• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fourth trainer leaving for New Island

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
So maybe there has been a thread about this before, but I was surprised to find out I never really heard about this, and now it has me intrigued.

So as many of you will know, in Mewtwo Strikes Back, other Trainers besides Ash, Misty and Brock leave for New Island where Mewtwo waits for them. There's Corey and Neesha (who were also reused in the opening of I Choose You!) and Fergus, who make it to New Island and welcome Ash and his friends as they got there first.

But, it turns out there was a fourth Trainer, who left for the island on her Fearow. She is seen leaving the pier, but was never seen again afterwards. In this picture she's on the right, in the pink top, with the yellow hair:
Fourth_Trainer.png
And here she is leaving on her Fearow:
Female_Trainer_M01_Fearow.png
So perhaps she went off in the storm to be never seen again. Or that pier guard and Officer Jenny managed to rescue her despite the storm going on. In any case, I wonder what the idea behind her was. Maybe she really was supposed to be a fourth Trainer but the writers simply forgot about her. Or perhaps she was just set to be an example of other, less skilled Trainers trying to make it to New Island and failing.

Probably that. I find it disturbing that she isn't seen in the ending.
Speaking of that:
Old_Shore_Wharf_crowd_comparison.png
You're right. Corey, Neesha and Fergus are in the exact same spot but the fourth Trainer is nowhere to be seen. Maybe she just continued on her journey after failing to make it as the rest of the crowd is different too, but it's still interesting that she's completely absent.

I agree I think it is about being a less-skilled trainer. Yet again this is an example where Pokemon is family friendly. I doubt they would've made this sinister (unless it's for Ghost-type episodes/movies :p).

Another reason of why she is absent could be because she had an “accident” during the trip and was either forced to retire or she needed to be rescued. And since the local Pokémon Center was unavailable due to Nurse Joy being missing, there is a chance that she was forced to take her Pokémon to another Pokémon Center or something.

This is just a theory like any other, of course.

Good point. I think that there is a myriad of theories to consider but I didn't pick up on that Neo. I always like to notice mistakes in everything! Thank you for letting us all know. It is a very interesting conundrum because the actual answer could be sinister or really just simple.

Maybe her Fearow got tiered when trying to get the island due to the strong wild winds and they fell to the ocean. They tried to get back to safety but due to how powerful the ocean is at the moment, they couldn't reach land and drowned before rescue is able to reach them.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom