• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Further Forms for Vivillon/Floette

Except even if they partially share a model, that doesn't mean that AZ's Floette has to be programmed for battle encounters etc. also. It's completely unnecessary. I don't see why you think that's a definitive thing when it's clearly not.

AZ's Floette is probably a parallel to the Spiky Eared Pichu.

I wonder if it works with Eviolite?

If it does, and keeps normal Floette stats, it's basically a special tank, with roughly 70 Defense and 147 Sp. Defence.

Though since there's nothing for Floette to be better at than normal Floette (like SE Pichu had better Pokeathlon stats), so perhaps a star boost?

HP: 74
Attack: 55
Defence: 67
Sp. Attack: 95
Sp. Defence: 108
Speed: 62

A BST of 471.

Spiky Eared Pichu also gained unique moves like Pain Split. I could see AZ's Floette getting Geomancy or something since its supposedly immortal like Xerneas.

Or maybe they can make some dark implications and give it Oblivion Wing and suggest that it gained the ability to take lives to fuel its own since that's how it was revived.

Or both.

Except even if they partially share a model, that doesn't mean that AZ's Floette has to be programmed for battle encounters etc. also. It's completely unnecessary. I don't see why you think that's a definitive thing when it's clearly not.

It doesn't have to be, but if it's implemented as a form of standard Floette, which it apparently is, anything Floette has would just carry over to the new form unless GF went out of their way to remove it. There's lots of things like this in games, little hidden features that result from things being "dummied out" or oddities arising from the way things are coded. It doesn't mean AZ's Floette is meant to appear in battle or be caught, any more than the ???-type Arceus was mean to appear at all.

It doesn't have to be, but if it's implemented as a form of standard Floette, which it apparently is, anything Floette has would just carry over to the new form unless GF went out of their way to remove it. There's lots of things like this in games, little hidden features that result from things being "dummied out" or oddities arising from the way things are coded. It doesn't mean AZ's Floette is meant to appear in battle or be caught, any more than the ???-type Arceus was mean to appear at all.
???-type Arceus was only there to stop crashes, actually.

Well, that could also be a function of AZ's Floette having battle animations and such.

Well, that could also be a function of AZ's Floette having battle animations and such.
That makes sense I guess. What I don't quite get is why they would put it in there if it's not an intercahngeable form if you won't end up using it...

I'm sure it's there for a reason. I mean if its just there to be used as a model during the AZ theme... that makes no sense. So does that mean that trainers are able to be hacked to appear in the wild?

Anyway, I wanna know the names of those Vivillon forms, as well as the name of the Floette form. Ethereal Flower? Death Flower? Immortal Flower?

I'm sure it's there for a reason. I mean if its just there to be used as a model during the AZ theme... that makes no sense. So does that mean that trainers are able to be hacked to appear in the wild?

Anyway, I wanna know the names of those Vivillon forms, as well as the name of the Floette form. Ethereal Flower? Death Flower? Immortal Flower?

Probably "Ancient Flower" or something lame. Also, you earned a cookie for making me laugh with that wild trainer remark. Good logic! :D

You could actually do that back in the Gen I days due to trainers being implemented the same way as Pokemon. :p But, no, you couldn't, and even if you pulled some extensive hacking to get them to appear they'd be missing important battle animations and such. Things AZ's Floette has basically by default because it's based directly on the standard Floette model, by the way.

I really want the Pokeball Vivilion...it looks great

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom