• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia - Endgame: That's the Last Strawberry! (Vegetable Victory) 29/01/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW @ Serial Killer wincon being ALWAYS impossible. The role needed better balancing anyway…
Agreed. I really do apologize for this blunder, which was entirely my fault. @Soulmaster might have caught it earlier if I had given him access to the QTs instead of just sharing the setup via PM.

Silencer SHOULD be always anti-town, but whatever. There should still be no confirmation that someone was silenced. Even a “fake” warning on Elie could’ve done the trick.
Yeah, I realize now that I should have given Elie a fake warning or something... but my only thought is how would I would have handled the lack of hand off without confirming that it really was a silencer? I don't know but I will give that blunder a serious thought before Murder, She Wrote 2 is put up. I hope I can avoid this mis-steak in the future.

Also, while vanilla/goon do indeed help in balancing, voteless does not. You might as well not include the slot in the game in the first place. It also makes the game unfun for the player who gets it.
Voteless I feel has its use... I probably won't include voteless in my setups very often... if at all... because of how unfun the role is.

The wording “team” was indeed good in the OP, but bad in the wincons because of SK’s impossible one…
Sorry!

Nah, no voteless. Unless they are some indep like survivor/jester and you don't want them to mess with YLOs. The Jester in RM was voteless because of that and to prevent self-voting helping him achieve the wincon.

If you learned your mistakes from Murder She Wrote and this, MSW2's going to be ok. You asked me to help with balance once, I'm still available if you want me to. It worked out in VGM (modkills aside).

Nah, no voteless. Unless they are some indep like survivor/jester and you don't want them to mess with YLOs. The Jester in RM was voteless because of that and to prevent self-voting helping him achieve the wincon.
As I said, I'll only use the role rarely... or not at all... I can't make a flat out "never ever ever going to use voteless" because I can't predict what future games will require for balancing reasons. Your jester example is one such occasion I would use voteless.

If you learned your mistakes from Murder She Wrote and this, MSW2's going to be ok. You asked me to help with balance once, I'm still available if you want me to. It worked out in VGM (modkills aside).

You blew open the first MSW... I kinda want you to play the second one because seeing you play is not only entertaining, but it would hopefully be a good redemption for the AussieEevee-verse :p

Either way, that's at least a couple of weeks off... I may even push it back to March as I haven't started on it yet. I'll let you know what's happening.

Also, thinking back... MSW and this game were kinda broken by mod mis-steaks with trying to answer game mechanics... I think in the future I should avoid answering those unless absolutely necessary.

Also, thinking back... MSW and this game were kinda broken by mod mis-steaks with trying to answer game mechanics... I think in the future I should avoid answering those unless absolutely necessary.

Or you could just do the Jewish thing and answer the question with another question.

Alright let's talk items!

Once again, items were one of the biggest disappointments I had with this game. Of course, the Inventor was the one who created them, but because I anticipated a fast paced game, I started him out with all of the inventions. To compensate for this, I added the rule that he could not use the items himself, otherwise he wouldn't want to give any away. Because some of the items only worked in a specific combination with both items necessary for the effect to take place, I made it so that the inventor could only give 1 item per person during each phase. That way, one person could not easily acquire both items required for this combination.

Now then, let's go through each item and what their abilities/caveats are. Most are probably self-explanatory, but perhaps there are some features that are unconfirmed.

Bulletproof Peel:
This peel is made out of the latest in bulletproof materials. However, it is useless if simply held. Consumed on use.
Of course, in a fruit themed game, I could not allow a mere vest to be used to provide protection from a Night Kill. I gave the BP item a new skin, and thus the Bulletproof Peel was born. It is a 1x usage only item, and in order to use it, the person holding the item would have to PM the hosts and say Use: Bulletproof Peel or something similar. Otherwise, if they were holding the item without using it, if they got targeted by a Night Kill, they'd still die. However, in exchange for this eggstra step, this item provided complete NK protection for the entire phase. That meant that the Serial Killer, Mafia, Flying Pumpkin, and 1x Vig Shot (see below) could have all targeted this person, and if they were wearing the peel, all the kills would fail. However, if the BPP was put on and the player was not targeted, it would not be used up.

TM09 Bullet Seed:
Bullets made from Recycled seeds. They are completely harmless without a gun, however. Consumed on use.
Another plant themed item, based off of TM09 from Gen III and IV. What more appropriate ammo could one have for a fruit themed game? When combined with the Potato Gun, this item would give the holder a 1x Vig Shot. One use only.

Potato Gun:
A weapon made from potatoes. It is capable of firing small projectiles at fast velocities. It appears to be unloaded, however. Consumed on use.
Based off the concept of spud guns, i.e. weapons that people use to fire potatoes, except this gun is made from potatoes. Don't ask ME how, the Orange invented it, I didn't. In any case, this item provided a 1x Vig Shot to the holder when combined with the TM09 Bullet Seed. Because the gun is made out of a potato, it breaks after its first usage.

Corn Cob Pipe:
A device made from the husks of a fallen corn stalk. Perhaps capable of sending smoke signals to someone.
A means of sending anonymous messages to other players, either via PM or by message in the update text. Infinite usage.

Juicer:
A mechanical device capable of checking whether or not someone is capable of producing juice. It is somewhat fragile and only has two uses, however.
Ostensibly a second cop check, this device is meant to check whether or not a certain player's character is capable of producing juice. As a cop check, it is imperfect, however, since carrots can produce juice, while peanuts and chocolate cannot. Therefore, Carrot would show up as "able to produce juice," while Peanut and Chocolate would show up as "unable to produce juice." 2-shot item.

As I said, I'll only use the role rarely... or not at all... I can't make a flat out "never ever ever going to use voteless" because I can't predict what future games will require for balancing reasons. Your jester example is one such occasion I would use voteless.

You blew open the first MSW... I kinda want you to play the second one because seeing you play is not only entertaining, but it would hopefully be a good redemption for the AussieEevee-verse [emoji14]

Either way, that's at least a couple of weeks off... I may even push it back to March as I haven't started on it yet. I'll let you know what's happening.

A few suggestions for mod answering questions (default responses when you don't know if you should answer a question or not):

I can't tell you that.

:)

:3

:x

Hehe xD

Lalala

*insert gif here*

On a more serious note, for open setups, you answer all questions. For semi open, you answer all questions that would not be game breaking (don't answer questions about which roles are in play, etc.). For semi closed, you only answer questions about players' own roles and general need to know questions. For closed, you can choose to not answer any questions at all, lolololol.

@Elieson I play best in large games, where there are people around to play off of. I find it very hard to generate content by myself, and there are some tactics that I would try with players I know, but which would probably just get me lynched here :p
That said, I lurked, I sucked, I didn't push leetic enough, and was probably responsible for my own lynch. Gg scum :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom