• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fun Facts Of Your Town

Reaction score
Pretty simple, a fun fact about your town, or maybe your state. I don't care.

Anyways, my town has a hardened and privately owned underground bunker. It can apparently survive a 20-Kiloton Nuclear Blast

my towns name comes from the norse word for "rotten wood".

very fitting

my hometown is cooler (pun not intended), it's considered the northermost city in the world and has a big polar bear theme going on. been a while since i moved away from it though.

Here's a few I can think of of the top of my head:
  • The first people started living in the area that would develop to become my town in around the 5th or 6th century. The name of my town was first mentioned in a piece of writing from the 7th century.

• It was the European Capital of Culture in 2018.

• It's the birthplace of world famous dancer and convicted spy Mata Hari (1876 - 1917), and world famous graphic artist M.C. Escher (1898 - 1972).

• The most famous landmark of my town is a leaning tower that leans about as much as the Tower of Pisa.
Other than that, not much I can think of. Not a whole lot happens here.

My town used to be called "Berlin", as in based in Germany's capital city Berlin. However due to World War I (with Germany being Canada's enemy) a referendum was taken in 1916 and its name was changed to Kitchener.

Tbh I prefer Berlin over Kitchener lol

Every city I’ve lived in was the capital of Louisiana at some point.

Likely the only reason that anyone would know my town is if they were in high school marching band on a national competitive level. Or that's what I like to think. I might be biased, though. But I do think it is unlikely for people outside of the state to know the town otherwise.

It's a suburb of a city that once called itself the oil capital of the world.

Haddington, Scotland

The name Haddington is Anglo-Saxon, dating from the sixth or seventh century AD.
The town, like the rest of the Lothian region, was ceded by King Edgar of England and became part of Scotland in the tenth century.
During the High Middle Ages, it was the fourth-biggest city in Scotland. Now, it has a population of 10,000 and is considered a small town.

Known as the "Capital of Silicon Valley"

Was the first capital of California

One of the forgotten top 10 biggest cities in the US

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom