• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Fun Movie Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
So, I took a look around, and I can't seem to find a thread for this, so I decided to make it.

Basically, this is where you post fun little trivia facts about movies. Whether it's some kind of production trivia, a goof in the audio or visuals, or just a fun little background detail you probably wouldn't notice on an ordinary viewing.

So go ahead, dazzle us with your knowledge of pointless movie facts.

For example, did you know that, while the main LEGO movie was not done in stop motion, the credits sequence actually was?

So this is some pretty popular trivia that I'm sure several people already know of, but I still think it's really interesting.

In the earlier days of Disney movies (Cinderella, Robin Hood, The Jungle Book, etc) Disney animators tended to reuse animation from their earlier films. I've heard that they did this to save time, but I've also heard that in the long run it was even more time consuming, because they would have to dig through the archives.

Some examples would be:
image.gif
1257871050927898033.gif

The Sword in the Stone is especially known for these types of scenes. The very last Disney movie to use this method was The Princess and the Frog, if I remember correctly, although that was just one minor scene.

^ I've always loved that little piece of trivia in Disney movies tbh.

Not sure how well known these are, but here we go.

The Land Before Time (1988): Originally, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas wanted the film to have no dialog but abandoned the idea to make the movie more appealing to children.

Balto (1995): Balto's two toned fur design is based on Tramp from Lady and the Tramp.

The Shining (1980): There were many changes to the script during shooting that Jack Nicholson claimed he stopped reading it. He would only read the new pages that were given to him each day. Also, Shelley Duvall suffered from nervous exhaustion throughout filming, including physical illness and hair loss stemming from her performing the baseball bat scene 127 times.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981):
Most of the body blows sounds were created by hitting a pile of leather jackets with a baseball bat. Steven Spielberg and Melissa Mathison wrote a script during shooting breaks on the location of the movie, Mathison was there to visit her husband Harrison Ford and Spielberg dictated an idea he had to her, that script would eventually be called E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

Wreck-It-Ralph (2012):
The graffiti in Game Central Station has a reference to many games, one being a reference to Final Fantasy VII saying "Aerith Lives". Another reference shows "All your base are belong to us!" from the poor English translation of Zero Wing.
bY1p9Gd.png

• Staff
You know how Kylo Ren's lightsaber is all crackly? There's actually an in universe reason for that, the kyber crystal (the thing that powers lightsabers) inside is cracked, so the energy it produces is unstable, resulting in a crackling blade instead of the clean blade produced by other lightsabers. It's also the reason for the crossguard-like bits, they vent excess energy so the lightsaber doesn't explode.

Digimon: The Movie as released in most countries was actually 3 separate, shorter features in the original Japanese versions. There wasn't enough budget to produce a full 2-hour feature however, so they patchworked together a plot tying the 3 segments together, and greatly reduced the overall runtime. The main change was that the character of Willis was originally only present in the third segment (originally known as "Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals"), but was worked minimally into the first segment, and the plot of the second segment (originally known as "Our War Game") was altered considerably to make Diaboromon Willis' creation, rather than the freak accident it was in the original version. Patching 120 minutes of specials into 85 minutes also resulted in large amounts of footage being cut from the specials, most notably the third segment, which originally featured the other original 6 children, who were completely absent from the western version.

There's a scene in The Godfather during the wedding where a person comes into the shot from behind a wall yet immediately pulls back because they were not supposed to be in the picture just yet. I didn't catch it until I watched Francis Ford Coppola's commentary during the movie. Also, a lot of his family members appeared as minor characters in the film, such as the woman singing an Italian opera-like song at said wedding and the infant being christened during Michael Corleone's killing of the rival families being Coppola's daughter.

I also read that Marlon Brando was an animal lover and the cat he had with him was a cat that wandered onto the studio and he just wanted the cat with him.

EDIT: One more fun fact about this movie: the infamous horse's head scene- yes, the horse's head was real and not a prop.

Last edited:
  • Staff
According to Jason Marsden (the voice of Max), when A Goofy Movie was in development, Disney considered dropping Bill Farmer, who had been the voice of Goofy since '87, to be replaced by Steve Martin. They wound up deciding to continue with Farmer as the voice of Goofy however, and he continues to do so to this day.
Even when he was kept on for the movie, Jeffrey Katzenberg requested Farmer record his lines in his normal speaking voice to make Goofy more relatable, thinking that no-one would take Goofy seriously for 75 minutes if he used the standard Goofy voice. Fortunately, after a couple of sessions, everyone unanimously agreed he should use the Goofy voice as he had for the past 8 years. And so a Disney crisis was averted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom