• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fuecoco Appreciation Thread

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
The other starters have them! Let's talk about this goofy little croc.

pokemon_scarlet_and_violet_fire_type_starter_fuecoco.png

Fuecoco caught my attention straight away. I like the other two as well but there's something about this one I really like.

It just occurred to me that the yellow colouring could point to it possibly becoming a Fire/Electric type when it evolves.

Fire/Ghost or Fire/Dragon also feel like possibilities.

The name is super adorable! It's a combination of fuego (fire in Spanish) and cocodrilo (crocodile also in Spanish). For now it is my third option but that doesn't mean that I don't have love for it, the next stages could give me a surprise, and honestly all the new starters are very cute, I want to hug all three of them :bulbaLove:.

How so? I mean, surely it's not coincidence that every Fire-type starter Pokemon is based on one of those animals.

How so? I mean, surely it's not coincidence that every Fire-type starter Pokemon is based on one of those animals.
I think there's a tweet or an interview somewhere where they did say it was a coincidence. Not to mention the definition of rat was being stretched by Cyndaquil.

But who knows, it's possible that Fuecoco will pull a Snivy and lose its limbs or become some kind of pepper dragon...making Charizard the odd one out. Personally I hope it just stays a crocodile or some other crocodilian.

We haven't had a Fire/Fighting starter since Gen V. I think it'd be fine to bring the typing back after this long.
Regardless of how many Generations it has been, there exists three of them - it's the most paired type combination for Fire Starters. So, let's diversify and use one of the other sixteen types in game, yeah?

Do you think it’d actually be possible to get a Fire/Dragon starter now? I know Dragon is resistant to all three starter types, but if the other two were Grass/Fairy and Water/Ice it would kinda sorta balance itself all out.

Do you think it’d actually be possible to get a Fire/Dragon starter now? I know Dragon is resistant to all three starter types, but if the other two were Grass/Fairy and Water/Ice it would kinda sorta balance itself all out.

Fire/Dragon is literally impossible. For starters, you can't make a balance with them (As you said, Dragon resists the Starter types). Fire however, resists Fairy and Ice. Which means you are basically forced making the Water and Grass starters either part Rock or part Ground, because those will be the only types (Aside from Dragon), the Fire/Dragon type will be weak against.

This may be my brain making automatic assumptions to hyperfixations, but could Fuecoco be a reference to the Capsule Monsters concept art? It looks a lot like Godzillante.

Capsule_Monsters_Godzillante_Gorillaimo.jpg
It does look a bit similar to the Godzillante, yeah. The general shape and the thing on its head are kinda similar, as is the vibe I get from its face. That said it could easily be coincidental, it'd be hard to prove that inspiration.

I'd like if they explore new typings for the hopefully returning second type. Given how close development between PLA and PSV went, in timing and possibly in ideas, I don't think they'd have made Typhlosion Fire-Ghost while planning a new Fire-Ghost starter.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom