• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Futurama Mafia- ENDGAME! TOWN WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Futurama Mafia- Day Five- Gleesh!- 5/1/14

I'd like to hear more from @Flaze

Even though he's subbing in, Setra was behaving very oddly when he was in the game. Come to think of it, I don't think he voted for anybody at all. He just popped in every now and then and added little to the discussion. I'd like Flaze to give his opinion at this point, as right now, I'm just as confused as Midori.

EDIT: There's also something that's been nagging at me this whole time.

Specifically, this here.

Hm, I would like to share this you all

Marius said:
Zexy said:
Marius said:
Zexy said:
Marius said:
A faint beeping resounds through your room, causing you to open your eyes. You glance over at the nightstand and see a glowing nose. You pick it up delicately, feeling relieved it isn't a real nose, and use it to light your way through the darkness.

You have been given a glow-in-the-dark nose! You now have a one-shot ability to see through the darkness of other's lies. PM me something someone said, and I'll tell you if they were lying. You can use this now or later.

I would like to use the ability for this post:

While I wholeheartedly agree that I'm not mafia,
Not lying.

Allright. Can I share this conversation with others, or is that spoilered text considered a "role PM"?
It's fine :)

There's a few things that bug me about this.

First, can the statement "I wholeheartedly agree that I am not mafia" really be declared a true/false statement? If I say "I agree that the sky is red" can that be true or false? I'm not sure if this can really be labelled as a true or false statement. How can his agreeing on something be false? How can it be true? If I'm misunderstanding this, please point it out, because I'm a little confused. If it were a simply statement of "I am not mafia" it would work, but it's not. He said "I agree that I'm not mafia" which of course is going to be true. How can you lie about an agreement?

Second, while I've never seen it used on these forums before, False Inventors do exist. Furthermore, Inventor is not a town-exclusive role. This could be a False Inventor who gives out gadgets that either don't work or give negative results. This is of course assuming that the "I agree" statement can really be considered a true/false statement.

Last edited:

Honestly, right now I'm going to bed and I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow so if I get any chance to post it'll be a night. So I'll just leave up with two things. Firstly I haven't read the previous pages, I have no freaking clue as to what happened with Setra which everyone keeps mentioning, meaning I don't know what he did or didn't do so don't assume I have any idea on that regard. So you'll have to wait on that gibs so calm your pants :p

Don't tell me to calm my pants! xD

So in your post regarding the lie detector thing, I completely see where you're coming from with the agree thing, but I would presume that it comes from the last bit predominantly and the 'I agree' was just part of the phrase and didn't dictate results. But I can understand how it's confusing. I'm very unsure now too, to be honest, with what Mido has posted about cop checks I'm very unsure..... It basically comes down to you GG, myself and FA who haven't been checked, and FA seems very town from her actions, I can also say that I assure you I'm not mafia, and then it falls to you. That's the only thing I can make of it right now. Do you have any other thoughts on FA or myself?

Just to be sure, has anyone else received an invention? Because I doubt that's a 1x role, and if the lie-detecting is the only item received, then it's possible the invention was faked.

I got an invention n1. It was a cop check and I used it on Human. N2 was Zexy which was a lie detector, N3 was...idk if the person sent it out. Last night I got another one. It was a dud.

I think No Lynching and waiting for another cop check would be a good option. There's 7 players left, and the doc/cop are still alive. The roleblocker has been lynched a few phases ago. Avoiding possible mislynches may be good.

GastlyGibus said:
Second, while I've never seen it used on these forums before, False Inventors do exist. Furthermore, Inventor is not a town-exclusive role. This could be a False Inventor who gives out gadgets that either don't work or give negative results. This is of course assuming that the "I agree" statement can really be considered a true/false statement.
Yeah, like harryheart has said, I think it probably was more counting the part that said "I'm not mafia" out of harryheart's sentence and the "wholeheartedly agree" part was just there since it was the beginning of the sentence.

With as narrowed down as things are, I think going for a chance to end things now would be worth it personally, since there's not that many people it could possibly be at this point and we'd still have the numbers to have another phase.

GastlyGibus said:
Another thing I would like to mention is the fact that we lynched two mafia members on the first two days, and I was part of those votes. Why on earth would I bus two of my teammates so early? For me to fake-claim miller, and then at the same time bus two of my fellow scum during the very first day phases, would be one of the most ridiculous things ever. I would be setting myself up for failure.
D1 the votes were pretty much between two mafia members and so it doesn't seem like it'd have left a lot of choice for their fellow mafia but to vote one of them. With D2, I think that even mafia probably realized that superbob was going to end up being a huge liability at that point and it might've been a way to semi-salvage the situation to go ahead and vote him to look good.

Did you guys all die? Is that what happened here?

GastlyGibus I (FinalArcadia)

Well I'm assuming people are discussing things outside of the thread too. I don't want to see FA lynched so as a placeholder:

Vote: GastlyGibus

I don't have a big reason for it. I'm aware of everyone's role at this point and some I trust fully or have been proven to me. Through process of elimination, I think there is only two players left in the game who could potentially flip scum. Gibs is one of them.

As I agree with CF and I don't think it's FA and I know it's not me:

@Marius; I think the stunned confusion has caused our brains to fry and therefore communication is just a babble at that

I can honestly see the suspicion, and I'm just as confused as you guys are, but I don't really know what to say at this point. I mean, is there really anything I can say to clear myself? It's a bit disheartening since you guys are leaving me with no way to defend myself.

I have the morning shift tomorrow at work, and I'll most likely miss the rest of the discussion and the subsequent phase update, so I'm just going to leave you with this before I go to bed. I am not mafia. This will result in a mislynch, and then we'll all (well, you all, since I'll be dead) be left just as confused as before. Sure, you can vote FinalArcadia, but I honestly haven't seen her do anything that would make me think she's scum. Granted, she's been playing here longer than I have, and she is the second best bet, according to you guys anyway, but I just don't see it. I still don't trust this cop (since they haven't even claimed yet and you guys just seem to be just blindly following everything they say), but whatever. Go ahead. Mislynch me. Assuming I don't die by the end of the phase, I'm going to do a thorough check of the thread tomorrow when I get back from work and try and figure this out.

I really don't know what to tell you guys at this point. According to most of the votes, I haven't been scummy but you are lynching me "just because." You are making a mistake, and you are leaving me with no conceivable method of defending myself. This is going to be a mislynch. Since I'm going to bed and I have to work morning tomorrow, I'm just going to go ahead and:

Vote: No Lynch

I don't have time to look through the thread to give you a better alternative at the moment. All I can say is please reconsider your choice. :/

Going by posts, GastlyGibus looks town.
Going by claims, GastlyGibus is the logical choice for the lynch.

However, posts can be crafted to look pro-town, and there's been quite a lot of cases of pro-town mafia.

VOTE: Yato

I still don't feel right about Gibs being the last mafia. Honestly I think there is a tailor or maybe inheritor, because seriously considering the town roles it seems way unbalanced. Yato claimed governor, so if she truly is then she should be able to just redirect onto Gibs, and if he's mafia he dies, and we win. If she is lying about her ability then she dies and that would mean she is last mafia. This way we cover all of our bases.

VOTE: Yato

I still don't feel right about Gibs being the last mafia. Honestly I think there is a tailor or maybe inheritor, because seriously considering the town roles it seems way unbalanced. Yato claimed governor, so if she truly is then she should be able to just redirect onto Gibs, and if he's mafia he dies, and we win. If she is lying about her ability then she dies and that would mean she is last mafia. This way we cover all of our bases.

This... this is logical, actually.

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: Yato

What if we're both proven to be town? Who would be the next best lynch?

What if we're both proven to be town? Who would be the next best lynch?

Well FA, CF, Me, HH. I guess we'll worry about that after. But hey you're town and governor so no issue with it right? We vote you and you redirect onto Gibs, unless you're lying.

Eh, fine then.
Unvote: Gastlygibus
Vote: Yato

But someone had better get online and vote me quick before the phase update because the votes are tied even with me voting myself, and I don't think I'm able to overturn a phase that's about to end in a No Lynch

Unvote: GastlyGibus

Votr: Yato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom