• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

from a not-so-experienced fan, all-time worst moments in pokeani?

Ash's loss in the Sinnoh League. Absolutely insulting to the audience.
I mean at least Ash lost knowing he was the only person to take out 2 of Tobias's pokemon when no one else in that league could even beat his first. I say overall Ash's Unova and Kalos league losses are more insulting.

Last edited:
I mean at least Ash lost knowing he was the only person to 2 of Tobias's pokemon when no one else in that league could even beat his first. I say overall Ash's Unova and Kalos league losses are more insulting.
Tobias' existence in the first place was absurd and contrived.

That one episode with Team Rocket getting fat is my least favorite episode of DP because of that. Jessie looked pregnant.
That is a large part of why the trope creeps me out and I absolutely hate it when the writers decide to make Ash or Goh look like they are nine months pregnant.

I get the impression they think its somehow funny but it just isn't. It really makes me wonder about the writers sometimes.

Ash's loss in the Sinnoh League. Absolutely insulting to the audience.
I’d say Ash being de-facto the second most powerful trainer to enter that league is better than whatever mess Unova was…
I won’t deny Tobias was convoluted but Unova’s battles at points were pretty insulting to the audience.

That is a large part of why the trope creeps me out and I absolutely hate it when the writers decide to make Ash or Goh look like they are nine months pregnant.

I get the impression they think its somehow funny but it just isn't. It really makes me wonder about the writers sometimes.
I don’t really like the trope but to be fair on the writers, it’s hardly exclusive to Pokémon. Most children’s shows tend to spam the trope a LOT, and as far as I remember (haven’t watched the recent episodes, going off from my experience as a kid 5-7 years ago) Pokémon is actually pretty conservative on it compared to some other cartoons.

Lilie's whole arc:

She is traumatized to touch pokémon because Sauboh was doing some kind of secret tests on Ultra Holes and Lilie was there for some reason.
Sauboh erased Lilie's memories to save his own skin, probably the real reason why Lilie traumatized so much by a random Nihilego encounter.
Gladio abandoned both her and their mother because Sauboh told him that Lusamine is responsible for what happened to Lilie, and Gladio believed some creepy looking dude instead of his own family.
Writers can't decide on whether Lusamine is a mother too much involved in Lilie's life, or whether she's too busy because of the work and can't interact with Lilie.
Learning that Lilie's memories are coming back, Sauboh decides to kidnap her and erase her memories again. Even Team Rocket thought he's going too far and abandoned him. Yet, after everything he done so far, they invited him to Kukui's wedding! There was no real comeuppance other than some alleged downgrade.
They're now on a quest to find Lilie's father, by following a beam of light that somehow show them where he is. And guess what, they follow it by a train!

Yet, after everything he done so far, they invited him to Kukui's wedding! There was no real comeuppance other than some alleged downgrade.
i have.... MANY thoughts on the aether arc but i honestly admittedly can't really bring myself to say i truly hate it in spite of that. this, however, is one of my biggest issues. also i know you mean him being demoted by downgrade but the thing is? after this point the bastard pretty much just becomes comedy relief as if he didn't fuckin cause lillie's trauma. i will also never be over the fact that THEY LET HIM SHOW UP TO TEACH. LIKE THE EP ITSELF IS JUST WACKY SHENANIGANS BUT WHY DID THEY LET HIM TEACH I WILL NEVER BE OVER THAT WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL.

Gladio abandoned both her and their mother because Sauboh told him that Lusamine is responsible for what happened to Lilie, and Gladio believed some creepy looking dude instead of his own family.
also, i don't remember that being established anywhere? i mean i remember gladion assuming that lusamine knew about all that ultra wormhole bullshit but i don't remember faba telling him anything

Writers can't decide on whether Lusamine is a mother too much involved in Lilie's life, or whether she's too busy because of the work and can't interact with Lilie.
ok ok last part i promise. anyway as someone who found some of lusamine's behavior hitting EXTREMELY close to home, dear god the way they just. listen maybe i'm kinda biased cause vague gameverse gesturing but dear god i cannot see her as a good person. anyway yeah i'm no good with words but i think i vaguely remember that second part being some common family movie trope and the fact that they reduced it all to THAT is just. holy shit.

anyway never get me started on the aether arc again because it WILL lead to more tangents like this. or do i fuckin love talking about it

i will also never be over the fact that THEY LET HIM SHOW UP TO TEACH. LIKE THE EP ITSELF IS JUST WACKY SHENANIGANS BUT WHY DID THEY LET HIM TEACH I WILL NEVER BE OVER THAT WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL.
"Hey kids, do you remember the scientist that traumatized Lilie by one of his machines? He's here now to show you another one of his machines!"

also, i don't remember that being established anywhere? i mean i remember gladion assuming that lusamine knew about all that ultra wormhole bullshit but i don't remember faba telling him anything
Don't remember which episode established that, but he was lying to Gladio about their mother's involvement and knowledge about these events. Only after episode that 49 Gladio learned that his mother didn't know anything.

Faba being invited to the wedding will always be one of the biggest wtf moments in the anime for me lmao like...I get they wanted him to stick around so he could be ~redeemed~ or whatever but Kukui and Burnet actually WANTING him there was just weird lol
Kukui and Burnet seem like rather forgiving people. They aren't the type of folks that will hold grudges even when it would be justified.

ok @ the current conversation. this is actually tempting me to go and make a separate faba hate thread or something like that. but god yeah they really did go "yeah faba's not evil now source dude trust us" huh.

Oh absolutely, and I love Kukui and Burnet, don't get me wrong. But if it were my wedding there's no way in hell Faba would have been allowed to attend :p
shrugs

On an occasion like this, as counterintuitive as it sounds, it might actually be better to keep somebody you don't like, ESPECIALLY somebody like Faba or the TRio, within eyesight as much as possible. If they hadn't invited Faba then the guy would be hanging out in offscreenland doing Arceus knows what whereas by having him there they could be better prepared to react if he tried any stunts.

Faba might be a villain, but honestly its not like he would have deliberately sabotaged the wedding if he was there.

Last edited:
Ash losing in the final battle of the Kalos League to Alain, on a type matchup that he should have won, with some of the biggest hype and momentum ever on the series.
The SM artstyle was bad too (but that's just my opinion), but the real bad part about it is that it wasn't like XY(Z) at all in that it was more slice-of-life than XYZ, which was shonen, and shonen fit way more.
Sorry, I tend to hate on Alola/SM a bit too much, I get that people love it for perfectly valid reasons too :3
Actually my fav. series are the SM, but yea, like you already said, it's kinda... b o r e d.
I skipped several episodes because it's repeating too much.
≧◇≦

ok @ the current conversation. this is actually tempting me to go and make a separate faba hate thread or something like that. but god yeah they really did go "yeah faba's not evil now source dude trust us" huh.
I don't think a new thread is necessary considering he's old news now.

On an occasion like this, as counterintuitive as it sounds, it might actually be better to keep somebody you don't like, ESPECIALLY somebody like Faba or the TRio, within eyesight as much as possible. If they hadn't invited Faba then the guy would be hanging out in offscreenland doing Arceus knows what whereas by having him there they could be better prepared to react if he tried any stunts.
They could arrest him?

I don't think a new thread is necessary considering he's old news now.

They could arrest him?
But they didn't, for whatever reason.

The justice system in that world seems non-existent. FFS literal terrorist groups wearing easily identifiable uniforms are regularly trying to awaken or capture dangerous god-like beings to carry out various world-ending stunts and yet it doesn't seem like convicts get put behind bars for very long in the Pokemon universe. I mean, on planet Earth that Viren would likely have been put behind bars for years if not decades because of his actions putting the lives of children in danger but it seems as if he was only incarcerated for a few weeks at the very most.

Honestly all of Ash's league losses after AG pushed the envelope for me
  • Tobias came and went out of thin air, breaking the worldbuilding and internal logic
  • Ash vs Cameron was just painful to watch
  • They kept hyping up Ash's victory over Alain but never delivered on it

No idea why it took him so long to win one. They went so far to adhere to the status quo. It's baffling because you can easily write around it

Oh absolutely, and I love Kukui and Burnet, don't get me wrong. But if it were my wedding there's no way in hell Faba would have been allowed to attend :p
Dude's a creep. Aaaand to add insult to injury he uses what might just be the creepiest Pokemon ever, Hypno. I guess it's the perfect Pokemon for him though. Creepy Pokemon for creepy dude.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom