• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fun and Games Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthesis

._.
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the Fun and Games forum and everything in it. Things like asking about game rules or asking how other users feel about specific types of games (such as counting games, picture games, etc), as well as things like suggestions for the forum are all welcome here.

Bear in mind that any posts that don't abide by the forum rules will be deleted and the user may be warned/infracted depending on the severity. However, feel free to contact any of the Moderators of the Fun and Games forum privately if you wish to.

We look forward to hearing your opinions!

3+ days and no replies? Sad.

Anywho, wish Tea in the Garden was called Random Messages again. =D

I do kind of miss the old name... but to me it doesn't really matter what it's called.

Lately in that thread I've noticed quite a bit of... I don't want to say useless, but posts that don't really pertain to anybody but the poster. Little status updates like "I'm eating a sandwich" or "I like chips." (not real posts, just examples) These posts aren't very constructive toward conversation and seem to just be fillers when people are bored.

I dunno what can/should be done about it... but I think it takes away from the fun of the thread (a thread that lies in the Fun and Games forum :p).

Yes, but randomness was used to be more fun before. Now it's just "I did this, I did that" and lots of ignoring others' posts. While within the rules, it's boring as heck and hinders the thread's activity.

That is a random thread however, if all those kinds of posts were taken away wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the thread? Its supposed to be random.

Yes, but randomness was used to be more fun before. Now it's just "I did this, I did that" and lots of ignoring others' posts. While within the rules, it's boring as heck and hinders the thread's activity.

You're both right. It's hard to draw the line between what's "boring random" and "super happy fun random."

You're both right. It's hard to draw the line between what's "boring random" and "super happy fun random."
So I'll just continue posting there the way I always do.

After a certain amount of time of being a regular in the thread what was considered "random" becomes the norm.

If you want it to be fun you gotta make it fun~ (while still abiding by the rules. :p)

TG is best thread how dare you criticise it.

I do suppose its a tad pointless to make this post but TiG has been rather dull whenever I lurked there.

Lately people have been discussing more about Pokemon Team Building rather than actually conversational topics.

I do suppose its a tad pointless to make this post but TiG has been rather dull whenever I lurked there.

Lately people have been discussing more about Pokemon Team Building rather than actually conversational topics.

Now that you mention it that's kind of true...

I don't really mind team-building stuff and I think it's fun to talk about, but there's dozens of other places you can talk about it instead of clogging up the place where it's supposed to be fun, random chatter.

TG isn't what it was originally advertised to be. Faaaar from it.

How so? I think it gives freedom to people to talk about what they want and to have a bit of fun. People can make random posts, provided they aren't just pure spam.

You're free to strike up another conversation at any time if the current topic doesn't suit your tastes ^^

Tea in the Garden was supposed to be the Random thread like Random Messages was, I find its not nearly as random as the older RM threads I posted in. I dont really understand how Tea in the Garden is supposed to be different to be honest.

TG isn't specifically a Random Messages thread though. People are free to post random messages as long as they're coherent or they contribute to the chat in some way

TG isn't specifically a Random Messages thread though. People are free to post random messages as long as they're coherent or they contribute to the chat in some way

If it's random then how is it supposed to contribute?

If it's random then how is it supposed to contribute?

They can easily be used to spark a new conversation by posting something unexpected that will catch people's attention.

How so? I think it gives freedom to people to talk about what they want and to have a bit of fun. People can make random posts, provided they aren't just pure spam.

You're free to strike up another conversation at any time if the current topic doesn't suit your tastes ^^

Tea in the Garden was supposed to be the Random thread like Random Messages was, I find its not nearly as random as the older RM threads I posted in. I dont really understand how Tea in the Garden is supposed to be different to be honest.

No offense to ya of course, but 'striking up another conversation' is rather difficult when your blocked from the thread.

That's the reason I said it was a tad pointless to make my critique.

The advice can be read by other people who can post in TiG and they'll consider it if they wish to, so I don't find how it's pointless to suggest something regarding threads here whether you can post or not.

All right then, here is MY suggestion.

Look, TG/RM has always been what the posters made it be.

If people would post fun and interesting stuff, then the thread will be fun and interesting like it used to be. I remember the days of posting random kitty pictures all day on the thread and it was generally fun for all the members because it was random, funny, and to be quite frank, adorable. I remember when me and Thriller used to chat for ages about random stuff from politics to bass guitar. But that was fine since it only happened rarely.

I remember when the thread was spammed with Hypnotoad for a day back when GM was still around and Rainbow still was a RM regular.

Lately, me and Pyradox used to make quote pyramids to the annoyance of other users. I thought it was pretty funny and Pyra seemed to enjoy as well.

Its because it was such a silly and annoying activity it was hard to take anything seriously (Until we both got warnings for spamming)

or those countless days when CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL and everyone had to type in caps or they were uncool, cause caps IS cruise control for ze kewl.

Those were really fun days to be a member of that thread since it felt alive. It didn't feel stagnant or dull or uncreative, it was a seamless network of random input that all flowed together into one steady topic.

But then there was pretty notorious events that I shall not mention that certainly turned a few heads.

The notorious events sucked to make it short and I doubt any of us want to go back to the days when the scandals were so bad that even Evil Figment made announcements on them.

and Evil Figment was one scary mofo and I admit, I am still a tad intimidated by his avatar. (Does he still have that gif avatar thing where it zooms up on that muppet's face?)

Anyways point being, whenever I lurk the thread is generally lifeless and lacking synergy and randomness.

Milka is always talking about buying new Japanese junk (Body pillows, doll things), Ghetsis is admittedly getting better, I'm actually proud of him, but he used to just post nonstop pokemon competitive stuff and still occasionally does. Shiny Celebi is usually making small remarks on life or what the other two are talking about and the other posters aren't really frequent enough to be noted.

Abba is the only poster who actually keeps my attention for longer than ten seconds.

But hey, its not my place to judge what is fun for everybody else. I abused my privileges on the thread and I got banned so I feel silly for critiquing people that don't abuse their stuff but does the thread I described sound like worth posting in?

Or does it sound (Let's face it) dead?

If you enjoy stable, stagnant, regular, and often dull conversations, God bless. You have the tolerance level that I have yet to achieve.

But if you would rather have a fast paced, fun, and random thread like the original RM was designed for, then the posters aught to make some changes. They need to start talking to each other again and realize they don't always have to talk about Japenese stuff or Pokemon and its okay to have conversations about silly things.

Hell, this is a Pokemon forum.

/rant over

That's just my opinion on the thread.

Last edited:
It's just a fucking Pokemon forum, I don't care.

Seriously, I no longer give a fuck, since I can't post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom