• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia - Endgame: That's the Last Strawberry! (Vegetable Victory) 29/01/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1

Day 1: Blowing Away A Raspberry

Having pre-peared the stage, the Villainous Vegetables now committed their first major act of upheaval.
In order to sow fear into the hearts of their enemies, they began a murderous rampage, starting with an unexpected twist.

The fruits awoke to discover one of their own had been mercilessly eggstirminated during the previous evening.

Dear Maniacal Engineer,

Dark Helmet said:
Raspberry! There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry!

You are the raspberry. You contain roughly 40% of a person's daily allotment of Vitamin C, and are also slang for making a flapping noise with your tongue and mouth. Said colloquial term seems to have originated in the Cockney dialect of English, and was originally called "raspberry tart." Some genius decided to shorten it to raspberry instead of just tart.
Interestingly enough, the word "raspberry" likely originates from the French word "raspise," which means a sweet rose colored wine. What this has to do with sticking out one's tongue and making a flapping noise, I have no idea.
As part of your multiculturalism, Scotland is famous for growing raspberries and in the late 1950s, it would ship raspberries to London on a train called the Raspberry Special.
Raspberries come in four colors: red, purple, gold, or black. Unfortunately, as much as flavors would like to tell you otherwise, blue raspberry isn't a thing. I do have to wonder, though, why black raspberries aren't just blackberries, but I'm just rambling at this point.

In any case, as per your usual mafia game meta in The War Room, you are the throwaway redshirt character. You are meant to increase the drama and the steaks at the beginning of the game, and you do so in your usual manner, by dying. However, in death you become more powerful than anyone can possibly imagine and gain the powers of the Host. As such, you win if everyone has a good time and laughs at your puns. All things considered, I think that second part is an impossible win condition...

"What's this?!" demanded one fruit.
"Those nasty vegetables have killed one of us!" exclaimed another.
"I'm getting sick of these dead-beets," sighed another fruit.
"They're actually not dead yet," corrected yet another.
"Well then, let's get right to the root of the issue and deal with that, shall we?" suggested the first fruit.
"But who should be target?" asked the second fruit.

IT IS NOW DAY 1: Phase Ends 21/1/16 at 2:00am AWST

PS: Yes, I somehow managed to find a way to die on Night 0...again.

wry_hermes has not confirmed receiving her role yet. If she does not confirm within 24 hours of this update, she will be subbed out.

Last edited:
Vote: AussieEevee

Just want to see if the host is lynchable like in Video Games Mafia.

Lone

Star

who?

LONE STAR!

eggstirminated

Really?

Day 1: Blowing Away A Raspberry

Having pre-peared the stage, the Villainous Vegetables now committed their first major act of upheaval.
In order to sow fear into the hearts of their enemies, they began a murderous rampage, starting with an unexpected twist.

The fruits awoke to discover one of their own had been mercilessly eggstirminated during the previous evening.

"What's this?!" demanded one fruit.
"Those nasty vegetables have killed one of us!" exclaimed another.
"I'm getting sick of these dead-beets," sighed another fruit.
"They're actually not dead yet," corrected yet another.
"Well then, let's get right to the root of the issue and deal with that, shall we?" suggested the first fruit.
"But who should be target?" asked the second fruit.
Heh
Hehhhhhh
hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
eh
hah
lol

Hello guys! Well, it's D1, as I can tell by all the host voting and joke posts. Haven't had any good reads yet, but since the game just begun things can change. We'll see how things go.

Hello guys! Well, it's D1, as I can tell by all the host voting and joke posts. Haven't had any good reads yet, but since the game just begun things can change. We'll see how things go.
2 people have posted, making you the third.

There are literally 5 game-related posts to read, and four are roughly the length of your own.

##Unvote kakashi hatake
##Vote @leetic

Actual vote. Why do you even bother coming here to show face, if you're just gonna post a really inaccurate exaggeration (4 posts made by 2 players does not constitute more than a skim). Tell me why you're not scum just trying to look slightly more town-ish by posting something.

I am independent. NOT survivor.
I don't want to reveal the details of my role, but it's not harmful.
Now, I'll just sit here, defend myself/answer some questions if I feel like it (don't expect me to just out my full role to everyone right away) and I'll stay completely completely neutral towards everybody else. People from any faction can contact me and I may reply, but I don't intend to actually help a faction win the game.

PS: This is the very first time I do this and I'm really hyped over getting an indep role. This is how I believe one should play as indep, and you should trust me, because I've never faked this before, and I don't intend to.

We should DEFINITELY lynch Zexy. They're hyped and we should destroy that hype!

Whenever I don't show face, people assume I'm scum (see Christmas mafia D1, HP Mafia, MLP Mafia). In the latter two instances, I was wrongfully lynched while in the former, I just barely avoided it. So therefore, I decided to post more (despite having little to say) to prevent these assumptions from causing any damage to me. However, that strategy seems to be backfiring too.

We should DEFINITELY lynch Zexy. They're hyped and we should destroy that hype!
lol
what if I am Jester? :p

Seriously, one of the reasons I think claiming d1 as indep is a good idea is because I would get fearlynched/killed pretty early.

I am independent. NOT survivor.
I don't want to reveal the details of my role, but it's not harmful.
Now, I'll just sit here, defend myself/answer some questions if I feel like it (don't expect me to just out my full role to everyone right away) and I'll stay completely completely neutral towards everybody else. People from any faction can contact me and I may reply, but I don't intend to actually help a faction win the game.

PS: This is the very first time I do this and I'm really hyped over getting an indep role. This is how I believe one should play as indep, and you should trust me, because I've never faked this before, and I don't intend to.

Tell me why you don't think a hypothetical town vig will shoot you for claiming Self-Aligned [thingy]?

You should totally skype me though. If you want trust, you gotta earn it broski.

Whenever I don't show face, people assume I'm scum (see Christmas mafia D1, HP Mafia, MLP Mafia). In the latter two instances, I was wrongfully lynched while in the former, I just barely avoided it. So therefore, I decided to post more (despite having little to say) to prevent these assumptions from causing any damage to me. However, that strategy seems to be backfiring too.

We're like 2 hours into the game and you're already getting paranoid about something. This is strange. The rest of your post was actually fine...not sure why you felt the need to say that

Tell me why you don't think a hypothetical town vig will shoot you for claiming Self-Aligned [thingy]?
For the same reason town would not waste a lynch on me.
Hypothetical town vigs shooting indeps is something you debuted on this place. It wasn't a thing before, and it doesn't really need to be a thing.
You should totally skype me though. If you want trust, you gotta earn it broski.
I have no reason to contact you myself. Dunno what would make you trust me as soon as d1 (I'm not going to just claim). Whatever.
We're like 2 hours into the game and you're already getting paranoid about something. This is strange. The rest of your post was actually fine...not sure why you felt the need to say that
How many hours have been since the game began doesn't matter. As soon as I got my Role PM, I decided that my first post in d1, whenever it would take place, would be what you saw. Getting paranoid about getting killed early isn't that strange, it has become meta... I felt the need to say that so that killers would think twice before killing me, what's wrong with that?

Well, considering I have received a vote and a scumread for trying that strategy, that would be backfiring to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom