• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forums Changelog and Feedback

2023-10-17
2023-10-17

Some of you may have noticed this earlier, but we sadly recently made the decision to archive our PokéTube section due to inactivity. It was previously located in our General Pokémon area of the forums. Because of this, our Bulbagarden Multimedia section has been moved back to our Welcome Center area, where it was previously located.

However, you can still access any old threads and even create new threads for any PokéTube content, including your own, in our Blogs section! Please make sure to read the Blogs section rules before you post, and please enjoy continuing to discuss any and all Pokémon YouTube/Twitch/etc content there!

Thank you for your understanding!

Last edited:
Why was the Poketube section archived?
Sorry for not putting it down! That's been fixed in the main post, but we've archived it due to inactivity — it didn't make too much sense for us to have a specialized section that didn't get very many posts and such, basically. Hope you understand!

Is there a way to disable the right sidebar (Twitch, Twitter, Socials, New Threads/Posts/etc), or at least have it so it doesn't show up in threads and only appears on the home page?
Literally just came to this thread to ask this. It's fine on the homepage but it makes threads extremely cluttered.

How can I access the threads on the Support and Advice section? I can't seem to read the threads that explain how I can get access. Not even the topic that I started.
Haha I've yet again been beaten to the punch! I noticed it was made private but I can't even view the thread explaining how to gain access. Glad it's not just me, at least.

2023-11-12
2023-11-12
  • The Shippers' Paradise forum has been separated from General Pokémon Discussion, and moved to the main forum list. You can find it in the Pokémon Forums category on the front page.
  • A couple of new emotes have been added. Check them out under the Smilies tab in the post editor! :bulbaCute:

If Shippers' Paradise will now exist outside of General Pokemon Discussion, the description for General Pokemon Discussion should be changed. It currently reads, "A place for all Pokémon fans! From the TCG to shipping, any subject that you can't find in another Pokémon forum belongs here!". I guess picking a new concept to replace "shipping" makes sense, but perhaps it should be more future proof. There is a TCG channel on the discord, so it could be possible for the TCG to garner enough traffic to move away from general at some point in the future.

Last edited:
If Shippers' Paradise will now exist outside of General Pokemon Discussion, the description for General Pokemon Discussion should be changed. It currently reads, "A place for all Pokémon fans! From the TCG to shipping, any subject that you can't find in another Pokémon forum belongs here!". I guess picking a new concept to replace "shipping" makes sense, but perhaps it should be more future proof.
It's been amended; this new one should be a bit more on brand for the kinda topics that are usually in General Pokémon. Good catch, thanks for pointing it out! :fingergunz:

2023-12-18
2023-12-18
It seems Brightbot had the bright idea of doing the exact same things TikTok & Bytedance were doing earlier this year, sending an insane amount of requests to the site per second. So far we've kept up with the bots, mainly because we'd been more prepared for more traffic with the launch of the new DLC and the holiday season, but obviously this can't continue. Like with the Bytespider before it, Brightbot is going to be explicitly blocked for us by Cloudflare, and we should see an immediate improvement in forums performance, and potentially on Bulbapedia as well. Users of the Brightbot AI tool on the otherhand are going to see significantly degraded performance. For those users, may I suggest simply browsing us directly, instead of asking questions to an AI tool?

2023-12-27
2023-12-27

A bit more regarding AI things on the forums! We've updated our rules to explicitly ban the usage of any AI content in almost all areas of the forums, especially in our Creative Corner forums — AI-generated media is only allowed to be posted in our BulbaBlogs area as long as it is said to be AI-generated in the post/thread title itself.

Considering how many artists and the like frequent our forums, though, don't expect much of a response at all to any AI stuff — why not learn from our very gifted real artists and writers in The Art Gallery and The Writers' Workshop instead? I think you'll find yourself better off if you try to do it yourself!

2024-28-01
2024-28-01

We've made an update to the Flaming/Baiting rule to include some additional clarification as to what constitutes offsite drama. The new guidelines are shown here in bold:
Be civil to others - no attacks or insults are allowed. When disagreeing with others, keep your responses respectful. Behavior that should be avoided includes but is not limited to:
  • Bringing drama between users from other sites to Bulbagarden
    • While discussing a situation that occurred on another site is allowed, bullying and unnecessary gossip are not. Avoid using inflammatory language, or bringing up specific personal details, such as the names of the people or groups involved, or any other information that would be unsafe to share publicly or without someone's consent.

2024-02-04

The Sandygast's Sandbox subforum is now up! This is a new subforum of the BulbaBlogs forum and allows you to test your threads/posts before publicly posting them. Others will not see threads you make here, and likewise, only threads you make yourself will be visible to you.

2024-02-04

The Sandygast's Sandbox subforum is now up! This is a new subforum of the BulbaBlogs forum and allows you to test your threads/posts before publicly posting them. Others will not see threads you make here, and likewise, only threads you make yourself will be visible to you.
Can Moderators/staff see the posts made there?

Can Moderators/staff see the posts made there?
For safety purposes, forum administrators (and solely administrators) are the only ones able to see any of the threads created there. Apart from that, no one else can, not even if they're staff.

Back
Top Bottom