• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forums Changelog and Feedback

2024-02-04

The Sandygast's Sandbox subforum is now up! This is a new subforum of the BulbaBlogs forum and allows you to test your threads/posts before publicly posting them. Others will not see threads you make here, and likewise, only threads you make yourself will be visible to you.
Question: Would the threads that are made there only go into the Bulbablogs section, or would they be sent to a different part of the Forums?
Example: Let's say I decide to do a short story. Would that thread be sent over to the Writer's Workshop forums, or would it be in Bulbablogs?

Question: Would the threads that are made there only go into the Bulbablogs section, or would they be sent to a different part of the Forums?
Example: Let's say I decide to do a short story. Would that thread be sent over to the Writer's Workshop forums, or would it be in Bulbablogs?

to clarify, the entire purpose of that section is to save drafts of posts. while the existing post editor does this to some degree... things happen. posts get eaten, they don't get properly saved, and you have to start all over. we made this section in the hopes of alleviating that problem.

perhaps you also want to save drafts of posts for later use - this is also what the sandygast's sandbox section is for. in short, use it for just about almost whatever you like. whether it be reminders to write certain fics, include certain elements in your story, things like that.

hopefully this clarifies things? o:

to clarify, the entire purpose of that section is to save drafts of posts. while the existing post editor does this to some degree... things happen. posts get eaten, they don't get properly saved, and you have to start all over. we made this section in the hopes of alleviating that problem.

perhaps you also want to save drafts of posts for later use - this is also what the sandygast's sandbox section is for. in short, use it for just about almost whatever you like. whether it be reminders to write certain fics, include certain elements in your story, things like that.

hopefully this clarifies things? o:
And then I would move it to a thread in the actual section?

2024-02-20
2024-02-20
We've made a very large update to our forums software today. We're continuing to work on a variety of things with the appearance of the forums, so you may notice a little weirdness here and there for a few days, but please don't hesitate to report any issues you encounter.

Here's the front-end relevant changes from today's update.
  • Backend software has been upgraded to Xenforo 2.2.15.
  • A huge host of add-ons have been upgraded for greater stability and security.
    • Lots of features that used to depend on jQuery now no longer use it.
  • A new Avatar Gallery has been added, to allow people to select from a range of default avatars if they'd prefer to do that instead of uploading their own - the gallery hasn't been populated yet, but will be in the coming weeks.
  • BB code changes and updates
    • A new BB code to insert a collapsible block has been created.
      • Example
        This is an example of what it looks like
    • The BB code for Tables has been extended. We haven't added the full details to the help page yet, but as a summary...
      • Added TH and TD BB code support for colspan, rowspan, and style options
      • Added TABLE BB code support for style and class options
      • Added WYSIWYG table editor cell button to merge or split table cells
      • Added WYSIWYG table editor cell background button to change cell color
      • Added WYSIWYG table editor resizing handle
      • Added WYSIWYG table editor style button: dashed borders and alternate rows
      • Tables created by the BB code now properly follow responsive design, and will force table width to 100% on narrow screens
  • When linking to directly to specific posts on the forums, the link preview card should now preview that post, not the first post of the thread/page.
  • Updates to post embeds from social media sites
    • Mastodon embeds now allow for more types of URLs.
      • If you want to embed something from a Mastodon server we don't yet explicitly support, please contact me and I'll get it sorted
    • Posts from Threads are now fully supported
    • Reddit short links are now supported
    • Spotify short links and internationalized URLs are now supported
    • YouTube clips are now supported
    • Updates to Facebook, X (Twitter), and YouTube embeds
    • A few other minor social media sites are now supported
    • Some defunct social media sites have been removed

2024-3-14
2024-3-14

Global Forum Rules have been updated! ▲

For your convenience, specifically addendums to rule 5, regarding our regulations on copyright violations and discussion of AI-generation. New guidelines are bolded and elaborated upon below. ▽

5. Do not ask for, or share illegal content and AI generative tools (Copyright Violation)

Illegal content should not be shared. This includes:

Full episode links, ROMs, or fansubs
AI-created media that infringes upon the copyright of others, including but not limited to AI-generated cloning of voice actors' voices
Content generation (generative AI) tool sharing is limited. It may be discussed, but linking to or asking for sources that provide AI-generated content, including but not limited to voice cloning, art, writing, and music, is not allowed when it is for the purpose of generating content.

Fan-made games may be discussed, but not linked to.

2024-03-18 New
2024-3-18

✧ Another update to our Global Forum Rules! ✦

✦ We've made an edit to our Disruptive Posting rule (rule 6) to make our position regarding 'mini-modding' (meaning enforcing rules in-thread when not a member of our forums staff team) more clear. Our additions are bolded for your convenience -- for future reference, please use the report button when you feel the need to report anything rulebreaking or worth bringing attention to our mod team. ✧

6. Avoid making disruptive or irrelevant posts (Disruptive Post) [3 points, 3 months]
Keep posts relevant to the thread or a post within it, and avoid making posts that disrupt the flow of conversation. This includes but is not limited to:
  • Continuing to discuss something after a moderator asks it be dropped, or conversely 'mini-modding' (enforcing rules in-thread when not a staff member)
[...]

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there seems to be a bug with the new April Fools skin where it doesn't show who posted a profile post. If I'm viewing the new profile posts page, this means it's impossible to tell who posted what. Can someone fix this? Thanks.

This should now be resolved. Because of how this style achieves its normal effect, this could also have re-enabled certain other items on the forums connected to the same variable.

The April Fool’s Day forum skin does not appear for me when I am logged into my account (it does appear if I am logged out). Are there any settings I might need to change to get it to appear?

The April Fool’s Day forum skin does not appear for me when I am logged into my account (it does appear if I am logged out). Are there any settings I might need to change to get it to appear?
The style is called Style 24-04-01 in the Style Chooser. It should appear if you select that.

2024-04-03 New
2024-4-3

Pokemon Video Games Forum has been updated! ▲

The Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl forum has been consolidated into the Other Pokemon Video Games section. You are now free to add the "BDSP" prefix when creating a thread here to properly label whatever thread you are making. From here on, any BDSP specific threads now belong here.

2024-04-06 New
2024-04-6

The global rules have been slightly condensed. Note that no major updates have been implemented - what we consider actionable has mostly remained unchanged. The purpose of this update was to trim down the size of the global rules so they can remain easy to parse for our users.

The image spoiler tagging rule has, however, been slightly adjusted.

Previous:
6. Avoid making disruptive or irrelevant posts (Disruptive Post) [3 points, 3 months]
Keep posts relevant to the thread or a post within it, and avoid making posts that disrupt the flow of conversation. This includes but is not limited to:
  • Posting large images (larger than 500x500px) without spoiler tags

New:
  • Posting large images (larger than 1000x1000px) without spoiler tags

2024-4-3

Pokemon Video Games Forum has been updated! ▲

The Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl forum has been consolidated into the Other Pokemon Video Games section. You are now free to add the "BDSP" prefix when creating a thread here to properly label whatever thread you are making. From here on, any BDSP specific threads now belong here.
Will the Legends: Arceus forum get the same treatment at some point? And the Scarlet & Violet Forum once Legends: ZA comes out?

Will the Legends: Arceus forum get the same treatment at some point? And the Scarlet & Violet Forum once Legends: ZA comes out?
Generally speaking, that's how we tend to do it when the previously 'current' games become deprecated by newer versions, so you'd be spot on there. It's worth noting that Scarlet and Violet aren't being replaced by L:ZA, so they'll exist alongside that forum I'd imagine? Things to deal with when it's time to deal with them in the future, essentially.

2024-04-17 New
2024-04-17
The front page of the Bulbagarden website has shifted over to our forums-powered News portal page. As part of this change, the Bulbagarden Forums have now also moved to a whole new location! The URL for the front page of the forums is now https://bulbagarden.net/forums/. Links to the forums subdomain will continue to work.

Is the forum logo now taking you to the main page for Bulbagarden as a whole and not the forum index like it used to a deliberate change?

Cause I don't know about other people but I'd use that as a quick way to return to the main page for the forums, especially when on mobile.

Back
Top Bottom