• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Found the original dub version of Mandarin Island Miss Match!

darksteel6

Reaction score
So I was posting on the Lost Media Wiki on a thread for rare WB airings of Beauty and the Beach, someone managed to find one and said they got it from some obscure website. On a whim I asked them if they also had the original dub version "Mandarin Island Miss Match"(for those who don't know this episode had like 25-30 seconds removed after it's original airing on Kids WB airing due to featuring a close-up of Prima/Lorelai's cleavage, this edit was present in all future airings and home releases with the exception of older Australian DVDs) and to my delight someone replied that they did have in fact it(and it's a nice rip from one of those Region 4 DVDs)!

P.S. funny thing is this scene got censored in Japan after it's first airing as well, the dialogue was kept in but the cleavage was cropped out quite a bit in all future airings and JP home releases, so the English home video version is actually more uncut then the JP one as it features the full shot of Prima's cleavage that was only present in the premiere airing.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was posting on the Lost Media Wiki on a thread for rare WB airings of Beauty and the Beach, someone managed to find one and said they got it from some obscure website. On a whim I asked them if they also had the original dub version "Mandarin Island Miss Match"(for those who don't know this episode had like 25-30 seconds removed after it's original airing on Kids WB airing due to featuring a close-up of Prima/Lorelai's cleavage, this edit was present in all future airings and home releases with the exception of older Australian DVDs) and to my delight someone replied that they did have in fact it(and it's a nice rip from one of those Region 4 DVDs)!

P.S. funny thing is this scene got censored in Japan after it's first airing as well, the dialogue was kept in but the cleavage was cropped out quite a bit in all future airings and JP home releases, so the English home video version is actually more uncut then the JP one as it features the full shot of Prima's cleavage that was only present in the premiere airing.
Tell dogasu about this!

I'm excited to see dogasus comparison on this "controversial" episode.

can't wait for his comparison about the episode. It's a episode he's never done a comparison for so i'm pretty curious about how different everything is.

The censhorship on this episode is so all over the place it'll be nice to finally have all the missing pieces to understand it more easily.

The censhorship on this episode is so all over the place it'll be nice to finally have all the missing pieces to understand it more easily.
Dogasu just replied to my message earlier today so that was pretty cool, embarrassingly the link i'd initially sent him didn't work so I had to fix that.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom