• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forums fail

Hunter Blade

Can't stop me.
Reaction score
Alright. So I've been automatically logged off of the forums a few times in the past week. Haven't cleared cookies, haven't clicked Log Out, nothing. And I've been using the "Remember my log in", but it'll still happen.

And I had to log in when I got on a few minutes ago. I don't know if that's something that could be fixed when the tech team comes back from vacation or not, but I just wanted to bring it up.

And no, it's not my computer. It's new, running on Windows 7.

This also happens to be the only problem I've had with the forums, other than when the Bulbagarden servers are down. It's more annoying than a major issue, but it's become... more frequent, in a sense.

Edit: Crap that 503.... oh well. That one'll get fixed in a week or so.

I have frequently had this problem as well, You're not alone.

I weirdly only have login-remembering issues on my Ubuntu install of Firefox. It's a problem that only started recently but I chalk it more up to Ubuntu than to the site (sometimes things are quirky on linux), but it could be the site...

Sure you're not confusing the April Fools 2005 theme on BMGf with the standard green theme of SPPfail?

Sure you're not confusing the April Fools 2005 theme on BMGf with the standard green theme of SPPfail?

I use the Rocket Garden theme, so it's very obvious when I get logged off.

And something else is kinda screwed now... I got on the Pedia this morning, and it said I was signed in. But I couldn't edit anything. I could only view the source of each page. Then I went to the home page, and I was logged off. So I logged back in, and everything is normal now...
I love it when our tech week is off. So many fun stories. x)

you may have it set to where it wont accept cookies or they get deleted every five minutes

i got a few server down pages in the past few days

oh btw, what are cookies? sorry if i sound a noob XD

I weirdly only have login-remembering issues on my Ubuntu install of Firefox. It's a problem that only started recently but I chalk it more up to Ubuntu than to the site (sometimes things are quirky on linux), but it could be the site...
I got that too, with Firefox, except I had it on any site I saved login info with.

If you're using Firefox, it's some glitch in the Cookies section iirc. Theres steps on how to fix it if that is the problem, but if its just BMGf I'd say it's something different.

I got the 503 error just a moment ago - it required more than just "few" refresh clicks. And seems like I'm not the only one.

Yep, I got one just now. I use Firefox too, and when I delete the tab, create the new one and go into the forums again it's fine. But no cookies have been deleted and I haven't been logged out or anything.

I'm using IE, so it's affecting everybody. That means it's a server issue, not a specific internet browser.

And the servers will be checked soon. The tech team is on vacation for a few more days, so yeah.

I just received an page unavailable error when i clicked on the "forums" button
I dont think its a coincidence its occured striaght after the redesign of the front page

^
You mean a 503?
Lately they've been popping up.
I think the Tech team is away, but they'll be around soon I heard.

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom