• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD just ...

Shortly before Christmas, an American DVD release of the fourteenth movie pair "Black—Victini and Reshiram" and "White—Victini and Zekrom" was announced. Now, listings have appeared on UK retailer Play.com, giving the UK a DVD release date of April 9—only 6 days after the United States.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.

Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

sadly we in south africa is NEVER going to get the DVD's... *cries*

My favorite movie is Jirachi Wishmaker! ^^

I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.

It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once

It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once
Due to the different regions, censorship and video formats, they couldn't release the same DVD in the UK and the US even if they wanted to.

Wow. I am so excited for this. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Due to the different regions, censorship and video formats, they couldn't release the same DVD in the UK and the US even if they wanted to.
Unless they wanted to hold back the US release, which I highly doubt they would want to do.

The problem is, to release something in the UK, they need PAL masters to be made (or already available), then they need the BBFC to certify the material, then they need to print that certification on all the discs and cover art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom