• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Froslass and Milotic art

• Thread starter Deleted member 83937
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 83937

Here are my take on Pokémon in their natural environment.

First Froslass:
froslass_by_lieutenant_surge-d5ls55s.png

Froslass' behavior is somewhat reminiscent to that of the Yuki-onna in Japanese mythology, since it will wander around snowstorms or blizzards to find unsuspecting humans and prey and will attack by freezing them into solid ice. They are said to secretly put the frozen corpses of their victims on display. Froslass are also very caring and will protect those who she loves and trusts, especially their young.

Second Milotic:
_350_milotic_by_lieutenant_surge-d7osntn.png

Milotic is said to be the most beautiful of all Pokémon. When there are fights going on, it has the power to calm angry feelings and end arguments by releasing a wave of energy.

Any feedback to improve would be nice, and I know the Froslass is a little off with regards to the umbrella but it was my first time jumping back into Photoshop for a long long time.

source: lieutenant-surge - DeviantArt (my page)

These are really cool!! The only little problem in the first picture is the umbrella, but you already knew that. What did you do to make those water reflections on Milotic?

I use Photoshop not sure if other editing software has a similar thing.

Going from memory I believe I added a new layer. Filter > Render > Clouds. Can't remember if I spammed it two or 3 times, not on pc so can't double check.

Then Ctrl + L to edit the levels. You basically want a black background with white lines (just invert it afterwards if it is wrong way around) play until you get the effect you want.

Set it to screen (I think) lower the opacity if needed, and use a clipping mask to hide the excess you don't want/need.

hope this helps.

Wow these are great! Really like the foliage looking stuff at the bottom of the Milotic pic. Very nice detail.

Beautiful work! :) If anything the structure of Froslass could be improved upon, Froslass's body should be smaller than the head for example. But I adore the concept!

I use Photoshop not sure if other editing software has a similar thing.

Going from memory I believe I added a new layer. Filter > Render > Clouds. Can't remember if I spammed it two or 3 times, not on pc so can't double check.

Then Ctrl + L to edit the levels. You basically want a black background with white lines (just invert it afterwards if it is wrong way around) play until you get the effect you want.

Set it to screen (I think) lower the opacity if needed, and use a clipping mask to hide the excess you don't want/need.

hope this helps.

Ahh I see! I'm going to teach myself sooner or later to draw with a tablet and I will definitely keep your advice in mind! Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom