• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forums Changelog and Feedback

I should have reported this much much earlier, but...

All of the post option buttons (dunno what they really are called) on the upper bar, except for the preview button, are unclickable. The buttons hidden behind the dot buttons don't work either. I am on mobile and I use Edge Beta.
Try clicking the dot button furthest to the right, and a button that looks like this should appear:
1658495858377.png
Click on it, and if the problem is what I think it is, the other buttons should come back online.

(My assumption is that you may have accidentally activated the BBCode mode, which locks out all the other buttons to leave your posts formatted purely by the functions you type in)

2022-07-24
2022-07-24
  • Spotlight forums have changed.
  • Some changes have been made to the forum sidebar and footer. The footer currently on the Mysterious Garden style will be the default going forward, older styles will be converted to this new format progressively over the next few weeks.

2022-07-28
2022-07-28
  • Users may now create new forums accounts using their Discord account, as well as link their existing Discord account to their forums account via the connected accounts options.
    • Forum users who connect their forums account to their Discord account will receive Xenforo alert notifications of new mentions, conversations, and posts in watched threads through Discord DMs.
      • This feature is on by default when you connect your accounts, but can be turned off here
    • Notifications of new threads in the Scarlet and Violet forum, and the Anime and Manga forum, will be auto-posted to the Bulbagarden Discord in the #scarlet-violet and #anime channels respectively.
      • Other forums will receive similar linkages in future.
    • Additional linkages between Discord and the Forums, as per our update earlier this month, will be added progressively over the next few weeks.
  • Some changes have been made to forum sidebars. A sidebar now appears alongside news articles.
  • The change to display of user signatures has been reverted, and these will now be shown on all posts as per the previous behaviours. Users will still have the option of hiding signatures on a per-user basis.

Hi, this is something I've wondered for a long time, will the avatars get back the dimensions they used to have? I know that technically it isn't something very important, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses being able to use horizontal and vertical avartars, that gave each profile its own personality.

2022-08-15
2022-08-15
  • For some time now, a jump to top button has displayed when scrolling up in threads. A minor change has been made to enable a jump to bottom button. Both of these buttons will now be visible in the bottom right of your window whenever you are scrolling (in either direction) in threads.

2022-09-26
2022-09-26
The following change has been made to the pronoun field:
  • The pronoun field is no longer a text field.
This essentially means that instead of it being a text field as it was previously, it's now a drop-down menu that you can select from the following options:

YXmgMNv.png

You can find these settings under "Account Details" when you click your username on the top-right corner.

2022-09-29
2022-09-29
  • The order of 2FA methods has been altered, so that Verification code via app (i.e. Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) will now be the default displayed when users go to login. Users with physical passkeys/security keys can still use these for 2FA, however these will no longer be the first option displayed, to avoid users without them being bothered/confused with an option they haven't configured. When this addon is next updated, users will no longer be able to see the passkey/security key option unless they have already configured one in their password and security settings.

2022-10-18
2022-10-18
  • Backend software has been upgraded to Xenforo 2.2.11.
  • Improved handling of drag & drop of attachments in the editor.
  • Improvements to two-step authentication, including better handling of Passkeys. Users are encouraged to set up at least two two-step options, to allow for backup options in case you lose access to your primary one.
  • Improvements to the handling of embedded content from TikTok.
  • Other minor bug-fixes and optimizations have been implemented.
N.B. There is a known issue with one of the addons we upgraded today. This should not create any front end issues for users, as it's related to back-end tools, but please do let me know if you experience any issues whatsoever. We've reached out to the developers of the addon to try and resolve this issue.

2022-11-15 to 2022-11-17
2022-11-15
Bulbagarden is currently in the process of doing some major backend upgrades ahead of the release of Scarlet and Violet. Part 1 of upgrades for the server that our forums run on is now complete. The forums will be locked again within the next 24 hours for us to complete this process. You may notice some errors on the forums until then, however you should still be able to post as normal.

2022-11-16
We were not able to fully complete the process today. The forums have been unlocked again while our technical people get some sleep, but will be locked again tomorrow.

Last edited:
2022-12-06 to 2022-12-07
2022-12-06 to 2022-12-07
After a few aborted starts in the past week, we had a roughly 26 hours long period of maintenance (with a brief period roughly 8 hours in where the forums were temporarily unlocked) as we worked to resolve a number of technical glitches that had arisen on the forums shortly ahead of the release of Scarlet and Violet. As part of this proccess (and continuing some of the major backend upgrades we had planned and had been unable to fully complete prior to the launch of Scarlet and Violet), the forums database server was replaced with a new upgraded model, and a number of forum addons were also updated.

While this maintenance was mostly about fixing back end issues and, there were also small number of front end changes:
  • Improvements and fixes to the handling of embedded content from Facebook, Spotify, and Tumblr.
  • It is now possible to embed posts from Mastodon. Currently, only embeds from the mastodon.social instance (where we have our official Bulbagarden Mastodon account) are supported, however we expect more to be supported in future.
  • Other minor bug-fixes and optimizations have been implemented to improve loading times.

2022-12-14
2022-12-14
An update to our Christmas theme has been launched and has been set as the default theme. If you're currently on a different theme, you can select Christmas 2022 from your options or the style chooser.
This update brings a selection of template updates and fixes from the Mysterious Garden style that was introduced earlier this year.

More styles will be receiving some of these touchups in the coming weeks, though there are no plans at this point to swap all of the old styles to the double column layout. As an example of these changes, Hover Text should now be properly readable on the Year of the Dog style.

Some time in January, I will be resuming work on restoring some of the most demanded classic styles of yesteryear.

Back
Top Bottom