• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

frankenstomp's frankenarts

frankenstomp

ojisan atsume
Reaction score
Hi! I'm an experimental instrument maker and amateur surf rock musician, but in my spare time I draw Pokémon fanart.
Mostly the trainers though, since I'm no good at drawing animals or pokémon. Hopefully one day I'll get into the practice of drawing them (I'm planning on one day starting that "draw one entry of the pokédex every day" challenge, but first I need to finish college and do all that real adult life stuff) but until then I'll probably just keep drawing humans.

Since I quickly get dissatisfied with the quality of my work, I'll just post the [second] most recent thing I've drawn.

The other day, I drew another picture of Acerola and Nanu, to celebrate their arrival in SM073:

3E8860DE-2F9A-4EB2-9A26-6641D07BB4AC.jpeg

Anyway, it's probably easy to guess who my favorite characters at the moment are.

Man, this entry sure got rambly. Sorry, I haven't slept in thirty hours and it's finals season.
(Also if I've embedded images wrong, please let me know, I'm not used to this forum software.)

Last edited:
art posting
....And I'm back on the forums after forgetting my login for a month, lol

tumblr_p9l64eXn3i1vmauezo1_640.jpg
I drew this for a friend's birthday! With the shading, I was kind of trying to emulate a style I'd seen fleetingly online, kind of an Ivan Bilibin-esque aping or something. Ah well.

tumblr_p9snoqEXNZ1vmauezo1_1280.jpg
A parody of that iconic scene from My Neighbor Totoro. This actually got featured on Bulbagarden's tumblr, which I was pleasantly surprised by (and grateful for)! Rendering took forever; I think I'll have to do more studies of plants next time I'm out and about with a sketchbook.

A short remix-y thing I did of Nanu's theme and a little looping animation to go with it. I am never animating again.

tumblr_pb0taxxEyO1vmauezo1_1280.jpg
Yes I Know It's Not Christmas
My friend did a playthrough of The Darkside Detective and I decided to redraw the end scene of the Christmas episode for fun. It's a really fun little point and click puzzle game; the two main characters kind of remind me of Nanu and Looker, but maybe a bit goofier. I've always been a sucker for buddy-cop adventures and stuff like The X-Files.

tumblr_pb6euiEwmJ1vmauezo1_540.gif

EMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY: HELLSHAKE NANU
Remember how I said I was never animating again? I lied.
(yes it's terrible looking on purpose; it's based on the animation from this music video)

...I slammed the "watch thread" button so fast I think my finger broke. Your style is just lovely, and I couldn't be happier to see art of those three ;~; Oh and I can see the Bilibin influence in the Tapu Bulu one!

art posting 2
Wow! I keep forgetting to post things, but also I have a job now (with a 2 hour commute each way) that eats up all my time to draw or really go online... I love being a real adult with taxes and electric bills sometimes. Really. Anyway, here's some more art.

On Twitter, there's this hashtag challenge where you draw a character in 60 minutes:
#ポケモントレーナー版深夜の真剣お絵描き60分一本勝負
It was fun, even though my tablet's pen pressure wasn't working at all.
hourdraw.png

A comic idea I had rattling around in my head for a really long time. I am never drawing hands again (except actually I really like drawing hands).
Also, it got featured on Bulbagarden's Tumblr! That was super cool and I feel so honored to be on y'all's page.
food comic1.jpg

food comic2.jpg

food comic3.jpg

food comic4.jpg

Omake:
for the love of god please help me.png

And finally, here's something I drew to celebrate Nanu and Acerola coming back to the anime. (Can you see a trend with my art? Actually don't answer that question, I know I have terminal anime waifu syndrome)
lets go.png

(clenches fist) I just love everyone who lives on Ula'Ula island... so much... (and the folks in the International Police too. Nanu, belonging to both of these groups, is naturally my favorite character ever.)

There's a bunch of other stuff I drew but it's all super NSFW and also highly cursed/immoral, so I'm definitely not posting it here or anywhere that anybody outside of my little circle of "[Redacted Bad Pokémon Ship]" friends can see.

Last edited:
art posting 3
Here with more Ula'ula biased art (and by Ula'ula, I mean Nanu and Acerola. I'll draw Guzma any day now...)

I illustrated tumblr blog ilovenanu's post. (mild Pokemon anime spoilers) Really, I just wanted an excuse to draw Nanu getting slapped in the face with a sandal.
Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 4.42.09 PM.png

prayersmall.png

Meanwhile, I completely forgot how to draw Looker and decided to try to fix that.
its the second stage of updog.png

Nanu's got a terminal case of updog.

This is just a joke from Black Jack chapter 50 that I got too invested in illustrating...
"Looker meets Acerola for the first time"
wife1.png

wife2.png

wife3.png

wife4.png

Looker is trying his best...

Finally, I decided to rewatch Léon and... all I could think about was Nanu and Acerola (like every single other waking moment of my life /s)
Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 3.55.27 AM.png

It's fun to try to design an alternate outfit while keeping to the spirit of their original clothes.

Thanks for reading! Sorry I only draw three characters ever. :')

Back
Top Bottom