• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia - Endgame: That's the Last Strawberry! (Vegetable Victory) 29/01/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Elie in Night 3, there were two vanilla claims. I can assume it's from you and Kakashi.

As for my ITP claim, I'm pretty much confirmed as ITP. Since there's a Lylo situation, the game is 2 town, 1 mafia and 1 ITP. If there were 2 town and 2 Mafia, I'm pretty sure the game has ended. If there was 3 town and 1 Mafia left, it really wouldn't be lylo situation.

If you been curious as for my role, my role is passive. I am survivor and should I be killed this phase, the next day phase gets skipped.

Okay, great, you're a survivor, can you win with mafia? Because if so, why is the game still running?
The princess role has already flipped, does it not seem a little extreme to have five anti-town, 3NKs and two missing day phase potentials in one game?

I'm vanilla townie, anyway. So, our claims, ranked in my order of most to least trustworthy (IMO):

leetic (VT)
Pikochu (Survivor)
Kakashi Hatake (Item Giver)
wry_hermes (VT)

How lucky do you feel wry? Are you going to risk the game to test it? It is also worth noting that should I have been NK, the next night phase gets skipped. However, I foresee a Night 4 coming up given the situation this game is in.

It seems that you know something that you shouldn't know.

How lucky do you feel wry? Are you going to risk the game to test it? It is also worth noting that should I have been NK, the next night phase gets skipped. However, I foresee a Night 4 coming up given the situation this game is in.

It seems that you know something that you shouldn't know.

And what, exactly, is that?

If you're really the survivor, team with the last mafia, you equal town left and you know your teammates, plus you have the kill. Why is the game still going?

Because there's two town members, one ITP and one Mafia left. Like I said earlier, it can easily be deduced that I'm confirmed ITP. Leetic is confirmed town for me, which leaves you and Kakashi.

Because there's two town members, one ITP and one Mafia left. Like I said earlier, it can easily be deduced that I'm confirmed ITP. Leetic is confirmed town for me, which leaves you and Kakashi.

Where is that setup confirmed? If you're an ITP, the last mafia needs to claim so we can all go home. Why are you even trying to town side at this stage?

Why I'm trying town side at this stage? Because it would be faster for me to achieve my win condition also.

And like I said, since there are four players and I'm the ITP, that means 3 are either scum or town. Since the game isn't over, there's two townies and one Mafia. Of course, one of you three could be Mafia.

And I agree, Mafia should come out and confess.

Day 4 Quarter 1 Vote Tally

TargetVotesVoters
@ZexyDeadDied Night 2
@TheCapsFanDeadDied Night 2
@SlifeDeadDied Night 1
@KyriakiDeadDied Night 3
@IGNDeadDied Night 3
@Pikochu1wry_hermes
@leetic0-
@Pinball WizardDeadDied Night 1
@wry_hermes2Leetic, Pikochu
@Kakashi Hatake0-
@NoivernDeadDied Day 3
@EliesonDeadDied Night 3
@Etrian OddityDeadLynched Day 1
@dylanpieraDeadDied Day 3
@Maniacal EngineerDeadDied Night 0
@AussieEeveeDeadLynched Day 2

ATTENTION: Hammer vote systems are active! 3 votes against the same player will end the phase early.

Well looks like no one being dissuaded, i'll throw my hammer vote Vote: Wry_hermes

Endgame: That's the Last Strawberry! (Vegetable Victory)

Endgame: That's the Last Strawberry! (Vegetable Victory)

For the final thyme, the fruits attempted to weed out the remaining mafioso.
There were accusations flying, desperate claims, and counterclaims.
Watching the chaos, the last of the vegetables smiled at the confusion he had sown. He was now reaping the benefits of his efforts and would be rewarded with a bountiful harvest.

With three votes against her, the Strawberry was placed onto the chopping block. She did not go out quietly. She yelled at the other players, milking the moment for all it was worth. Nonetheless, her fate was sealed with no chances for an appeel.

Dear wry_hermes,

Animal-memes-bear-strawberry.jpg

Lt. Commander Philip Francis Queeg said:
I suppose you're wondering why I called this meeting. As you all know by now, we had an excellent dessert for dinner tonight, ice cream and frozen strawberries. About an hour ago, I, I sent Whitaker to the pantry to bring me another portion. He came back with the ice cream, alright, but he said, 'sir, there ain't no more strawberries.'

You are the Strawberry. You are a rather seedy character, but most people find you to be berry sweet. You blend in well with your fellow fruits and are certainly popular among your pears. As a result, you know a lot of juicy secrets about your friends.

However, you caused much trouble for the crew of the USS Caine, as their commanding officer, Lt. Commander Queeg seemed to be obsessed with you. Don't be overly disconcerted, though, the man was a bit of an oddball, and ended up being relieved of duty. I guess you can't have your strawberry shortcake and eat it too.

You are one of the more flavorful characters in this game, but unfortunately, taste doesn't count for much in terms of abilities. Because of that and the fact that strawberry is also an ice cream flavor, you are Vanilla which means that you have no special abilities or powers besides your vote. Use it well.

You are allied with the Fantastic Fruits and win when the Villainous Vegetables have been sliced and diced.
wry_hermes was lynched. She was the Strawberry, allied with the Fantastic Fruits.

"No..." gasped the last remaining fruit, "what have I done?!"
"You've ensured my victory!" sneered the evil vegetable, "and now it is time for you to die as well!"

The fruit ran over to his work bench, desperately scrambling to grab one of his inventions, but they all slipped from his grasp, and he was left grasping at straws as the vegetable approached.
The last fruit was hacked to bits, leaving behind nothing but a bunch of worthless machines and a half empty bottle of vodka.

Dear Kakashi Hatake,

wise-words-from-orange_o_1159279.jpg

Fred Allen said:
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange.

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

You are the orange! You have a slight drinking problem, and your friends may find you slightly annoying at times, but you don't let that bother you. You are a mad scientist and a genius, and you revel in your eccentricities. You create many interesting contraptions that can help your friends, which is probably why they find you appealing.

When orange juice and vodka are combined, the result is a Screwdriver. As such you are the Inventor. You have invented the following items:

Bulletproof Peel:
This peel is made out of the latest in bulletproof materials. However, it is useless if simply held. Consumed on use.
TM09 Bullet Seed:
Bullets made from Recycled seeds. They are completely harmless without a gun, however. Consumed on use.
Potato Gun:
A weapon made from potatoes. It is capable of firing small projectiles at fast velocities. It appears to be unloaded, however. Consumed on use.
Corn Cob Pipe:
A device made from the husks of a fallen corn stalk. Perhaps capable of sending smoke signals to someone.
Juicer:
A mechanical device capable of checking whether or not someone is capable of producing juice. It is somewhat fragile and only has two uses, however.

You may not use these items yourself, rather you must pass them to people in order for them to be used. You may pass only one item per person, but you may pass as many of the items as you want at a time.

You are allied with the Fantastic Fruits and win when the Villainous Vegetables have been sliced and diced.
Kakashi Hatake was murdered. He was the Orange, allied with the Fantastic Fruits.

The vegetable then turned he gaze on the last player, who was attempting to hide behind the fruit bowl.
"I have no beef with you," said the vegetable, "I've weeded out all the fruits, so you are free to go."

Dear Pikochu,

if-you-had-to-choose-between-losing-weight-and-chocolate.jpg

Jo Brand said:
“Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.”

What it is that most people other than AussieEevee love? That's right, chocolate! You are chocolate! Wait, wasn't this a fruit bowl mafia?

Well, it just so happens that you can be combined with fruit, and even nuts. You will always be around, as no one wants to outlaw chocolate... There would be a public outrage!

As such, you are the independent survivor. You win if you are still alive by the end of the game.

BUT if you are killed, you provide a penalty to the side that killed you.
If you are killed in a lynch, you will prevent a lynch in the following day.
If you are killed in a nightkill, you will prevent the nightkill in the following night.
Pikochu has won the game! He was chocolate, the Independent Survivor.

"But you," asked the chocolate, "who are you?"

"I am the greatest vegetable of all times!" exclaimed the vegetable.

Dear leetic,

Favim.com-25159.jpg

Will Rogers said:
An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh.

You are the Onion, a villain from the Richie Rich series with terrible breath. You are a member of the Vegetable Mafia, and your preferred method of killing is slicing and dicing.
Though you are often rather quiet, there is a hidden depth to you, concealed in your many layers. In fact, the Ancient Egyptians worshipped you and believed that your spherical shape and concentric circles symbolized eternity. Because of this, many onions were buried in the tombs of the Pharaohs, to bring them prosperity in the afterlife. The Ancient Greeks believed that onions could make people stronger, which means that you were used as steroids in the very first Olympic Games. Additionally, during the Dark Ages, people used onions as currency for rent, goods and services, and even as gifts! Lastly, before earning its nickname The Big Apple, New York City was originally going to be called The Big Onion, because it is the kinda of city where you can keep peeling off layers while never reaching the core. Basically, you've secretly been running the world for thousands of years, making you the true Illuminati.

When trying to get what you want, you can be very sweet, but at other times you are truly a rapscallion, tearing about and causing mischief, along with your fellow mafiosos.

Your mere presence causes people to burst into tears, and your horrible stench is so overpowering that it takes the words right out of people's mouths. As such, you are the Silencer. Every night, you may PM the hosts a player's name, and that person will be silenced the following phase.

You are allied with the Villainous Vegetables and win when the Fantastic Fruits have been sliced and diced or this is unavoidable.
leetic has won the game! He was the Onion, allied with the Villainous Vegetables!

Suddenly, the kitchen door was flung open. Maniacal Engineer stumbled in, bogged down by the weight of several grocery bags.
He walked over to the fruit bowl, and emptied the contents of the bags into the bowl.
The slovenly engineer then grabbed the half empty bottle of vodka and walked out of the room.

"NOOOOOOOO!" exclaimed the Onion.

To be continued...

Last edited:
I hope you all had a good time playing this game and enjoyed the delicious flavor text.

I'd like to thank you all for playing and thank AussieEevee, my cohost, as well as Rainbow Cloud, for providing the banner, and Soulmaster, for performing a balance check at the beginning of the game and for his advice during the game.

My thoughts and comments will be coming shortly, but in the meantime, here are the links to the various QTs for your amusement:

Fruit Bowl Mafia - Host QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Fruit Bowl Mafia - Flavour text thread - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Fruit Bowl Mafia - Villainous Vegetables - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Fruit Bowl Mafia - Compost Pile - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Wow. Well there was nothing I could do anyway, no one was being dissuaded, and I could only tie the votes at most with = Mafia win. Well played Leetic.

I'll post my thoughts on the game as soon as :)

Well, that was my first ever time playing as Mafia, and I won! Beginner's luck I guess.

Okay, so some of my thoughts:
1. dylan was Modkilled for nameclaiming in a PM. Technically, he nameclaimed to the final scum member, but...
2. If I ever do have Silencer in a future game I host, I will make sure to limit their power. At the very least, I will make sure that the Silencer cannot silence the same person twice in a row and I might make it an X-shot role.
3. There were some technical glitches with this game, since mentions were not working for some of the players. There are ways to work around this, and, hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon anyway.
4. I had WAAAAAAY too much fun writing the flavor text for this game, even if I was caught slightly unpre-peared for the last update.
5. This game also had a lot of ridiculously funny moments. My top three are:
Elieson shooting the Bomb
The players lynching AussieEevee
The crossfire between Caps and Zexy.
6. Mafia played really well this game and had a strategy that, albeit rather Trollish, worked in their flavor. Silence Elieson so he can't gather information and drive him into a reckless decision. Elieson shot the Bomb...'Nuff said.
7. Inactivity killed the Town. No questions about this one. Some of said inactivity was caused by the aforementioned mention glitch, but even so there are work arounds.

Okay. The floor is now open for your thoughts, comments, rants, and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom