• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Free Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We all love entertainment, but not all of us are exactly swimming in cash, so freebies are always welcome. Thankfully, some resources already have free entertainment available a click away! So, if you know of any of these sites (or by any chance a physical place), feel free to share them.

I will start with two different sites.

First is Books Should be Free, which includes a library of over 3000 free domain titles in both audiobook and ebook format. My only complaint is that the computer E-book version comes in the .txt format, making it hard to read, but a simple add-on called "Readability" (available on Firefox, not sure about other browsers) solves the issue for me, rendering the e-book in a comfortable and easily readable layout.

Then there is Classical Connect, composed of a variety of classical music recorded and uploaded by a myriad of generous souls. It's a little trickier to navigate, since you need to register, but the process is quick and completely free. The record's quality isn't perfect, but it's pretty nice and, well, it's free, so it's a perfect opportunity to listen to some classical music.

Now, what about you guys?

Mod Note: This is for legal freebies ONLY! Any linkage to illegal downloads will be removed AND infracted. If you are unsure, don't post, or feel free to PM me about it.

Hey, I can contribute to this one!

I'm surprised you didn't mention Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine. It's basically a site dedicated to public domain music, video, audio and literature. Some bands (particularly jam bands like Phish and Grateful Dead) allow their live shows to be filmed and distributed freely, so you can find pretty much any Grateful Dead show on there along with quite a few other bands. It also includes things that have fallen into public domain due to their copyrights expiring, as well as things that were written and recorded specifically for public domain.

Another one for the book-lovers here is Project Gutenberg, offering over 40,000 free (mostly public domain; the rest have been granted permission) ebooks in plenty of formats (plain text where possible but often HTML, PDF, EPUB, MOBI and Plucker). I've used it plenty of times to get ebooks onto my Kindle.

Of course these free games tend to be shorter and have poorer graphics than the ones made by large companies, but I'm pretty sure they might still be fun - it's not that rare to find some with surprising quality standards.

Cave Story is one of the best games I've ever played.

Here's a link for the The Free Bundle. There's only a day left for the current one.

You can download the games individually.

Last edited:
Dota 2 is pretty good especially when you play with your friends with a mic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom