• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Funniest quotes from the Pokémon Games, Anime, Manga, and more?

Well there is the "Golden Ball" from the Japanese translation of Nugget.

From Ruby:
HNI_0081.jpg

Last edited:
Misty: "It must be nice to have a brother"

Ash: "You can pass for my brother"

*misty smacks ash*

Brock: "Grasshopper has little sense but big mouth"

From Pokemon Adventures:
Gold: See I knew we would all be friends!
Everyone else: LIAR!

From G/S/C arc

Marina: i dont know. maybe because you kind of like me?
Jimmy: oh come on!
TYphlosion: *Epic laugh*
Jimmy: Typholosion!!!!!!!

I'm sure this was mentioned before:

Brock: (about Giselle) She can violate my rights anytime.

In the anime Brock said to nurse joy "I will love you for every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year" and I thought that was real funny!

"You're pretty hot….But not as hot as BROCK!" - Camper Liam - Pewter Gym (Generations I and III)

"I did my best. I have no regrets!" - Bug Catcther Cale, Lass Ali, Yougster Timmy, Yougster Eddie - Route 24 and Route 11 (Geneartions I and III)

"I did my best. I have no regrets!" - School Kid Dudley, Lass Ellen, School Kid Joe, Lass Shannon, Lass Laura - Route 25 (Generations II and VI)

"I did my best, so I have no regrets!" - Lass Reli -Route 24 (Generations I and III)

"We both did our best. I have no regrets!" - Camper Lloyd - Route 25 (Generations II an VI)

"Quiet, you lot! Why must you be such a nuisance? Let me list some lessons you still need to learn. #1: Don’t loiter about for no good reason. #2: Don’t interrupt others while they are attempting to converse. #3: If you don’t get your way, don’t raise your voice to be intimidating. #4: Don’t think you’ve grown strong just because you’re in a group. #5: What is with those outlandish outfits you have on? My goodness... You call yourselves adults? You kids, don’t grow up to be like these sorry specimens." - Professor Rowan to Galactic Grunts - Jubilife City (Platinum)

I was stunned and amazed... Nice job Prof...

Ash: Whats a carnivore?
-Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon

Meowth: Don't you worry that blue head of yours!
James: Its lavender.
-Numero Uno Articuno

It annoys me how Ive heard on multiple occasions people saying that James has blue hair. ITS FLIPPIN LAVENDER!

Ash:Sceptile, I choose you-
King of Pokelantis(takes over Ashs body again):my faithful servant!
-Battling the Enemy Within

Damn I love that episode.

Hareta: Is this about that time when I dropped a Geodude on your head?
Hareta:Or maybe it was about that time when I made you smell a Stunky...or maybe...
Mitsumi:*Twitches*
Hareta: I got it! It's about that time when I was half asleep and I accidentally peed on your bag!
Mitsumi: YOU DID WHAT?!
-Pokemon Diamond & Pearl adventure!, volume 4

There are plenty of funny quotes to be found throughout the Pokemon series (I remember getting quite a few chuckles from various lines and moments in Red Rescue Team), but two specific ones come to mind right now:

"What kind of business would a Team Rocket member have here? We aren't selling sanity here." from Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver (Gentleman in Goldenrod Department Store)

"Staff Mottos:
1. Electricity is not infinite.
2. Conserve wherever possible.
3. Watch out for each other.
4. Idle hands are not allowed.
5. Wear shoes with rubber soles.
6. The Manager is awesome." - from poster in Power Plant in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

If I remember any more specific lines, I'll be sure to add them here!

"I am a flaming Moltres!" - James

"I'll be one happy breeder!" - Brock

"I think it [James's Moltres costume] came right out of his closet." - Jessie

A worker in the Kalos Power Plant doubts that you can beat Team Flare and after you do he gives you the whole "I never doubted you for a second" shtick.

There's many many good ones out there but I like this one from the 1st movie

Brock: "I didn't know Vikings still existed"
Ash: "They mostly live in Minnesota"

The NFL fans here would get that

Also in the second movie, I really like the sweet moment from Misty where she said that (Ash) will always have me.

So yeah, there's a lot more funny one out there but I just can' remember them all right now.

Last edited:
"I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad!" - James talking about a bunch of Unown, MO3.

"A Shocking case of Poke love!" "That's the last bath I take with my Tentacool!" - Newspaper Red reads, Pokemon Special.

"If you're confused, then why don't you all just live together?!" - Blue (Female), Pokemon Special.

"Oh, I'm doing great-- NOT!" - Partner from Gates to Infinity.

"Did you have to get a part time job at the Pokeball factory to pay for that ugly suit?" - Calem/Serena, Pokemon X and Y

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's probably a lot more, but I'm blanking out, haha. As for the last one, sassy calem at it again.

From A Shroomish Skirmish
Jesssie: Prepare for trouble, we're hungry to fight!
James: Make it double, we're--
Meowth: (notices the giant pot of stew that Brock made) Hey, forget that, there's food here!
(Jessie and James squeal in delight and join Meowth around the pot)

The Battle Maison/Institute in XY is full of 'em.

"Halt, fool! I am the guardian of this castle's gardens! A ninja of nature!" - Gardener Logan
"Heheh... I see it all clearly... You are a doctor from an evil planet, aren't you?" - Hex Maniac Ciara
"How's that? Owned, suckah!" - Owner Cyril
"The truth is that I'm a time traveler. I just popped by from the future." - Tourist Martine
"Meow, meow, I can haz battle, meow? (Ugh, I really sound like a fool, don't I?)" - Waitress Catla
"The master I was serving disappeared one day. Now I am a masterless Butler--a ronin retainer!" - Butler Faron

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom