• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

From which country are you from?

Texas is massive, and its geography and climate are varied. I'm from the Hill Country in Central Texas, which has lots of rolling hills and lush vegetation but it very humid. There's the scrub and desert out near Fort Stockton and El Paso, the Great Plains up near Dallas where you get a lot of tornadoes, the muggy Piney Woods out near Louisiana, the Gulf Coast, the Rio Grande Valley, the Trans-Pecos, etc.

SoCal is nice but expensive. Can't complain about the weather. LA is vibrant and Long Beach is nice. I try to avoid Orange County.
Ahhh.....you've made Texas seem so grand and adventurous. Makes me want to travel even more. It's just....so boring where I live. There is literally nothing in my town.

I've heard its expensive to live in California, the weather makes it worth it though, right?

As long as there's a water source nearby I can swim in, heat doesn't bother me in the slightest. Growing up in the ocean state, I've been swimming since I was little.

- Yes, just like the cold doesn't bother me, since there aren't any really cold days where I live. Anyway, good luck swimming all day.

- Yes, just like the cold doesn't bother me, since there aren't any really cold days where I live. Anyway, good luck swimming all day.
Oh, I can stay in the water for hours given the chance. As long as its not murky water. Another great thing about RI. There's a lot of that here. Seaweed too. I hate both. Not to mention the water's only good to swim in during Summer here, which is waaaay to short at just three months.

Last edited:
What's it like living there BTW?
Nice, but I can't understand people, and people can't understand me, thanks to the language barrier, I can't speak my mother tongue well.
Is it as nice as the pictures I've seen and the things
Yes, although I live in the urban areas so I can't really tell. But it's nice.
What's the water and the beaches like?
The beaches I've been to are rocky, not sandy, and the sea is itchy when you swim in it for two long.
But it's nice here, I have no reason to leave.

What's it like living in Kansas? :bulbaWave: (I've never been.)
Well, there is a lot of space, especiallly in rural Kansas. Before i continue i would like to clarify a thing or two; technically i live 11 mile outside Great Bend, when i first arrived in great bend that the streets aren't as narrow as the ones i was used to back east. It can get a bit lonely/boring (if i want to do anything in town that means going 10-11 miles to do so ). There are probably other things i could mention but i'll get to that another thme. What's it living in Rhode Island.?

I live in the United States, on the east coast. Kind of a fun fact about me is that I’ve lived in large metropolitan areas for almost my entire life, so I’m never far away from a major US city. New York City, for instance, is somewhere that I’ve lived for a good while. I’ve also lived in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for quite some time, too. So you could call me kind of a city person at heart, haha. Both NYC and DC are lovely cities, by the way, even with their little quirks and troubles. And I enjoy being able to say that I’ve visited several famous places there as a resident, not just as a tourist. Not that there’s anything wrong with the latter, though; come and visit one day! (Just bring a coat — or two, or three — if you want to visit NYC in the wintertime, haha.)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom