in the #scarlet-violet channel)
    • Forum users being able to get Xenforo alert notifications of new mentions, conversations, and posts in watched threads through Discord DMs.
      • Users would be able to opt-out of receiving these, the same as they currently can with receiving notifications via email, etc.
  • We're looking at making it possible for users to register and login to Forums accounts using their Twitch and Tumblr accounts.
  • While it won't happen for some time yet, we're also looking at making it possible for you to register and login to Forums accounts using your Bulbapedia account.
  • We're beginning work on brand new forum styles based off of Legends: Arceus, and Scarlet/Violet. Reworks of classic forum styles are also in the pipeline.
  • We're in the processes of finalizing a new forums-based home page for Bulbanews content. Click here for a live preview.
    • Once fully ready, this forum-based news home page will become the new front page for Bulbagarden.
  • A new forums-based calendar will soon be added, linking to relevant discussion threads and Bulbanews stories for upcoming game releases, anime episodes, etc. Once this goes live, you'll be able to see this on the forums list, as well as on the (upcoming) forums-based news home page.
  • Sometime in the coming months, the forums will be moving from the current subdomain, into the root Bulbagarden domain.
    • Links using the current forums subdomain will continue to work, as these will be dynamically redirected.
  • Users will soon be able to initiate account deletion requests from their own user options.
    • This feature used to be available, but had not worked correctly for some time, requiring people to instead contact us directly.
    • Due to record keeping and moderation requirements, this feature will only be available for accounts with a clean history (i.e. no warnings received). Accounts with a warning history, even if all warnings have expired, will still need to go through the current process of contacting staff directly.

• User signatures will now only be shown once per page in any given thread or conversation.
  • Users can now manually show or hide any user's signatures.
I like that we can hide or show signatures now, but I feel like them only showing up once per page kinda breaks the point of having them. Maybe having an option to turn that on and off would work?

I like that we can hide or show signatures now, but I feel like them only showing up once per page kinda breaks the point of having them. Maybe having an option to turn that on and off would work?
We're exploring options to see if that can be made possible. In the limited time this has been up, the feedback so far hasn't particularly liked the once per page setup, so it's possible we may just remove that altogether if we can't find a way for users to manually toggle the behaviour themselves.

Back
Top Bottom