• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forums fail

Chrome does it 50/50. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes you have to wait for it to go.

The browser you use is irrelevant to this issue. It's something with the server. As I said earlier, if it happens, the best thing you can do is wait, and under no circumstances start mashing refresh.

But when I'm mashing refresh, I feel that somehow it's going to change every second.

Okay, I'll wait. I've been getting 503s too.

I've been getting 503s that won't resolve with a refresh lately. I've had to leave the forums for half an hour or more when they strike...

The browser you use is irrelevant to this issue. It's something with the server. As I said earlier, if it happens, the best thing you can do is wait, and under no circumstances start mashing refresh.

^^ Come on people, it's not that hard to comprehend. ^^

And also, as this issue is like really apparent, there isn't a whole lot of need for it anymore so, does a nice admin want to close it?

What i do is leave it soemtimes then a few mins later i put it back up and if it doesnt work i restart the comp.
Refreshing dont work not a bit..

I use mozilla firefox,isnt that suppose to get viruses out and stuff usealy it should prevent less problems than this...IE is too laggy..

Nando's having some weird problems getting onto Bulbagarden and asked me to post about them here. From the IRC:

<&Nando|writing> I still can't get into the forum
<&Nando|writing> i wasn't able to access it on my DSi earlier either
<~Nekusagi> you said you were getting 503s and 504s
<~Nekusagi> right?
<~Nekusagi> type up your problem, I'll post it in the help forum
<&Nando|writing> I've been getting alternating 504 timeout errors and database errors
(from #bulbagarden)
<+Nando|writing> why am I the only one who can't get into the forum still?
<~Satoshi-kun> dunno
<~Satoshi-kun> hit leftshift while reloading?
<+Nando|writing> doesn't seem to help

I haven't heard of Database or 504 errors, though...

What i do is leave it soemtimes then a few mins later i put it back up and if it doesnt work i restart the comp.
Refreshing dont work not a bit..

I use mozilla firefox,isnt that suppose to get viruses out and stuff usealy it should prevent less problems than this...IE is too laggy..

And again....it's nothing to do with your computer, it's all to do with the http server crashing. The reason it works again when you restart the computer is because restarting the computer takes a few minutes...which is about how long the http server restarting itself takes.

I can and will echo Archaic's statement of NOT REFRESHING your page if it happens. All that does is add to the load of the server and increases the time it takes to resolve the problem.

Just go for a walk, or do something else for 5 - 10 mins and it will most likely be cleared by the time you get back.

And it will be an ongoing issue until tech services comes back from vacation. Just be patient.

Okay guys... no one cares that your on Windows XP using Firefox, or Mac OSX using Safari, or Ubuntu using Chromium, it doesn't make a difference. If you get a 503, go to a different site, or do your homework, or hust go outside and don't try going to BMGf again for a while. Mashing F5 makes it worse.

Don't...Press f5 like a kid playing clicky flash games...?

Oh dear..

Basically, a 503 appears when a server gets too many requests to handle... it's like having 20 people asking you different questions at the same time. Every time you press F5, it's like asking the question again, and if everyone's doing that it's going to be even harder to answer anyone's questions.

Holy crap, finally I can get on. Database errors swarming out of my screen... I had to use a broken glass bottle to fend them off. x-x

Oh well. I guess I'll find out if the forums are working tomorrow, since I don't have the time to explore long enough to find out right now.

Holy crap what happened today? I swear, half the day the place was down.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom