• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Funniest quotes from the Pokémon Games, Anime, Manga, and more?

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
What do you think is the funniest things said in the games (RG to PokéPark 2), anime (OS to BW), manga, and more (the other mangas)

Bye-bye a go-go! - Rocket Grunt - GSCHGSS

I don't have any more quotes. Sorry.

Several:
"First she stole my badges, now my lines!" -Red, RGB saga of Pokémon Adventures/Special.

"Even if you select a "No", you're eventually going to have to select the "Yes", so it always ends up the same anyway...that comes up frequently, that sort of thing...but anyways..." - Chimecho, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, upon selecting "No way!" to Chimecho's offer to let your recruited Pokémon stay at Spinda's Café. (This probably isn't funny; I just spent a hell lot of time laughing at it like the freak I am.)

"Hmph! What are you doing falling down a hole?! Some genius you are! Serves you right!" -Silver, Pokémon Crystal.

"Oh look at what we have here. You're quite the hottie. Why don't you lose that wallflower with you and be my sweetie?"
"Wait a second! Who are you to call me a wallflower? What about me makes me a wallflower?"
"Ahaha! Look at her, she's all serious! Uncool! I'm only teasing out of boredom. A guy like him, he's not to my taste."
"Grrrrr! That's it! I'm furious now! Wes! Be a man; stomp her down!"
"Stomp? Who, me? Ahaha! That's a laugh! Come on then, I'll go easy on you!" - Chaser Emok and Rui, Pokémon Colosseum, in Pyrite Town.

If I remember more, I'll post 'em. Although, one last line, although not particularly humorous:

"Let's kick up a ruckus like there's no tomorrow!" - Lunick/Solana, Pokémon Ranger, in the Go-Rock Base.

"Argh, it's one of those ugly, disgusting trolls!" Brock meeting old man Shuckle in the episode A Better Pill to Swallow from the Anime.

"...Humph! This why I hate battling wimps. There's no challenge in it." what Silver says when you've DEFEATED him for the third time in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

"I lost! I... I lost! Me!" Chuck defeated in Pokemon Stadium 2.

"Wonderful are Pokemon, yes! Teach you I will to be a better trainer! What you want to know? Want to be a winner is you?" Earl the Teacher from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

In FRLG when you beat Gary for Champion, Professor Oak comes and says "I came when I heard you beat the Elite Four."

Horny old man.

"Is that Pokemon taking steroids?" Brock from the anime

BTW, that was one of the funniest lines ever :p

Last edited:
"These are not shorts! These are half-pants!" Youngster at Small Court

That sign in the Team Galactic HQ: "Please make sure the bed is empty before getting in it!" I have to wonder what made them need a sign like that... lol

"We hope to see you again!"

Nurse Joy is a sadistic lady.

I'll say it, "Pikachu! Aim for the horn!" (Actual quote - "Pikachu, the horn!") - Riddle Me This

lol what episode was that?

I remember a Lass in the first generation who said something along the lines of, "Don't try funny things in the dark!"

ಠ_ಠ

Pokemon Emerald had quite a few quotes that struck a chord with me. Mostly those random bits of stupidity found the Battle Frontier.
Triathlete Robby - "I WILL THRASH MY TOYS!"
Ruin Maniac Zackery - "CAN YOU DIG IT YO?"
Fisherman Bailey - "I AM AN ADULT I SWALLOW JOY"
Pokemaniac Griffen - "I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF"

There's also this unforgettable line from the anime if it hasn't been mentioned ten thousand times already.
"Hey, trainers! Which one of these Pokémon evolves into Seviper?" (Later) "OK, trainers! If you chose Arbok, you were right!" ~Ash
WRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say it, "Pikachu! Aim for the horn!" (Actual quote - "Pikachu, the horn!") - Riddle Me This

lol what episode was that?

I forgot the name of it, but it was in the Johto Journeys series, the episode about the Sunflora :) BTW, Brock was talking about a Sunflora :p

"The early bird get's the worm or in this case the Pokemon"
"You look like you're ready for bed rather than Pokemon Training"

-Samuel Oak Ep001 Pokemon I Choose You.

"You're such a little kid"

-Iris Bw001 - present

"I could use pants."- Slowking, 2nd movie

James: Let's try Weight Watchers!
Jessie: It's too late for that!
Meowth: I heard it's never too late if you really stick with the PROGRAAAM!
-2nd movie

Misty: I never knew vikings still existed!
Ash: They mostly live in Minnesota!
-1st movie

"I'm a heartbreaker. My name... Charles." -BW

"The sea!!" (in jagged edged speech bubble with sound effect)- guy on Undella beach in BW

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom