• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Funny mistakes

Gato

Le amo Conway
Reaction score
Have we had threads like this before? Oh well. Basically you can post mistakes you've made in Pokemon games.

So there was this one time I was playing Pokemon Diamond for the first time and I decided to leave my Medetite at the Daycare. Well, I left rather quikly and a few weeks later I wanted my Meditite back. Unfortunately, I forgot where the daycare was. After spending a few days looking for it I gave up on even seeing my poor Pokemon again.

Well, a few months later I was wandering the Sinnoh and I found it. That was a happy day.

Wasting time in hearthome, trying to beat the gym, not knowing normal types dont hit aganst ghotst.

In Blue version, I thought that releasing a Pokemon gave you its ball back. When I didn't get back my Master Ball after releasing Onix, I was annoyed (I didn't save so it turned out alright).

In blue I didn't understand that attack strength was determined by stats. As a result I had a Lv100 Venusaur with Tackle (It's massive, a tackle from that'd do loads of damage). It did pwn, but still...

An yeah it took ages to figure out that normal attacks did nothing against ghosts in Silver

Red was the first game I played. It was my friends and I was in the 3rd grade I think. Well he let me borrow it and I spent about 15 minutes trying to get Charmander and Bulbasaur after getting Squirtle. I thought I was doing something wrong but now looking back on it I feel pretty stupid.

I told my brother that growl is an extremely strong attack, he believed me and kept using it..

In Yellow (my first Pokemon game), I didn't know that you could swicth the order of Pokemon in your party. I ended up with a level ~70 Pikachua and ~5 for my other Pokemon.

In Platinum, in the distortion world, I accidently walked all the way back at some point. It was confusing >.<

When I was playing FireRed a couple of years ago, I once encountered a shiny Rattata. I noticed it had a different colour but at that point I didn't know
anything about shiny Pokemon and I killed it, although I had many Ultra Balls with me. Looking back at it now, I can't stop laughing.

In Platinum, in the distortion world, I accidently walked all the way back at some point. It was confusing >.<

Same with me.

On Emerald, I could never figure out where Capt. Stern was. Wasted one day of my life due to that.

when i finally got 48 emerald BP, i used them to teach my aggron ice punch. But i forgot ice punch was special in emerald, and it's a physical aggron.

I rememered another one. So I was playing Blue Rescue Team in Thunderwave Cave for the first time. Well, I used Growl on a Ratata when it's Run Away ability was kicking in. Due to my younger brother's "advice", I thought the arrow meant I'd afflicted it with a lethal status condition. I spent the next few minutes trying to chase it to a Wonder Tile, thinking it would be grateful and join my team. XD

Last edited:
hah i once got of the St Anne before i had collected an item that i wanted and before i had battked half the trianers

Going to Meteor Falls in Ruby... I came across a shiny Zubat and was like "OMGWTF!? SHINY!!!" then when I looked for a pokeball i noticed I had NONE. ;_; So out of spite I had my Rayquaza use Hyper Beam and DESTROY it.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom