• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

From an out of universe standpoint, why do you think Ash won the Alola league?

Ah let’s see. I think it’s out of question that they did not have his win planned from the start considering how more comedic and less battle-oriented Sun & Moon was. Some people even thought they were going to drop the concept of Ash doing the Island Challenge half way into the series.

They must certainly have known Ash was going to win when they started planning for PM2019. Which if we look at the production schedule. I suspect they start writing for a New Series a year before it begins. If we look at XY, Alexa appeared in DA! in July 2013. And since an episode is worked on 9 Months before it airs. They must have had some premise of the XY Series planned out in October 2012 when the Alexa episode was in the works.

So we use the same schedule for PM2019 which might have been in the works in November 2018 then they must have known at least that Ash would win when the third and final year started. And the episode in which Kukui announces that The Winner will face Masked Royale aired in May or June I believe. So it means it was written around September or October 2018. So certainly they knew he was going to win when the final year started airing and the time slot change happened to Sundays for sure.

I will admit that while I loved Sun and Moon so much and enjoyed the entirety of the series so much, the league was so underwhelming compared to my expectations.

The possibility of Ash winning was not something I necessarily had predicted would definitely happen, since I thought that perhaps he'd be taken out by someone else and respectfully leave and become a spectator, but I knew it was definitely a possibility. I wasn't expecting him to win everything so quickly, there wasn't as much challenge or suspense as I was hoping to see, because I felt that some of the battles previous to the final stage were better.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom